Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 4th July 2017, 13:34   #826
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I had both & had a lot of issues :
- did not recognise either (contention?)
- charged both

So, transferred the amount to the other car & destroyed the BETL tag.

BTW, BETL does not return money. So, do not overcharge.

Is BETL Tag the one you are talking about here - the Paytm one? If yes, though it works fairly well, it would only accept multiples of 1000 as recharge!
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 19:54   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Is BETL Tag the one you are talking about here - the Paytm one? If yes, though it works fairly well, it would only accept multiples of 1000 as recharge!
I got the BETL tag when it was introduced. No paytm was involved! To think about it, even for Fastag I was one of the first Guinea pigs. Probably things have improved now.

What I meant about recharge is "don't recharge by too much" not really denominations. I had charged by 2-3000 INR thinking I will be going to Ecity daily but place of work shifted. The 3k was still there and it was a pain to use it up. In fact, I think I sold the car with some 600 on the tag
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 09:44   #828
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Toll rates revised on Electronics City Expressway

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/59447604.cms
The Bangalore Tollway Private Limited (BETL), which operates the toll plazas at Electronics City and Attibele, hiked the toll fee for all categories of vehicles with effect from July 1. While the toll fee for two-wheelers shot up from Rs 15 to Rs 20 for a single trip (the hike accounting to 33.3%) at the Electronics City plaza, the return trip for a car increased from Rs 65 to Rs 70.
The cost of monthly pass for two-wheelers has increased from Rs 515 to Rs 545 and for cars from Rs 1,290 to Rs 1,365. The toll at Attibele has also been revised (see table).

The hike resulted in lengthy queues at toll booths, with confused motorists questioning the hike or getting into arguments with toll booth staff. Said Deepak Kulkarni, a TOI reader: "One of the toll booth staffers rudely told me that the hike has been effected because of Goods and Services Tax (GST)."
However, when contacted, BETL authorities refused to divulge details. Reacting to the GST justification at the toll plaza, a state government official said: "This is misleading. Though toll comes under GST, it is currently zero tax. They should specify the reason for the toll hike instead of attributing it to GST."
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2017, 09:53   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

One way for cars still remain the same at 45/-.

It's only return/day pass fare that has changed for cars to 70 from earlier 65.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 08:57   #830
BHPian

A regional news channel reports an issue on the tollway, sharing the video clip here.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 09:21   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
A regional news channel reports an issue on the tollway, sharing the video clip here.
Just before the Lay Bye when driving towards Ecity, the joint is easily felt with a dip unlike all the other joints.

I am somehow sure that the video is referring to the same here.

But this has been that way since last 2-3 years now!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 10:08   #832
BHPian

Yes Parag, I also think he is referring to the same point. The gap has widened over a period of time since the clamp plates are susceptible to thermal expansion. This should be addressed immediately as it will affect the load bearing capacity of connected members.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 16:55   #833
BHPian

Does anyone know what caused the shutdown of the elevated tollway this morning? Was forced to take Hosur Highway
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 16:59   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Does anyone know what caused the shutdown of the elevated tollway this morning? Was forced to take Hosur Highway
I could not fully understand from the FB post (shared the link) but what I think was that there was some repair work going on the flyover (either due to accident or something else).

https://www.facebook.com/blrjam/posts/1786182224732828
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 17:28   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I could not fully understand from the FB post (shared the link) but what I think was that there was some repair work going on the flyover (either due to accident or something else).

https://www.facebook.com/blrjam/posts/1786182224732828
They are starting repair work on expansion joints. Hence the expressway will be closed for medium and heavy vehicles. No buses, trucks, tempos. Only car and bikes allowed.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 23:57   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

The only logic I known is that when there are 2 tags, it's BETPL that gets precedence.
This is not true. I tried this today and my FasTag got charged even though I have a valid BETPL pass. Let me see if I can get a chargeback!
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 07:20   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
This is not true. I tried this today and my FasTag got charged even though I have a valid BETPL pass. Let me see if I can get a chargeback!
Time to try this now:

Exhaust all the balance in BETPL Tag and then try to pass the Gate. To me, despite of having balance in ICICI FASTag, barrier didn't open and a message (Recharge Tag) appeared.

Things worked only after I completely got rid of BETPL Tag. I am referring to Phase II Gate of EC.

Incidentally, I was always under the impression that the 2 toll booths managed by L&T on Bangalore-Hassan Highway (Hirisave & Shantigrama) always tried to fool around by saying that the presence of another Tag (BETPL) along with FASTag is hindering the scanning and they have made me do all the circus of reversing and passing slowly few times.

When I drove few times after removing the BETPL tag, it worked perfectly fine!
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 17:51   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Time to try this now:

Exhaust all the balance in BETPL Tag and then try to pass the Gate. To me, despite of having balance in ICICI FASTag, barrier didn't open and a message (Recharge Tag) appeared.
Yes, waiting for my pass to expire to try this. For now, removed the FasTag from the car.
Quote:
I am referring to Phase II Gate of EC.
I was using at Phase I Gate of EC. Do you think that makes a difference?!
MeetSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 18:03   #839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I was using at Phase I Gate of EC. Do you think that makes a difference?!
I was always passing by Phase 1 and not even once there was any deduction from FASTag and it always happened on BETPL Tag.

After few weeks, my office shifted to Phase 2 and it was again Business as usual but one day I it failed as BETPL has no balance.

I am not sure if Phase 1, 2 or Huskur Gate will male any difference.

Thing here is the fallback mechanism and how that is happening at the toll when you have 2 Tags. It is totally wrong for the system to deduct from both tags.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th July 2017 at 18:05.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 18:16   #840
BHPian

Quote:
I was always passing by Phase 1 and not even once there was any deduction from FASTag and it always happened on BETPL Tag.

Thing here is the fallback mechanism and how that is happening at the toll when you have 2 Tags. It is totally wrong for the system to deduct from both tags.
I think the issue here arose as my BETPL tag is a pass and not balance based. So effectively there was only 1 deduction as the BETPL tag was out of the equation.
MeetSC is offline   Reply With Quote