Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 16:13   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,194
Thanked: 1,988 Times
Default Bad meeting with a BHP-ian

A few weeks back, i was driving through cochin, when i see a white indica, with LED strips all over the front entering from a bylane. I cross the lane before he reaches the junction and i continue straight, at maybe over 60-70, and then i signal(well in advance) that i have to turn right(U turn) and start to slow down, i hear a screech from behind, and look into my mirror (which is set to anti glare more) and i see nothing, look at the outside mirror, and i see this indica literally centimeters away from my car, and there is no way he is stopping in time. I Abort the plan to turn, and stomp on the acceletaror, the indica dude thinks i wanna race, and he tries to tailgate me.

I have no intention to race, as i have other people with me, and i started to move to the left lane, when i see this idiot trying to climb in from the left. We were now in a thickly populated area, where many elderly people come out to walk. I slow down almost to a stop, and let him pass.

Its then that i see a 'Live to drive' Sticker on the right side of his bumper. He overtakes me, slows down, then revs and screeches off! It was a white Indica, V2 LSi, with the mpfi 16V sticker n all.

Dude, if you wanna race, pls select some open stretches. Next time you try something funny like this, i'll surely run you off the road, whoever u are.

I think it was a bad decision to launch these stickers, since almost every ricer boy in town has them on now, and are upto all sorts of stunts, giving the forum a bad name. And some of them are 100% non bhp-ians. Heck they have no clue what team-bhp is!!

Last edited by Dippy : 28th December 2009 at 09:14. Reason: Post edited.Please avoid the use of SMS language in your posts. Thanks.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 16:18   #2
BHPian
 
amith.2974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Well I suppose we could give the benefit of the doubt that it was not a bhpian behind the wheel?
amith.2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 16:45   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
...Next time u try something funny like this, i'll surely run you off the road, whoever u are...
Buddy, chill. Dogs bark - we cant bark back at them. Just call them guys with a "Premature E----" Problem, just cant hold their nerve long enough, guys without self control. Forget this incident, lets all just be sane drivers on the road.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 16:49   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

If the guy is a bhpian himself, he may be also reading this post.
Or alternatively if he was using the car belongs to his relative who can be a Bhpian, then the guy will not come to about this, and may be everytime he will repeating similar kind indiscipline behaviour on the road ?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 17:05   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,710
Thanked: 1,080 Times
Default

It wasnt me , But I'd like to apologize on behalf of all (white) Indica owners anyway A lot have inferiority/superiority complexes w.r.t their cars

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th December 2009 at 17:07.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 17:33   #6
BHPian
 
lobojames9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

I guess not much can be done about such members as offline behaviour cannot be judged online. But hoping the driver of the white indica gets to read this and mends his ways.
lobojames9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 17:53   #7
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Jay, I have experienced such things myself too. I was in one of my fiats once and I blew past a Honda City only to have this guy literally bear down on my backside. So I just pulled to the left and let him past. He over took me, and then I noticed that he had the GOT BHP sticker. The City was black with chrome rims and had a FFE.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:53   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,703
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Post the number of the Indica- atleast the partial number! There are not too many petrol Indicas around...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 19:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kerala
Posts: 4,560
Thanked: 2,760 Times
Default

Leave out the series and post RTO and vehicle number. Would be enought to keep an eye out for.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 19:04   #10
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,194
Thanked: 1,988 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amith.2974 View Post
Well I suppose we could give the benefit of the doubt that it was not a bhpian behind the wheel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
If the guy is a bhpian himself, he may be also reading this post.
Or alternatively if he was using the car belongs to his relative who can be a Bhpian, then the guy will not come to about this, and may be everytime he will repeating similar kind indiscipline behaviour on the road ?

The guy may not be the owner/member, but the forum gets a bad name anyways, thanks to the antics of such charecters. Actually, there are a lotta non bhp-ians having the sticker Come to think of it, none of the active bhpians here have a sticker on now

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
It wasnt me , But I'd like to apologize on behalf of all (white) Indica owners anyway A lot have inferiority/superiority complexes w.r.t their cars

LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Post the number of the Indica- atleast the partial number! There are not too many petrol Indicas around...
It was KL-7-As-xxx i think, not sure. It had a 7 somewhere. That's all i know!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 19:37   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
sumeethaldankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,577
Thanked: 905 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think it was a bad decision to launch these stickers, since almost every ricer boy in town has them on now, and are upto all sorts of stunts, giving the forum a bad name. And some of them are 100% non bhp-ians. Heck they have no clue what team-bhp is!!
I am with you on this one buddy,i had raised concerns about this once but i really don't want to say what happened.Anyways i guess you will always find a jerk or two on the road.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 20:17   #12
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Probably he was trying to get your attention as a fellow bhpian

We are discussing in some seperate thread how to communicate to the other vehicle if we find out that he is a bhpian and people had come up with different ideas like honking,flashing,revving.

Probably that guy got inspired from such kind of a thread and hence the stunt
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 00:21   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,194
Thanked: 1,988 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Probably he was trying to get your attention as a fellow bhpian

We are discussing in some seperate thread how to communicate to the other vehicle if we find out that he is a bhpian and people had come up with different ideas like honking,flashing,revving.

Probably that guy got inspired from such kind of a thread and hence the stunt

My car has no stickers or anything! I wonder where he got the idea to race with me!


And if this is how bhp-ians are planning to greet each other on the road, i forsee a huge reduction in the member count soon!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 00:33   #14
BHPian
 
Alter_Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 443
Thanked: 97 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
And if this is how bhp-ians are planning to greet each other on the road, i forsee a huge reduction in the member count soon!

Yeah, I agree thats a huge difference on living life on a forum and the real life.

But here in bangalore I have had always sweet experiences with t-bhpians.I have always been given way even when it was not desired or deserved the moment there is any interaction of our vehicles on the roads and not to mention the warm smile which is exchanged.Shows the power and respect this forum generates
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 08:29   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
My car has no stickers or anything! I wonder where he got the idea to race with me!

when you moved to the right lane, in order to make a U-turn, did you have your indicator on?
If not, may be this guy thought, you are blocking his way and hence the reaction.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello to BHP-ians from a New BHP-ian. CRtorquefan Introduce yourself 1 27th May 2011 15:59
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks