Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 26th December 2009, 20:10   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunate. I doubt he is a BHPian as I don't recollect seeing such a car anywhere on the forum.

And if he is one, about time you start driving safe pal.
GTO Sir, what about off-line infractions for such members? Thats only a figment of my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

Dude, if u wanna race, pls select some open stretches. Next time u try something funny like this, i'll surely run you off the road, whoever u are.

I think it was a bad decision to launch these stickers, since almost every ricer boy in town has them on now, and are upto all sorts of stunts, giving the forum a bad name. And some of them are 100% non bhp-ians. Heck they have no clue what team-bhp is!!
Too bad to read about someone doing this and worse if he is a BHPian!
But JayD last week I was in Kolkata and found the traffic to be unruly as always with every other taxi, car or bus trying to cut lanes or tailgate you.I was in an Ambassador moving all around.At a junction where a taxi was cutting lanes almost hitting our car's front fender, my car's driver stopped and gave the taxi fellow a piece of his mind.But otherwise everyone is habituated and cool about the other one breaking rules.
I only wonder how unsafe people moving in ductile Marutis and Hyundais might be feeling in Kolkata, with huge buses and cars all around breaking traffic rules.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 12:46   #32
BHPian

Onething that struck me in the whole thread is the denial mode every one got in to. "Oh no! It can't be a T-bhpian".

We have seen many travelogues by members boasting of 150 + speeds, members own accounts about accidents they have met with and unsafe and dangerous stunts like photography while driving. Of course most of the post have a standard disclaimer that "I was taking enough care and was driving safe".

Many of the car enthusiasts have a feeling that since they presume to know more about thier cars, they are in more control and can do what others can't.

T-Bhpian or not there are safe drivers and there are not. Let's not try to glorify ourselves by believing that T-Bhpians are safe drivers.

May be before membership, all aspiring members must take a pledge that they will not violate traffic rules and will always drive safely before granting membership.
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 13:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

I agree with raju2512. I just hope if the driver was a tbhpian, he will realize what he did was dangerous to himself and others. If not for the strict moderation in the forum, we could have seen more unruly behaviour online too (does appear).
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 18:51   #34
BANNED

I always wanted to post this in T-BHP, but could not, since my membership was not accepted here..

A Silver Civic with an Uncle driving it cut me so hard from left when I was overtaking (Probably coz a Santro was overtaking a Civic) , that I had to break hard almost resulting in a hault while going to office near the Big Bazaar on the ITPL road. I noticed a T-BHP sticker when uncle took right to get away, I hope the uncle noticed the stickers on my car and the finger..!

This was around 4-5 months back. Uncle if you are reading this, I was not racing.. was late for office! There is nothing wrong if a Santro overtakes a Civic... take it easy
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 20:24   #35
BHPian

Yeah, i too resisted the temptation to get stickers for my Bolero.
I guess its better not to be labelled on the road.

I flash my lights when i meet a good looking Bolero. Its the Bolero Brotherhood.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 20:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Onething that struck me in the whole thread is the denial mode every one got in to. "Oh no! It can't be a T-bhpian".
It's called "wishful thinking" Yes, he could have been a T-BHPian as well.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post

We have seen many travelogues by members boasting of 150 + speeds, members own accounts about accidents they have met with and unsafe and dangerous stunts like photography while driving. Of course most of the post have a standard disclaimer that "I was taking enough care and was driving safe".

Many of the car enthusiasts have a feeling that since they presume to know more about thier cars, they are in more control and can do what others can't.

T-Bhpian or not there are safe drivers and there are not. Let's not try to glorify ourselves by believing that T-Bhpians are safe drivers.

May be before membership, all aspiring members must take a pledge that they will not violate traffic rules and will always drive safely before granting membership.
+1 to that,
But not every BHPian drives rash. There are exceptions in every field.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 17:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
GTO Sir, what about off-line infractions for such members? Thats only a figment of my imagination.

Too bad to read about someone doing this and worse if he is a BHPian!
But JayD last week I was in Kolkata and found the traffic to be unruly as always with every other taxi, car or bus trying to cut lanes or tailgate you.I was in an Ambassador moving all around.At a junction where a taxi was cutting lanes almost hitting our car's front fender, my car's driver stopped and gave the taxi fellow a piece of his mind.But otherwise everyone is habituated and cool about the other one breaking rules.
I only wonder how unsafe people moving in ductile Marutis and Hyundais might be feeling in Kolkata, with huge buses and cars all around breaking traffic rules.
People driving the ductile Marutis and Hyundais must have got habituated in the long run, and they too could be doing the same to the 2-wheelers.
I'd any day prefer a driver than driving myself in such a place where there isn't much traffic sense amongst people. Safety doesn't hurt, its always better to be safe than sorry.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote