Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st December 2009, 00:12   #16
BHPian

Seeler, I think you did a great job. Luckily Biker was attended by the Mahindra pick up guys. Rest Cops has to take care.

The Indica Guy's Daughter's behaviour is rediculous, they will relealize when they come across similar situation.
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 00:20   #17
BHPian

Nice gesture from your side.

I am sure people might argue that you could have done more. What you did in that situation is noteworthy when compared to many of us who just drive without caring for the injured.

God Bless you.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 01:44   #18
BHPian

Good job. But it's a wonder the police didn't detain you for a statement and other formalities.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Good job. The daughter might have been scared and reacted that way. (Silly girl was just trying to defend her father maybe). Anyway, it's good to see that the father has owned up to his mistake. I think that he was conscious of the fact but was worried about the consequences.

I wonder what many of us will decide when faced with such a situation.
sydras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 21:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Obviously the girl was just trying to push the blame onto someone else,and rather than acknowledge the mistake she was trying to cover it up.had it been someone else, I'm sure she would have received one tight slap to put her back in her place. I'm against using physical force in such instances, but if it warrants the use of one then by all means it ought to be implemented. Ii would probably have given the girl a senario,where she was involved in something like this and lay flat out on the road with no one to help (all due to one person's mistake,and she'd get to pay the price of it). Not sure if it would make a difference to such individuals,though.
None-the-less, good job on your part.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Obviously the girl was just trying to push the blame onto someone else,and rather than acknowledge the mistake she was trying to cover it up.had it been someone else, I'm sure she would have received one tight slap to put her back in her place. I'm against using physical force in such instances, but if it warrants the use of one then by all means it ought to be implemented. Ii would probably have given the girl a senario,where she was involved in something like this and lay flat out on the road with no one to help (all due to one person's mistake,and she'd get to pay the price of it). Not sure if it would make a difference to such individuals,though.
None-the-less, good job on your part.
Nitin, there was a passerby around who wanted to slap her. She was a real brat and told him that if he laid a hand on a woman, she would get the cops. Anyways, I will be going back to Pune either this weekend or the next and will check again with the cops at the chowkie what happened. Also the number of the car, if I remember was MH04 BW 9512 or 9712, can't remember, as I handed the tissue paper to the cops.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:59   #22
BHPian

You did the right thing under the circumstance.
You couldn't have stopped to help the biker andmake the errant driver see reason at the same time. We can only hope and pray that the biker's injuries will heal quickly and he/she will be on the path to recovery soon.

What makes my blood boil is the attitude of the daughter. All such people actually deserve to get the severest punishment. This is the price that innocent people pay because many (Indian) parents do not inculcate the right values-civic sense- obedience to rule of law - in their progeny. They think lavishing them with material goodies is enough. And the arrogance of it!

I would strongly recommend that you publish your experience in a national newspaper ( through letters to the editor) and mention the registration number of the errant car. That will be a small step to shame people to stop behaving like Manu Sharmas in our benighted country.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:17   #23
BHPian

You did the best at that moment buddy! I salute your efforts.

Stopping at an accident site also requires quite an effort especially when you have someone with you like family or women in your car.

Not everyone can take the sight pretty easily. I could not stop at atleast 2-3 accidents cause my wife was along with me and she cannot take the sight of blood and becomes sick. I feel bad for a few moments but give it my best by at least calling for an ambulance or police.

The most appreciative thing is your eagerness to help which lacks in most of us on the road.
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote