Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:05   #766
JD1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
BETL Is still a wiser option at 10am on a Saturday. Down below you have 4 signals to cross which will take more time (specially the Bommanahalli & Hosa road signals) as compared to whatever wait at the toll booth.
Thank You. I realize I should have mentioned that since I stay in HSR, if I have to take BETL I have to come via Silk board but if I take the regular road then I can join Hosur Road via Kudlu Main road. That way atleast I can avoid the Bommanahalli traffic light. Can't avoid the Hosa light though.
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:24   #767
BHPian
 
sbala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 398
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Can't BBMP and NH think of a underpass in Bommanahalli and Hosa Road junctions. I was a victim of Friday jam. It took me 3 hours to Hosa Road from NICE road junction..

They should build ramps at various intersections to get into BETL
sbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:33   #768
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

I was checking the NHAI web site (http://www.nhtis.org/tolllist.htm#) and it says that toll for single journey for the elevated section is Rs. 25 for car/jeep/van and the toll at Attibele (BETL) is again Rs. 25.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Why does the elevated section toll booth charge Rs. 45 for single journey?

I travelled on this route last week and while coming as well as going I had to pay Rs. 45 as well as Rs. 25.

Is there something I am missing?


Warm regards,

Ravi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NHAI Toll.pdf (480.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by rogercharlie : 31st August 2015 at 12:44. Reason: Adding an image
rogercharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:59   #769
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,090
Thanked: 9,822 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
I was checking the NHAI web site (http://www.nhtis.org/tolllist.htm#) and it says that toll for single journey for the elevated section is Rs. 25 for car/jeep/van and the toll at Attibele (BETL) is again Rs. 25.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Why does the elevated section toll booth charge Rs. 45 for single journey?

I travelled on this route last week and while coming as well as going I had to pay Rs. 45 as well as Rs. 25.

Is there something I am missing?


Warm regards,

Ravi
Hi Ravi, more than often I have noticed discrepancies in the rates mentioned on NHAI Site. This seems to be one of the cases too!!

But the toll for one way for LMVs is 45 and 65 for Day pass.

Whenever there has been an escalation with the rates, a newspaper notification has always appeared in ToI and Deccan Herald. This holds true for BETL too.

So ignore what NHAI site is mentioning.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2015, 22:15   #770
BHPian
 
Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 276
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
not sure mate. the very fact that the sticker says BETL and NHAI leads me to believe this is not part of the FASTag system. i could be wrong too.
According to one of my friends who has a BETL RFID tag , the tag works in National Highways FASTTAG lanes as well. He had used in during his recent trip.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 09:59   #771
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,090
Thanked: 9,822 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to one of my friends who has a BETL RFID tag , the tag works in National Highways FASTTAG lanes as well. He had used in during his recent trip.

-- Wind
The FastTag is a nationwide initiative. Hence you will see Orange colored signage with the FastTag logo on all NHAI toll booths which are part of this project.

I see no reason why BETL's RFID should not work on other NHAI toll with FastTag. However, what needs to be smart here is the way the whole thing is programmed so that the right amount is deducted at the right toll - Daily Pass Valid till 0000 Hours or 24 Hours based on what toll you are passing. I hope this system will get centralized or already is.
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:38   #772
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Hi Folks,

Any one here has opted for the fast tag, or cash card kind of thing?

I am interested in a pay as you use kind of thing, to me it makes sense to use the BETL while coming to work into e-city, and take the hosur road while going back.

What is the cheapest and best option that I can opt for?

I frequently hit the highway, so if there is a compatible card/system then please let me know.

Very confused with the BETL website.

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:11   #773
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi Folks,

Any one here has opted for the fast tag, or cash card kind of thing?

I am interested in a pay as you use kind of thing, to me it makes sense to use the BETL while coming to work into e-city, and take the hosur road while going back.

What is the cheapest and best option that I can opt for?

I frequently hit the highway, so if there is a compatible card/system then please let me know.

Very confused with the BETL website.

Regards
Shailesh
Many of us are using fast tag for BETL. This is a pre-paid system which allows cashless entry in the toll gate. There are dedicated lanes for fast tag users.

You need to pay Rs 150 to get the tag installed. You then recharge as per you usage.

There are 2 usage options - 1. pay as you use and 2. monthly pass. Option 1 is better if your usage is only 5 days a week. Monthly pass may suit you if you need use the toll road everyday.

It is better to use the toll road both ways because 1-way toll is Rs 45 and 2-way toll is Rs 65.

Hope that clears your confusion.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:48   #774
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,208 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Many of us are using fast tag for BETL.n
Can you please let know the Fastag purchase process. Also, were you able to use the same in any other NH toll booths till now?
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2015, 23:28   #775
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,090
Thanked: 9,822 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know the Fastag purchase process. Also, were you able to use the same in any other NH toll booths till now?
You can pick this at BETL office near the BPCL Fuel station below the U Ramp of BETL that connects Phase 1 and Phase 2. (Opposte to Moog Control Systems)

I had RFID in WagonR but never picked one for Ertiga thinking I might move elsewhere but now even the new organisation I joined is in EC ☺. So will have to get the RFID/Fasttag soon.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2015, 10:48   #776
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Can you please let know the Fastag purchase process. Also, were you able to use the same in any other NH toll booths till now?
You need to visit the BETL office in electronic city. Make sure you take the vehicle with you. BETL staff will fix the tag on the vehicle, they will not hand over the tag to you in case you have not brought the vehicle.

There is small application form to be filled. Do carry a photo copy of your vehicle's RC book and your Id proof. They may or may not demand the same, depending on their mood.

I have not used this tag anywhere else till now.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 25th October 2015 at 10:50.
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 15:41   #777
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,208 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So will have to get the RFID/Fasttag soon.
So I will wait for you to fix the same and get the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have not used this tag anywhere else till now.
The reason I was thinking of getting the tag was for ease at other NH toll booths. I don't use BETL regularly, however thought of getting a RFID tag if it works on other NH tolls. Though I don't expect any significant time savings due to the way RFID lanes are implemented and managed, this will help in getting the change issue sorted.

Process of getting Fastag via ICICI bank is bit confusing and I guess it is easier to get via BETL, only concern is with the recharging part. As per their site, recharge is via cheque drop, I hope there is an option to get it done online too.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 17:23   #778
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,548
Thanked: 2,633 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The reason I was thinking of getting the tag was for ease at other NH toll booths. I don't use BETL regularly, however thought of getting a RFID tag if it works on other NH tolls. Though I don't expect any significant time savings due to the way RFID lanes are implemented and managed, this will help in getting the change issue sorted.

Process of getting Fastag via ICICI bank is bit confusing and I guess it is easier to get via BETL
+1, I'm following the thread for the same reason too. I just to get a fasttag RFID done for my car and leave it. Getting it done through ICICI is very confusing.
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 17:44   #779
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,394
Thanked: 19,163 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

So BETL has removed the bonus they used to give when you recharge in large denominations. For 6,000 the 10% bonus was almost 2 weeks free. Now irrespective of the recharge amount there is no discount.

Considering January is when they revise prices the BETL is going to be a pricey road to use.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 17:57   #780
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,208 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So BETL has removed the bonus they used to give when you recharge in large denominations. For 6,000 the 10% bonus was almost 2 weeks free.
Could be since they have migrated to Fastag network. Earlier non - RFID pass was BETL managed. Hence they could have passed on part of the savings on using the same to end user.

From my understanding, FASTAG works by the banks deducting the amount of corresponding toll from the user account crediting the same to toll operators account. It may not be easy in giving a toll operator depended discount in that case.

That said, ideally NHAI should have given a discount for those using FASTAG, this would have given frequent users to migrate to the same. As of now, apart from the advantage of not carrying cash, there is no reason for migrating to RFID.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
China's elevated bus - Solution for traffic congestion! FrozeninTime Commercial Vehicles 19 7th July 2017 09:29
Bangalore Elevated Tollway: Dangerous lane merging Strips sagarpadaki Street Experiences 0 19th December 2013 20:01
Elevated Walkways-Lucky Mumbai stampro Shifting gears 17 2nd December 2008 19:19
Bangalore-Nagpur-Bangalore tsk1979 Travelogues 16 1st August 2007 14:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks