Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 13:03   #61
BHPian
 
ElantraGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 442
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@aargee, I came across this today and i went through every post in this thread. Man losing your sleep because of adjusting mirrors thats something I didnt undergo.

I had the same problem in office parking. I was frustrated when his happened to me again and again. I came across a solution which might sound stupid to others, but it did solve my problem.

While I park my vehicle, I park it close to the vehicle on the right and then I manually move the other vehicle on the left close to my vehicle. By doing this the guy who tends to make use of your mirror has to squeeze himself between the bikes to adjust the mirror. While going home I dont mind moving the other vehicle out of the way. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th April 2010 at 14:07. Reason: Correcting spellings
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:09   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default

Hari - Thanks for the suggestion; yes I'd to do this when our office was in Haddows road due to congested parking, no one even bothered to touch the bike. Here, I'm the joker who comes in first, so I'm left to suffer & this is happening for more than 3 months now; initially I just kept ignoring, but this is like happening everyday which is why I'm unable to tolerate. Yes your tip WILL work, no doubt.

EDIT - Finally our parking lot is being moved to a better place

Last edited by aargee : 1st April 2010 at 13:25.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:15   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
I had the same problem in office parking. I was frustrated whent his happened to me again and again. I came across a solution which might sound stupid to others, but it did solve my problem.

While I park my vehicle, I park it close to the vehicle on the right and then I manually move the other vehicle on the left close to my vehicle. By doing this the guy who tends to make use of your mirror has to squeeze himself beween the bikes to adjust the mirror. Wile going home I dont mind moving the other vehicle out of the way. Hope this helps.
Well - You are moving 2 bikes of others so that you don't need to move the mirror on yours. If everyone does this, then, every bike gets moved 4 times a day !!! 2 times in the morning by the bike owners on each side and by the same people in the evening. We will end up spoiling the stands and mistakenly causing a bigger harm to the bike by the way of scratches that might happen.

Probably, this is going a bit too overboard for ensuring that the mirrors don't get twisted out of there position.

Cheers
bbkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:35   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 860 Times
Default

If I found someone manhandling my bike that way with the stand engaged, I would blow my top!
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:42   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
If I found someone manhandling my bike that way with the stand engaged, I would blow my top!
Hahaha...now that's something that I can live with ; it used to happen in my old office premises everyday due to parking congestion. So sir, the point is what I see as a mountain is someone's molehill & someone's molehill is my mountain. This is not to offend you or justify my point, but to convey that I DID lose my sleep.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 13:58   #66
BHPian
 
rohan_iitr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 992
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
EDIT - Finally our parking lot is being moved to a better place
Why is the new parking place better than the previous one ?

How is this going to solve your problem ?

Even in the new parking place, your LHS mirror could still be misaligned by someone checking their hairdo.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 14:37   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Why is the new parking place better than the previous one ?

How is this going to solve your problem ?

Even in the new parking place, your LHS mirror could still be misaligned by someone checking their hairdo.

Rohan
Will post the answers next week, its almost getting materialized & should have the answers by Monday or COB.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 10:06   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default

Update (hopefully final)
Again the moron fiddled with the mirror last Thursday, but couldn't catch hold of him. Anyway, company declared it as non official parking space now, though securities still keep telling us that it allotted for us. I've now started to park in the upper basement & our office admin has agreed to find the culprit if there're any more instance happening even at the upper basement. This is much better; not to mention, had a good sound sleep during the last, long weekend . Appreciate all your time guys to answer & provide me your valuable solution. Thanks.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15   #69
BHPian
 
ElantraGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 442
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Update (hopefully final)
Again the moron fiddled with the mirror last Thursday, but couldn't catch hold of him. Anyway, company declared it as non official parking space now, though securities still keep telling us that it allotted for us. I've now started to park in the upper basement & our office admin has agreed to find the culprit if there're any more instance happening even at the upper basement. This is much better; not to mention, had a good sound sleep during the last, long weekend . Appreciate all your time guys to answer & provide me your valuable solution. Thanks.

Hopefully your problem will end with this parking movement. Do post your experience today evening after the new movement. I am keeping my fingures crossed. I am sure you will have better sleep tonight.
ElantraGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 01:17   #70
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Hopefully your problem will end with this parking movement. Do post your experience today evening after the new movement. I am keeping my fingures crossed. I am sure you will have better sleep tonight.

lol, I keep coming to this thread to check if even 'Today' someone changed Aargee's LHS mirror alignment.

@aargee - What would you do if even the person (who is changing the alignment) is reading your posts online

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 6th April 2010 at 01:19.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 05:00   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,956 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Do post your experience today evening after the new movement.
Ofcourse Hari, the bike remains untouched


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
@aargee - What would you do if even the person (who is changing the alignment) is reading your posts online
I'll only be happy. The reason being that now, he/she cannot meddle with it anymore; there're 2 security guards sitting adjacent to the new parking lot & the admin has promised to catch hold of the person incase they meddle even in the new parking area.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LHS mirror on Gypsy - Why so complicated? Ragul 4x4 Technical 22 21st October 2016 16:03
Extra mirror for reverse sensor; what happens to OEM Day/Night Mirror? libranof1987 Modifications & Accessories 15 16th September 2016 18:14
Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Which Is The Ugliest Of Them All! LOVE HER(ALD)! The Indian Car Scene 87 26th December 2008 22:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks