Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 4th September 2005, 15:20   #1
BHPian

Talking Cop follows me - stops me - frustrates himself !!!

i was heading for a friends place today morning when a cop stopped me for tinted glasses on the car.
this cop was not standing at a signal or somethin but riding along on the road. he told me to pull over and asked me to pay 400 bucks and collect the receipt from main traffic controller office - i simply refused - he got angry and asked me to step out - i refused to do that and he further fumed up.
after 10 mins of bargaining, i handed him 20 rs -- yes - 20 bucks -( told him i have no money) -he then gave back my licence and went his way.

We should do something for these poor cops i guess
hkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 15:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Next time, ask him for his name and badge number. Tell him you want a receipt immediately. Watch him run!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 20:11   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Next time, ask him for his name and badge number. Tell him you want a receipt immediately. Watch him run!
Did you know that only a sub inspector has the right to ask you for your license? Correct me if Im wrong ppl.
A lil off topic... Viper.. Cool Runnings... real cool quote
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2005, 23:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

You're right. On the sub-inspector thing, that is.

Lovely movie naa? Gives you hope...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 04:25   #5
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
You're right. On the sub-inspector thing, that is.
Hey thats good knowledge addition. Is there more to it that is good to know and can act as a defence against wastage of time money and tempers!!
nishant_kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 04:43   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well there are rules prohibiting the use of certain tints,so if caught we cant argue..only thing we can say is tell us the specs of the banned tints and if urs dont come under the banned category then argue..thats it or yet simple and safe,slip a note into his pocket and just scoot away from there..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 04:53   #7
BANNED

the cops in mumbai damn irritating man..if you argue once ...you gotta pay them 100...what i always do is remove a 50 rupee note...laugh and give it to him..hell also smile and be lil friendly...
this is 1 cool thing happened with me....was driving slowly on western express highway...while talking on the phone...this cop saw me and whistled from far..understood i was on the phone...i went parked on the left while i was on the phone..i rolled the windows down while talking..removed a 100 bucks note...gave it to the cop...and then just left...hahahahah...i actually started laughing after i kept the phone..because i remember i did not even look at his face...just gave him the note and left from there..

1 thing we should always remember....that we should never get scared of these cops..i started driving last year..and whenever these guys used to catch me for seatbelt or talking on the phone...i used to get scared...give them around 130-180-200 bucks everytime..and they used to take advantage of that...if they see you getting scared they'll be like 600 bucks fine for this ...u have to come to the station and crap...and when you talk to them properly with confidence..theyll take 50 and leave...sometimes you should even shout at them...
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 06:22   #8
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
...what i always do is remove a 50 rupee note...laugh and give it to him..hell also smile and be lil friendly...
......was driving slowly on western express highway...while talking on the phone.........i went parked on the left while i was on the phone..i rolled the windows down while talking..removed a 100 bucks note...gave it to the cop...and then just left...hahahahah....
Good job man, yoy are simply Great. keep it up all , bribe and laugh and also keep promoting corruption as you did just now , so openly and balantly , TeamBhp must be proud of you.

Last edited by SMG : 5th September 2005 at 06:24.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 09:57   #9
BHPian

After reading tips for bribing... Made me sick on Monday morning. Grow up !! Talking about "phoreeen" stuff in all aspect (related to auto) but still wants to pratice......this kind of "i will stick to my own way" is bad !!

my 2 paise
pingmepal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 10:53   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey dudeonfire if u keep bribing these mamus like this then very shortly like ur name suggests ul be (i mean ur pantswill be) on fire!!!
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 12:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the cops in mumbai damn irritating man..if you argue once ...you gotta pay them 100...what i always do is remove a 50 rupee note...laugh and give it to him..hell also smile and be lil friendly..........theyll take 50 and leave...sometimes you should even shout at them...
Nothing to proud of over here dude. :( I agree that the cops are dumb and a pain in the arse. But talking on your cell while driving and not wearing your seatbelt are not things people on T-BHP are going to applaud you for. Take care man!
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2005, 13:03   #12
BANNED

i wear seatbelt everytime and i am not being proud of what i did....im just saying that if u pay them on the spot...theyll leave you...if not then theyll irritate you...
Old 5th September 2005, 13:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Got that dude. But you did say 'whenever'

Quote:
1 thing we should always remember....that we should never get scared of these cops..i started driving last year..and whenever these guys used to catch me for seatbelt or talking on the phone...i used to get scared

which kind of made me think it is a normal occurence with you.
Old 5th September 2005, 13:20   #14
BANNED

nah dude its nothing like that...just that whenever they catch...not that i get caught everyday...averagely once a month...now its upto me if i should give him a 50 without arguing...or give him a 100 after arguing...
and smg dude..your talking about me promiting corruption so tell me what do you do when a cop catches you...ask for the ticket or what...???
Old 5th September 2005, 13:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nah dude its nothing like that...just that whenever they catch...not that i get caught everyday...averagely once a month...now its upto me if i should give him a 50 without arguing...or give him a 100 after arguing...
and smg dude..your talking about me promiting corruption so tell me what do you do when a cop catches you...ask for the ticket or what...???
Once a month is bad man.

Though the question is not for me, yeah, I ask for a ticket. And contrary to general opinion, most of the cops have been pretty nice about it. If you are ready to pay the penalty you automatically get a lot of respect. Plus shelling out the money makes you more careful.

So far have been caught thrice:

1) Not wearing a seatbelt - 100 Rs - was new to Mumbai and had forgotten to wear it just because I was in a hurry.
2) U turn on highway : dangerous driving - 500 Rs - was not aware of the classification of the road
3) Lane cutting - 100 Rs - again was not aware of the rule on the road I was driving.

On all occassions the cops were pretty nice the moment I said I will pay and that it was my fault. Oh yes, they also gave the receipt. Have not repeated either of the above mistakes again.