Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 20th March 2016, 13:09   #796
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Bengaluru’s elevated corridors in three years?
Bengaluru: The elevated corridors promised by the state budget for the city are expected to become a reality in 36 months. The Karnataka Road Development Corporation Ltd. (KRDCL) could start on the project by the January next year, according to the government’s Technical Advisory Committee member, R.K Misra.

“The project will be executed on the lines of the national highways. The corridors will all be toll roads. The KRDCL will invite express of interest (EOI) by April end and pre-qualify the bidders. By July, tenders will be awarded and work on the corridors will begin by January 2017. It’s a 36-month project,” he said, assuring that it would be carried as scheduled.

“The project has not been entrusted to the BDA or the BBMP. We have seen how they have worked in the past.Although a private contractor will carry out the work, the government will have to be pro-active and monitor things. The state government has been responsive so far and it is committed to executing this project,” he said.

Going by a feasibility study, the 75-km North-South and East-West corridors will cost a whopping 18,400 crore to build. The state government plans to opt for the Build-Own-Operate and Transfer (BOOT) mode to execute the project under a public-private-partnership (PPP) basis.
Src:http://deccanchronicle.com/nation/cu...ree-years.html
virgopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 13:44   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Bengaluru: The elevated corridors promised by the state budget for the city are expected to become a reality in 36 months. The Karnataka Road Development Corporation Ltd. (KRDCL) could start on the project by the January next year, according to the government’s Technical Advisory Committee member, R.K Misra.
But where is the space for this? Further land acquisitions will take years and a lot of people will drag it to court like how they did for the metro. And there will be this random Babu who will change the alignment and ensure that his property is not affected/his promoted properties will get a dedicated exit.

Instead of spending the 18000 crore on this project, I feel they should entrust traffic enforcement to a private authority and also improve the current roads first. An orderly traffic, good enforcement of rules like one way, lane cutting and stuff will do wonders for city traffic.

Also, as in the case of BETL, there should be efficient way of managing the toll. First of all there will be no holding space for a huge queue of vehicles since it is inside the city unlike BETL, and also if everyone wants to jump to RFID lane seeing there is no queue there, without having the tag, it will defeat the whole purpose. Thats where orderliness of traffic is a requisite.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 13:32   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
I feel this is all just meaningless talk. There is absolutely no vision of the future or an earnest wish to see the city improving. Considering the number of vehicles on the road, any major scheme now should focus on bettering the public transport and reduce the private vehicles on the roads. Without that building more and more roads (on ground, over the ground, under the ground) etc. are all knee-jerk reactions.

What is going to happen is that vested interests in the state would come up with an alignment where property owned by them exists. This property would be sold to the government at exorbitant rates. Finally this huge money would go to the pockets of the high & mighty out here.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:06   #799
BHPian

Folks,

Just in case if you are not aware. B.E.T.L. has started online recharge
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-20160422_113201.jpg  

SaNdY_AR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:00   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Folks,

Just in case if you are not aware. B.E.T.L. has started online recharge

While it's gonna be convenient and easier to recharge now, that 2% bank charge and ₹15 convenience charge is extortion!
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:11   #801
Senior - BHPian

A very sensible article about this new grand plan to build elevated roads all over the city.
Stop building elevated corridors in the city! - by Sathya Sankaran.
I liked his anology of a man getting fatter and fatter and as a remedy increasing the size of his pants (where the focus ideally should be to lose weight) .
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:12   #802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
While it's gonna be convenient and easier to recharge now, that 2% bank charge and ₹15 convenience charge is extortion!
And they've even done away with that 5% bonus on large denominations.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 09:03   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Monthly toll on E-City highway cut (But Rates For Daily Trips Not Reduced)

Quote:
In what is sure to bring joy to the thousands of commuters who use the elevated highway connecting Silk Board Junction to Electronics City, the toll fares will see a marginal reduction this year, bucking the trend of an annual 6 to 7% increase since the highway's inauguration in 2010.

The highway , managed by Bangalore Electronic Tollway Private Limited (BETPL), is used by nearly 65,000 vehicles on a daily basis, and allows motorists to cover the 9.9km stretch in approximately 10 minutes. Although rates for the monthly toll pass have been reduced, the fares remain unchanged for single and multiple journeys undertaken in a single day .

The toll fares for the single journey are as follows: Rs 15 for two-wheelers, Rs 45 for cars, Rs 60 for mini bus, Rs 120 for bus and trucks and Rs 240 for heavy construction machinery (HCM). The revised monthly pass rates are: Rs 515 (from Rs 520) for two wheelers, Rs 1,290 ( from Rs 1295) for cars, Rs 1,805 (Rs 1815) for mini bus, Rs 3,610 (from Rs 3625) for bus and trucks and Rs 7,220 (from Rs 7255) for HCM.

While BETPL has not offered any explanation for not introducing a hike this year, sources attribute it to a directive issued by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI). “It was a policy decision,“ said a NHAI official, refusing to elaborate.

The toll being levied for the Electronics City-Attibele stretch will also not undergo any revision, sources said.
Name:  01_07_2016_002_042_008.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  87.1 KB

Source: Time of India

Is monthly pass worth for office goers?
  • 22 Working Days in a month
  • Cost of the day pass : 65/-
  • Monthly toll expense: 65 X 22 = 1430/-
  • Monthly saving (22 Days) - Day pass vs Monthly pass = 1430 - 1290 = 140/-
  • Monthly saving (30 Days) - Day pass vs Monthly pass = 1950 - 1290 = 660/-
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2016, 20:58   #804
BHPian

Hi,

Have long maintained that the Elevated flyover to ecity is very unsafe for 2 wheelers, it gets even worse when the riders are plain stupid, as in the case of these 2 people, see it to believe it.

Regards
Shailesh
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:41   #805
BHPian

Is there any way to adjust the unused balance amount on your account in the next recharge ?
I had a Balance based pass, and did not use up all the credit amount before the expiry date. So looks like the unused amount is lost.

I wonder why do they have to enforce an end date when you recharge a Balance based account, especially since they have a min recharge amount of Rs 1,000/-.
Fillmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:55   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Is there any way to adjust the unused balance amount on your account in the next recharge ?
I had a Balance based pass, and did not use up all the credit amount before the expiry date. So looks like the unused amount is lost.

I wonder why do they have to enforce an end date when you recharge a Balance based account, especially since they have a min recharge amount of Rs 1,000/-.
What is this expiry date that you are referring to ?

IIRC, the validity of recharge is several years.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:01   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
Exactly, you can use that Balance Based RFID pass as long as you have balance in that. It will even adjust to the new toll charges during revision periods as well.

Quote:
Balance Based Pass
For users who use the toll road intermittently and not every day of the month, a ‘use as you please’ Electronic Pass is additionally provided. Salient features are:
  • Use both as a Single Ticket or Daily Pass
  • In the first passage, Single Ticket value is charged
  • For Second passage in the same calendar Day , the difference between the
  • Single Ticket and Daily Pass value is charged
  • No charge for subsequent passages during the SAME Calendar day
  • Validity so long as there is credit balance in the user account
  • Revised user fee on 01 July will be automatically charged; no need to re validate the pass
  • User Fare Display will show the balance to the credit BEFORE the current transaction; so you need only recharge if the balance is low
  • Recharge Rs 500/1,000/1,500/2,000/2,500/3,000/6,000. Drop a cheque or DD payable to Bangalore Elevated Tollway Private Limited with your Vehicle
  • Registration No and Contact No in the drop box at plaza. Account will be recharged after cheque is credited to BETPL Account
  • Recharge by cash payment at the between POS 8 AM and 7 PM
  • Courier your recharge cheque or DD to Bangalore Elevated Tollway Private Limited, Opp Moog Controls, KIADB Road, Electronic City Phase 1 Bangalore 560 100
  • For multiple passes pay by single crossed cheque
  • Get account statement at nominal stationary charge of Rs 10 at the POS per account statement
  • No refund of unused balance
  • Pass NOT TRANSFERABLE
  • Monthly Pass holders can migrate at the time of its recharge at POS
No expiry on validity is one reason I settled for this as I never drive to work every working day.

Refer more here
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 10:16   #808
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Exactly, you can use that Balance Based RFID pass as long as you have balance in that....[/url]
This is not what I encountered.
Originally I charged for 2k assuming I would use it frequently. But due to personal reasons I ended up using the NICE road often. (I do not drive to EC on a daily basis).
The last trip I made in Nov Flashed a balance of 960/-. After that when I travelled last week. It showed Zero balance and I had to pay cash.

The guy at the toll said it would have expired, I came back and pulled up the receipt of my prev payment and I see that there is an expiry date.

Is there any way I can pull up a statement from their site ?
Could not find any such utility.

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-toll2.jpg

Last edited by Fillmore : 24th January 2017 at 10:20. Reason: Asked one more question
Old 24th January 2017, 11:15   #809
BHPian

Quote:
This is not what I encountered.
Originally I charged for 2k assuming I would use it frequently. But due to personal reasons I ended up using the NICE road often. (I do not drive to EC on a daily basis).
The last trip I made in Nov Flashed a balance of 960/-. After that when I travelled last week. It showed Zero balance and I had to pay cash.

The guy at the toll said it would have expired, I came back and pulled up the receipt of my prev payment and I see that there is an expiry date.

Is there any way I can pull up a statement from their site ?
Could not find any such utility.

Attachment 1598395
There seems to be some mistake.

Please call up or send email to the contact numbers / email mentioned on BETL website and ask them to correct the same.

By the way, do you have the old OBU or the new RFID tag ?

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 12:18   #810
BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be some mistake.

Please call up or send email to the contact numbers / email mentioned on BETL website and ask them to correct the same.

By the way, do you have the old OBU or the new RFID tag ?

Rohan
Will do that thanks.
I have the new RFID - barcode sticker on the windshield.