Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th January 2014, 23:13   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Funny Incidents - Can happen only in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Well this happened to me today. Not funny to me because I was at the receiving end.

I had joined a very critical project in my company a couple of months ago. Since then, I am into defect fixing. Apparently, all defects assigned to me over these two months were either not replicable or did not require a fix.

We use a tool called JIRA to update the status against each defect, putting screenshots of our test efforts wherever required.

...PM basing judgment purely on Gantt chart that's only tracking changes in lines of code, etc....

I have no clue how to deal with nutcases like these.
I'd try going all detail-oriented starting from the first ticket with him.
If that still doesn't work i.e. if he doesn't see the amount of work that's represented by your updates in each of the tickets, I'd look for a better PM to work under.
If there are none like that, I'd quit.

Last edited by nareshov : 6th January 2014 at 23:21.
nareshov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2014, 14:49   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Funny Incidents - Can happen only in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Well this happened to me today. Not funny to me because I was at the receiving end.

We use a tool called JIRA to update the status against each defect, putting screenshots of our test efforts wherever required.

Today my PM calls me in. This is how the conversation went:

PM: You have not made any progress since you joined the project.

Me: Huh? I have about three defects pending, and I have been assigned about 30 till date.

PM: This is the list of issues fixed by each resource till date. You haven't fixed any.

Me: That's just not possible. As I said, I am done with about 27 of them.

PM: Show me the code changes. What have you fixed?

Me: There have not been many code change for the defects assigned to me till date, barring a couple of issues which are under review currently. I have tested and attached relevent screenshots on JIRA against each issue I have been working on.

Sorry, but you were either NOT careful or were deliberately trying to hide the fact that those were NOT required to be fixed. Your response made it feel that you had to put efforts towards those issues.

A straight forward answer could have been; "I could NOT replicate most of the errors - so rejected all those, 3 are pending which I am looking into"!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th January 2014 at 14:50.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote