Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th March 2010, 13:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Angry Is/Are there any locations in your city where pollution figures are displayed

As the thread topic goes are there any places in your city/town where the pollution figures are displayed prominently and how often are they updated.
There is one display at Majiwada circle in Thane which used to show the pollution figures but I guess its not being updated for ages and nobody from the Municipal corporation seems to be bothered about that. Mind you the Majiwada circle is the most polluted area in Thane due to heavy vehicular traffic and a couple of old industries. Thats the reason I suppose the pollution figures are not updated. I think these figures should be displayed in bold so that we do out bit to the envoirnment. Apart from this place I havent seen any other display, maybe Thane BHPians can highlight.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 13:54   #2
BHPian

In Delhi, there is one LED display board at Bahahdur Shah Zafar Marg, ITO Intersection, which is updated with live figures of CO, SO2, NO2.

Monitoring stations for Air Pollution in India (state wise) can be found on the website of Central Pollution Control Board:

Welcome to ENVIS, CPCB, Delhi, India
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 14:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

I've seen a real-time display in front of the central railway station here.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 14:10   #4
BHPian

In Lucknow, there's one near the Allahabad Bank Zonal office in Hazaratganj. But I doubt if the figures on it have anything to do with any real data.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 14:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@Irish,

Thanks for the info, For information related to Air pollution monitoring station the link is Maharashtra Pollution Control Board - Air Quality
I could see there are 4 monitoring stations in Thane but I have seen only one display. Although the website shows an updated figures, the display board figures may not be the same. I now have to figure out ways to write to TMC to get the information updated.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 16:54   #6
BHPian

There is one in front of the SPIC office, Guindy in Chennai.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 19:08   #7
BHPian

I remember seeing one at Nal stop signal (Erandwane) in Pune.
Simhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think there is a indicator for pollution levels on the highway stretch between Bandra Kalanagar and Santacruz on the western express highway.Its on the left side of the road towards Santacruz.
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:51   #9
BHPian

There is one more at St. Thomas Mount opp. Officers Training Academy in Chennai. It shows the real-time pollution update, but sometimes just in standy mode.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote