Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 02:42   #151
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Shishir. Not sure how I missed this thread. Was shocked to see what happened coz of a reckless truck driver. Your are indeed lucky. Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.
dreamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 08:25   #152
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,971
Thanked: 3,387 Times
Default

Shishir, that was indeed an unfortunate accident, and thanks heavens you and your family are safe.!

I would go with the opinion that its better letting go of the car since it has served its purpose, and lack of original spares means it cant get as reliable and safe as it was these years.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 10:33   #153
BHPian
 
brar.arsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PATIALA/CHD/PUNE/Noida
Posts: 107
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

ya if it can be repaired then repair it, otherwise let it go as it will not be that safe with duplicate parts.
brar.arsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 10:38   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
pjbiju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Shishir you are one lucky family. Thank God you and your family is safe. Sorry about the Matiz. I know how it feels after I lost one of my friends recently through an accident for no fault of his. I hope the truck owner pays dearly for this.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 10:53   #155
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Surat/Mumbai
Posts: 201
Thanked: Once
Default

btw, even my family suffered an accident this sunday due to the negligence of a moron near Hassan town. My grandfather and his brother were travelling in our Innova (a driver was driving it) on NH-48 (Hassan by pass) when suddenly a moron driving a Hyundai Accent comes from a cross road and bangs the Innova at full speed.

It can't get worse than this, when its no fault of ours, and still are banged.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 11:41   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Shishir, I am deeply moved by the pictures of you and your son. I am glad that you made it with little injuries. I was at loss of words when I saw the photo of your kid with those bandages. I wish these truck morans are punished severly. Its such a loss to see a well maintained car after a accident like this. I would say that the car has withstood the impact well. I wish you and your family a speedy recovery. Like everyone has mentioned, your angel has worked overtime to protect you and your family. Please be thankful for the build quality of matiz. Matiz commands a special respect in my heart after looking at these photos. Get well soon buddy.
Thanks for the wishes buddy.You are right. It desreves the respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Thx let me know how fast? All I know is we are so deep seated in being extremely/extremely liberal in dolling out punishment that I don't know where things are headed but for some initial noise!

A terrorist who attacked and killed people in parliment is given life sentence and he is seeking a pardon from the President.
An actor has been found guilty for arms possesion close to 2 years ago and he has still not been sentenced - in the meantime he has made several movies and the joke also entered politics!
Mass murderes are still out of bail!!

Lifer's are getting furlow/furlough to go to weddings some have even escaped to Bangladesh. I don't think any of this will be fixed without a real revolution thats if people get of their asses and get down to it
Cool down dude. I will try my best to get him inn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Happy to hear that you escaped without any major injuries. Wish you and your family a speedy recovery
Thanks for the wishes buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
God Damn. I knew there was a pic of an accident somewhere, but after seeing the beautiful pics of the car and then scroll down and look at the crash, actually freezes your blood. Something, I can never imagine and would never want to imagine

Thank God, especially that your kid was ok. Must have been real traumatizing
After seeing the car state I was traumatized.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 11:52   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Listen, I doubt you will not miss your 10 year old Matiz after a few months of scrapping it. I suggest you go to the place in B'lore where you get parts from scrapped vehicles. This kind of a place is here in Pune and we can get almost every part from scrapped Matiz's. So if you do not want your Matiz (that saved your family) to go under the knife and become a donor like hundreds of others, save it. Get all the parts from other cars and rebuild it. It does not look that bad that it can not be rebuilt. C'mon it saved you and it is your dads hard earned car. Just arrange all the parts that are damaged from the scrap suppliers because believe you me, they have a lot of Matiz parts and I can assure you, you will get everything back. This car is a legend and has played an even more important part in your life. The day you sell it for scrap, it will be thin air in a matter of minutes with every intact part taken away to be sold separately and I don't think you want your Matiz to die like that. Even if it is not as reliable or refined, I am sure you will be happy even looking at it parked in your driveway, all done up.

As you can see, I am a fan of this car and I have one and I cannot sell it even if someone offers me 10 lacs on it. I won't. Yours even saved your life. Let me know and if you decide to repair it and cannot find some part, I'll help you get it from Pune.
never and ever I thought of seeing my car die like this.But the problem is, the chasis of the car is badly damaged.This can be seen below the car.I know my car will be a donor.But with the chasis gone I don't have any choise.All the sentiments are there but can't help.Before ot goes under the knife I am looking into the spares.But have to see.Hey you are one of the luckiest person to have a 5star safety car.Take care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Thank god you and your family are safe man..That really is scary. Take care and get well soon.
Thanks for the wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
My vote is with Abhi, you still get Matiz parts available, not sure if ALL the parts you require will be available. Try Gujri market and you could be lucky..

After all it takes a lot to shell out 70-80K for a 10 year old car, but if your pocket allows you. Please do it mate, this car is your SAMURAI
I know man it is a SAMURAI but due to the reasons said above I have to see for the parts first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Glad to know that you are OK.

In addition to installing center medians and improving discipline we also need to take measures to improve safety features on trucks like underride bumper (which would have prevented your Matiz from going under the truck)

Underride Network Truck Safety Home Page
You are right.This would have saved my car going under the lorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
Buddy Thank God you all are safe.
Matiz is a very nice and safe car. We also have it and my dad drives it.
So i will suggest you that please see if it can be repaired as it's a master piece and you will always love it.
Rest is on to you dear.
All the best for the way ahead.
God bless you.
Thanks buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
- seems you're extremely frustrated with the law and order in this country and especially the practice and enforcement of traffic rules. I can realize your pain in regards to the unfortunate incidents to your parents. When I visited India after some 4 years I was scared (literally) to drive on the roads as people overtake you in any which way they feel like. When I entered NH47 near Marthandam (from Attoor road towards Trivandrum), the traffic policeman signaled me to enter the highway and to my shock he asked the other vehicles that are already on the highway to move in their respective directions. Do we need policemen to tell people to continue to do what they have been already doing? If this is the traffic sense of a traffic policeman what would be that of a layman who either doesn't have a license to drive or have gotten one by bribing the officers?
It is ok.He has gone through a lot, so he is telling the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
For the love of your child do not forgive that original driver and owner. If you let him go Scot free I am sure he will not stop at his antics. In India treat errant drivers with the hard stick of the law. It may take years but you will be doing the populace a service by taking the case to its logical end.
I am trying to get him to the facts now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Do the luxury cars have collapsible steerings? If yes, what happens if the steering collapses and then the airbag comes out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
If i am right airbags get deployed in microseconds of an accident i.e at the radiator , bumper , A pillar , Side Doors impact whereas the steering column will collapse at a later stage compared to deployment of airbags.

Regards
You are right.But in my case it hit my chest and then broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-positive View Post
Shishir, I am glad that you and your family are safe. Get well soon.
Thanks buddy

Last edited by shishir_bn : 20th January 2010 at 11:54.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 11:59   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Shishir. Not sure how I missed this thread. Was shocked to see what happened coz of a reckless truck driver. Your are indeed lucky. Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.
There are so many new threads created that you actually have to search 5/6 page if we don't refresh in 10 mins.Thanks for the wishes dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shishir, that was indeed an unfortunate accident, and thanks heavens you and your family are safe.!

I would go with the opinion that its better letting go of the car since it has served its purpose, and lack of original spares means it cant get as reliable and safe as it was these years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
ya if it can be repaired then repair it, otherwise let it go as it will not be that safe with duplicate parts.
+100 to what you told.Many times if they don't get the parts they manufacture it using foundary method.But how reliable is the next question.Moreover the whole chasis had a bend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Shishir you are one lucky family. Thank God you and your family is safe. Sorry about the Matiz. I know how it feels after I lost one of my friends recently through an accident for no fault of his. I hope the truck owner pays dearly for this.
Thanks buddy
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 22:50   #159
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Mpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10,428
Thanked: 1,676 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post

You are right.This would have saved my car going under the lorry.

Thanks buddy.
Its critically important that the bumper heights of all vehicles are approximately the same so that they engage themselves in an head on crash.

Only people like you who have suffered can appreciate the value of this simple technology. Most quickly jump to the conclusion that "its not needed and it wont really work"
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 11:43   #160
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its critically important that the bumper heights of all vehicles are approximately the same so that they engage themselves in an head on crash.

Only people like you who have suffered can appreciate the value of this simple technology. Most quickly jump to the conclusion that "its not needed and it wont really work"
Frankly speaking with the ground clearance of 160mm/180mm in the front with the bumper is enough for all the vehicles to engage with a head-on hit saving the lives of the occupant
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:46   #161
BHPian
 
advaitlele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pune, Vadodara
Posts: 493
Thanked: 248 Times
Default

Shishir – That’s the worst thing to happen for a family on outing. For the moment after seeing photos it was hard for me to react, didnt know whether to close the window, whether to immediately start typing response or close my eyes. Thank your family members for their wishes and prayers that you came out if with very minor injuries.

Immediate feelings that ran down were (not in this order)
1. Very happy to see you and family get out of it with minor injuries looking at the magnitude of impact.
2. Very sad to see the state the 10 year old angel is in
3. Very frustrated with the way court actions and long procedures and hurdles people – the taxpaying citizens – like you would be put through. All the best for that.
4. Very angry with the drivers of those vehicles who think the road is meant only for them and put others’ life at risk
5. And speechless to see that “before” and “after” photos of you with your son. That one shows the realities of life without mincing any words (or rather without using any words).

Wish you and your loved ones a great year 2010 ahead and hope the moron in the truck is booked and punished severely.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:58   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,310
Thanked: 1,054 Times
Default

Shishir,looking at the first few pics, the car was beautiful.

But thank god for saving you.
This is a very bad accident and seems that the lorry really ran over the small beautiful vehicle.

Very sad indeed that the happy trip just turned into a nightmare.

Wish you speedy recovery.
arnabchak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 13:19   #163
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,191
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Shishir – That’s the worst thing to happen for a family on outing. For the moment after seeing photos it was hard for me to react, didnt know whether to close the window, whether to immediately start typing response or close my eyes. Thank your family members for their wishes and prayers that you came out if with very minor injuries.

Immediate feelings that ran down were (not in this order)
1. Very happy to see you and family get out of it with minor injuries looking at the magnitude of impact.
2. Very sad to see the state the 10 year old angel is in
3. Very frustrated with the way court actions and long procedures and hurdles people – the taxpaying citizens – like you would be put through. All the best for that.
4. Very angry with the drivers of those vehicles who think the road is meant only for them and put others’ life at risk
5. And speechless to see that “before” and “after” photos of you with your son. That one shows the realities of life without mincing any words (or rather without using any words).

Wish you and your loved ones a great year 2010 ahead and hope the moron in the truck is booked and punished severely.
Thanks for the wonderful summized reply and wishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Shishir,looking at the first few pics, the car was beautiful.

But thank god for saving you.
This is a very bad accident and seems that the lorry really ran over the small beautiful vehicle.

Very sad indeed that the happy trip just turned into a nightmare.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Thanks for the wishes.The lorry's bumper had hit above the windscreen.1/2 feet away from my head
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:52   #164
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,343
Thanked: 2,072 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
The lorry's bumper had hit above the windscreen.1/2 feet away from my head

Shishir thats one very very scary incident - definitely relieved to see all are okay. Definitely that one last minute steering twitch to the pavement saved the whole family.

Again, what a scary incident and these things just happen in a flash, one moment so good and the next frame is that you have truck mowing you down. Horrific!
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:28   #165
BHPian
 
optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 82 Times
Default

Dear Shishir,

I have lost two good friends in different accidents and seen the after effects on their shattered families. I'm shocked to be reading through the thread but happy at the same time for you and your family.

I say that you and your family are really really very lucky to have escaped with what are minor injuries and scratches.

Meaning of togetherness for your family will have scaled new heights. May god give your family the strength to overcome the trauma and move on in life.

My respect for the Matiz just increased a whole lot more.

I sincerely hope that you get the due justice fast and properly.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunrise to Sunset in the Lap of Himalayas - Old Silk Route PointZero Travelogues 29 4th July 2016 13:02
Woooooooowwwww!! We just crossed 10000 members...EDIT : 30,000 members!!! Samurai Shifting gears 104 9th July 2012 15:01
How about w-matiz or e-matiz Gtea Modifications & Accessories 38 3rd February 2006 02:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks