Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd December 2009, 11:54   #1
BHPian

Default Tried saving one life today - Bike accident

Good morning BHPiens,

This is my first experience of helping any accident victim

Today morning, on my way to office -

My office is at Mind-space - Malad (W). There is a road parallel to Link road and reaches till Interface complex. The road is a open stretch and a Bikers paradise (Hell). I reached the road from inorbit side.

I saw crowd gathered, the first thought was, it might be a car to car thing and some rant. Later I realised it was a bike accident. The bike was shattered. The rider was no where to be seen. Then I saw a young man (20 to 25) lying on the divider. The divider is kind of broad and has greenary on it. I saw he was bleeding from head and breething.

I heard people saying "Ambulance Aa raha hai". I was ok hearing that and continued my commute. Somehow, a human in me felt real bad, I took a U turn and reached the other spot. Checked with people, they said he is badly injured. I told them to take him to hospital. heard none. I lady biker asked me "Aap leke jaoge kya". With out a second thought, I nodded Yes and said chalo. I dont know, how I gathered the courage, but somehow god wanted me to help him.

With help of few show watchers we put him in back sit. Nobody was ready to accompany till the hospital or tell me where the hell is hospital. Another Biker there Mr Bryan, said he will guide me to hospital. I thanked him. Meanwhile wireless cops on Bike arrived. I requested one of them, to come with me as the Bhagavati hospital (at Borivali) was far and I would have to face many traffic lights. He agreed. He suggested to take him to the private hospital nearby "Diamond hospital".

First time in my life, I drove like a meniac with tacho reading of 5k. Reahed the hospital 2 km away in 5 mins, jumping 2 traffic lights, honking like mad and upper beam on.

Entered hospital, the guy was still breathing. He had a wounds on him head, he was trying to breath by mouth, and bleeding from mouth. Just because I had a cop with me, hospital could not say no to admission. They took him for examination, announce he is in real bad shapa and had to be rushed to Bhagvati. They gave him 2 injections and cleared clotted blood from lungs.

They called ambulance, however it did not reach in 10 mins. Every min passing by, I started raising my voice. The cop realized the emergency, he called wireless vehicle and suggested they will carry him to hospital in wireless van. He was sure that they can reach in 15 mins to Bhagvati and ambulance cannot match there time atall. I was relieved.

The van came in bang 5 mins. He was loaded in the Van and off to Bhagvati. Cops took mine and my Bryan's number. They said need not worry as we hv helped them in saving a life. There will not be any trouble.

The cops on bike suggested in to take my car for wash, I said yes, but question - who would wash when they will see pool of blood on my back seat. They accompanied me to a near by washing shed, got the car washed and even did not allow me to pay. Yes, they paid for the car wash.

I don't know I cannot describe the rush in my blood to save the life. The guy's name is Mr Sharma. This was identified from him license.

We could not call him folks as his phone had sim lock. Cops took care of all the things.

I am really feeling like, the only good thing I did in my life, tried saving a life. I thank god for giving me courage to face the situation.

Mumbai Police - Who say they are Bad - they are humans, they helped me, I helped them, a co-operation between a comman man and cops. I salute them.

They promised me to let me know the condition of the guy.

I missed my 2 meetings, I have no regrets, I SAVED A LIFE TODAY LIKE A TRUE BHPien.

PS - The bike has TC number so was brand new and biker was without helmet
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:59   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I missed my 2 meetings, I have no regrets, I SAVED A LIFE TODAY LIKE A TRUE BHPien.
A very noble gesture you should be proud of it.
Hope the fellow recovers soon.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Man i salute you for the courage and the work you did. I bet no one woukld have dared to do this when that lady asked "App leke jayenge kya" only due to the trouble they face later on. Good for you that hospital people took that guy inside(as you said police was with you). there are so mny case where i had taken some injured to hospital and they didn't allow inside also because of accident case. Once again you are a true Indian and hats off to you
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:03   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Noble gesture. Reading your post gave me goosebumps. Great stuff!

Please do try to keep updated regarding his progress. I hope he recovers completely and doesnt suffer more.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:04   #5
BHPian

Firebird, you are great, God bless you and your family. God will definitely be pleased with you for such a samaritan Act. Three cheers to Fire bird.
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:05   #6
BHPian

My salutes to your courage and prompt action. May god bless me with such qualities when the situations needs them.
sen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:06   #7
BHPian

You have done a great job mate. Police are really helpful in this case, hats-off to them. Hope he recovers soon.
Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

That was a very brave & noble thing you did Firebird. All of us in T-BHP are very proud of you. I hope that the many thousands that read through this thread will feel that they too want to contribute like this.

Quote:
They accompanied me to a near by washing shed, got the car washed and even did not allow me to pay. Yes, they paid for the car wash.
That's a true reward for your timely help.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:07   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai Police - Who say they are Bad - they are humans, they helped me, I helped them, a co-operation between a comman man and cops. I salute them.
Hats off to you Buddy. And perfectly put, cops are also humans..
kraft.wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:12   #10
BHPian

@firebird , I salute you man. Your noble act is highly admirable. Your timely help has saved a life and I am sure that the biker will realise his stupidity of not wearing a helmet.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Awesome buddy! You did a great thing and you should definitely be proud of yourself.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:16   #12
BHPian

A Great Deed indeed, you have not just saved a life but his entire family's well being. The sense of satisfactions should be tremendous. Surprised to hear about the cops, they are really 'super cops'.

However, i need to ask, whether you are/anyone around trained to handle accident victims. If it was not, then it's a very high risk activity that you have done and would have got yourself in trouble if anything had happened to the victim. just keep this in mind in future.

Anyway, since everything has happened good, Enjoy your day. God Bless and Be with you.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:20   #13
BHPian

I salute you Firebird.
Your act has saved a life.

Keep up the good work and hope all of us would contribute like you.

Good to know that police were really supportive, promotes this kind of helpful attitude among everyone.

Edit - I hope once the biker recovers, he will learn to use a helmet.

Last edited by gods-envy : 3rd December 2009 at 12:21.
gods-envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:21   #14
BHPian

"I SAVED A LIFE TODAY". - Nothing ever comes close to that feeling. .

I salute your spirit man!. Way to go.
veeru27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Firebird, that's a fantastic job you have done..saved the life of a man. Something very rare that police did not come in between and helped the common man to save a life. Do keep us updated on his condition in this thread.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote