Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 15th January 2010, 00:56   #61
BHPian

Ah. The age old solution to all traffic issues. 'Mamool'
But issigonis, In a democracy like ours we make the law. And if we don't like a law, we have the right to speak up against it.
wildsdi5530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 12:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

The law is a bit weird as wildsdi and some others have pointed out. What's wrong with a handsfree set? If its because talking itself is a distraction, then by the same logic, the driver should not talk to his passengers at all.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 15th January 2010 at 12:02.
McLaren Rulez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 13:48   #63
BHPian

Default Traffic Offence

I don't know about B'bay, but out here in H'bad, while getting back your documents, the compulsory 'torture' that one has to undergo, apart from the fines, is the 4 hours of compulsory audio-visual session in the RTA, about traffic rules and repercussions. It is indeed difficult to forget this session, the next time you wish to break any rule.. it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Lads,

Yesterday I was booked ( rightly so) by the Mumbai Traffic Police while I was using my mobile ( was finishing my call when the traffic police saw me and asked me to park by the side) on JVLR, Mumbai.

I gave up my driving licence on demand and received a Form L, which says that I should report to the Andheri Court on a specific date.I have never believed in 'paying off' a government servant and on this occasion waited patiently till he examined my licence, noted down my car's registration no. and also my mobile no., before handing me the challan ( Form 'L' TEM).

As per this Form 'L' TEM, I have been booked for the offence of 250 (A) 177 MVA. On enquiry the policeman told me that nowadays all drivers booked for using their mobiles while driving are to go to the court and retrieve their licences.

I felt so bad about violating the law that I didn't ask for further details.

Can anyone here help by informing me about the process from here onwards?

Regards
refaircargo is offline   Reply With Quote