Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 31st August 2005, 12:10   #16
BHPian

Default How it happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia
may be the car hit the auto a bit, the lady panicked and turned around and hit a divider and then the car flipped. because there is no way that the city could overturn with just a small hit to the auto
Spot on! just spoke to Sandeep (SANDEV) who had taken the pics and he said the same. She panicked after she hit the Auto and instead of hitting the brakes, she hit the accelerator and hit the divider. The dividers in Kharghar are not vertical but have a slight curve from bottom to top and that aided her flight....
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the NHC is an unsafe car. But by God, I think that is one unsafe driver. Besides, the car might have flipped without hitting the Auto very badly. Maybe it was the divider, maybe it was wrong braking. I think it was driver panic.

I remember a night in Bangalore about 7-8 years back. People familiar with Bangalore's MG road will know about this spot. It is the trisection near Utility building in front of Cariappa Colony (Army Quarters). A Maruti Omni came in from Residency Road onto MG Road at high speed and hit the divider just at the point where it starts. The van flipped over into the air, turned one time and landed in the other lane on its wheels. The driver was shaken but not stirred and luckily for him and the others the traffic was held up at the junction close to Raheja Towers and that Webb's Petrol bunk. Could have been much worse, but I guess the Omni was good enough to take that punishment as that idiot was able to drive away.

And it is better that a car crumples and takes the shock of the impact if it saves lives. I do not trust the Koreans over the Japanese in this regard.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 12:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Oh Wow! so I was correct.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 13:55   #19
BHPian

Post Apna Bajaj...Vs Honda CIty

Thanks to gr8guzzler for posting the snaps. I was among the first who visited the accident site and after confirming that she is perfectly fine I asked her what exaclty happened.

Here is what she told me: As Auto hit us from back I looked back and got panic and instead of putting breaks I accelerate and lost control over the car and it went on dividers and rolled up side down.

Well no one got hurt, that was the best part.

DRIVE SAFE!
sandev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 14:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is what she told me: As Auto hit us from back I looked back and got panic and instead of putting breaks I accelerate and lost control over the car and it went on dividers and rolled up side down.
ohh gawd thats the most hilarious thing ever !!
it was just an auto not a friggin bus ,chalo the driver who hits from behind is usually responsible for the accident and bears the cost
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 17:42   #21
BHPian

i think women ( i m a woman but still saying this) should not drive big cars until they are confident of drving the same at highways. panic button is always most active amongst women so they should always take care of not to panic with just an auto hitting the car. may be damage would have been lesser if she woudnt have looked behind to see what hit her. imagin if it would have been bus or truck then she would have landed straight on the flyover above the highway at khargar.

good to hear that she is safe and may be good is looking over her.

shubbhi
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 17:58   #22
BHPian

Default In Front of My House

Hey This is right in front of my house. When was this. and how on earth I see it here and not in actually.
pranil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 19:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Hey This is right in front of my house. When was this. and how on earth I see it here and not in actually.
Yesterday morning @ 8.30. I know, I was as suprised as you when I recieved these pics, esp since I stay in Raghunath Vihar and had no clue that something like this had happened.
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 21:05   #24
BHPian

sorry guys can u tell in what cases does a car topple and what is body roll ??
dont find it silly i seriously dont know
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2005, 18:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
Yesterday morning @ 8.30. I know, I was as suprised as you when I recieved these pics, esp since I stay in Raghunath Vihar and had no clue that something like this had happened.
Do u (pranil) also work in night, like Gr8guzzler? You guys must be sleeping the time it happened. Anyways..Team-BHP reporter was there on the spot to cover story for you guys.. Thats me
Old 1st September 2005, 20:23   #26
BHPian

Talking

Nice pics of that accident. That was so crazy accident, what the hell was she trying to do
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2005, 21:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev
Do u (pranil) also work in night, like Gr8guzzler? You guys must be sleeping the time it happened. Anyways..Team-BHP reporter was there on the spot to cover story for you guys.. Thats me

NO man . I am a regular gfuy. Just so that Crazy rules of Ragunath Vihar mean I get out from back side and drive down to Kharghar on the main road only. That how I missed the thing. Where are u put up and what do you drive??
pranil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2005, 07:15   #28
BHPian

thats pretty scary the car looks as if its not gonna even tilt but this has toppled

scary ...very scary
always_dui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:06   #29
BANNED

It is a light car made for economy so it is to be expected,also depends on the angle of the hit, now if that was a Trax, things would be sad for the 3 wheeler, I have seen the Trax and the Jonga split trucks.
Gurkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2005, 11:16   #30
BHPian

Pranil - I'm having desi - Indica LSi (Petrol) and it is going so far so good. I reside at Kulswamini Residency, its a newly constructed building currently painted in white, I'm there on 4th floor. Opp. to tennis court or say front side of RV.

What do u drive? Keep writing and drive safe.