Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:02   #16
BHPian
 
james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 543
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

Hi Raj, You are lucky he didnt create a scene there by fighting for compensation.. here are a few thought of mine. i request you take them in a positive way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Me: see, i was not the one driving. you can talk to the driver & do whatever you need to do.
The above statement clearly states that you are not involved in this and he has to settle it with the driver. You should have alteast told him that you'll compansate him for the damage but as you have to fix your vehicle too, request him to be more understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
after you left, it was me who drove the car all the way to byculla & back. i wont let him touch my car now, i promise!
Do you think this really matters to him? After the way things went, im sure he wont care even if you ram into a tanker or fly off a bridge.

Anyway, if you are ok with paying something for the repairs, post up here and add it to the thread name as well.. He might come across the thread and try contacting you. Im sure he wont but still!!

Regards
-James
james is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:19   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I would attribute this day as "one lucky day" to Raj that you got away easily.
hey buddy, numerous vehicles have hit my car with them being at fault. of course, in minor accidents, i really dont expect them to pay up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
ah come on, give him a break... He was so honest to post the fact knowing the expected comments... i like people who are honest and taking the hit rather than making up a story and showing how good they are... we know him very well and we know this is not his character... if he made a mistake, yes he did... he might be too much into the thought of teaching a lesson to the driver and missed the main subject...

Raj, move on... you know you made a mistake and you realize it... that is it... if you could find the qualis guy and pay him... great! if not just help some poor and get some relief... trust me there is nothing makes you more relieved than helping someone in need.
i do realize my mistake. making that guy drive my car!

but not offering money cannot be counted as my mistake as i just cannot pay him money from my pocket. its my brother's company who will pay up & that is the reason i asked him to talk to the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
What does this mean? You left the qualis guy with no options. It sounded like you have nothing to do with the car. It left the qualis guy with only 2 options, stop the car there and make it a police case or to drive away. I feel he took the high road and drove away.

Mate, I agree that he is not your driver, so what? Dint you ask him to drive, did he compel you and drove your car???
buddy, please understand one thing.

i did not feel its logical to interfere between the driver & the qualis guy especially when i am not the one paying up.

i asked the guy to talk to the driver, not so that i could escape away from the situation but so that we could come to a conclusion.

the guy would have talked to the driver who in turn would have asked someone in my bro's company & they would have arrived to a conclusion. whether it be going to the police station for insurance claim or settling the matter then & there itself would be their decision, not mine.

yes, if it was me who was driving or atleast any of my employee, i could have taken an instant decision then & there itself.

but in this case, it was not possible. hope you understand.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:22   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,710
Thanked: 1,080 Times
Default

Quote:
2) secondly, i never ever used T-BHP's name to "get off easy" as greenhorn mentioned. its easy to deliver false accusations buddy. infact i never mentioned T-BHP's name or gave him any reference or my handle. i just asked his handle to know who he was. it was him who told me that how can a T-BHPian drive this way & i cleared that i am the T-BHPian & i was not driving.
No, but the fact that you were a bhpian was implied, Either way, regardless of whether either of you are bhpians, You still got away cheap because you shirked your responsiblity. If your teenage son broke your neighbours window, would you ask your neighbour to beat your son, and absolve yourself of the matter? any self respecting neighbour, if faced with the situation would refuse to go further, because that would be the honorable thing to do. If Mahindra A*S*S damages your scorpio while servicing, , and if the manager asked you to deal with the errant employee yourself, would you accept it ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY, this driver is NOT my employee.
but
Quote:
the car is mine
Quote:
i NEVER said that i am not ready to pay full compensation. on the contrary,
but did you say that you were ready to pay full compensation?
Instead,
Quote:
what i said was- "see, i was not the one driving. you can talk to the driver & do whatever you need to do" which means please talk to the driver to arrive to a mutual understanding.
because
Quote:
he knows HIS company's rules better & what needs to be done in such a situation. maybe if we need to pay, its my brother's company who will pay & that driver will have to call his boss to come to a conclusion.
But the qualis dude doesnt know that , does he ? he obviously thought you were being very harsh on the driver, which you were. But he did the honourable thing to do.

I appreciate your honesty, and I apologize for the harsh language earlier. But accept what you did, ( you had your reasons, some of which were not very obvious) and move on
greenhorn is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:26   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

If I was the Qualis guy I could have pulled off the LTD sticker handed it in your hand and drove off.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:30   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,207 Times
Default

The Qualis guy was a gentleman. Had you offered to compensate his damages voluntarily, you too would have been one, IMO.
J.Ravi is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:30   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

@ greenhorn: see, you will have to understand certain things. every organization has its own set of rules & regulations for its employees/drivers when it comes to such situations.

in this situation, i did not have the power to take any action as it can backfire on me later. if i pay the money then & there itself, who will clear the amount in my company account? how will i get the amount from my bro's company? on what basis?

and a lot many of other issues.

so, i thought it was better that the driver itself deal with the qualis guy. thats because i cannot take a decision but the driver can. he can call his employer & do the needful. not that i left the poor fellow to struggle nor that i left the qualis guy without any option, but that was the most logical option i had at that time.

last time i am saying this, i did not leave the qualis guy to deal with the driver & go back to the car's AC comfort. i was there with him all the time but i just asked the qualis guy to ask the driver on what needs to be done. if compensation needs to be paid, it will be. if insurance needs to be claimed, it will be.

@ spitfire: and i would have given a whack to the guy touching my car... ask for compensation, get the damage covered, but DO NOT touch the car.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd April 2010 at 20:34.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:31   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Really agree with the other guys, you should have offered to pay.

I am sorry to offend you, but not offering to pay was really bad and telling the qualis guy to ask your driver to pay was even worse.
indra_slk is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:36   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Phew. tired of explaining again and again.

friends, pleaseeeeeeee read post # 11, 17 & 22 where i have stated the reasons for my inability to pay up on the scene.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:39   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

I'm sorry to say but this is really ridicuous. its your car and you really should have offered to pay the qualis driver for the damager done. just pointing helplessly at your driver is simply not good enough. if the amount is too much for the driver to pay, that's a lookout between you and your driver - why should the QG have to pay the price for your convenience. While your admission of responsibility and forthrightness in posting this is quite appreciable, IMO the QG's decency in the situation has been needlessly taken advantage of (perhaps this has happened unwittingly and may not have occurred to you in the stress of the moment). I feel you should try and locate him on the forum and compensate him
Axe77 is online now  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:40   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ spitfire: and i would have given a whack to the guy touching my car... ask for compensation, get the damage covered, but DO NOT touch the car.
Thank you now we get it.

Seriously man...you(not your driver) damaged his car what should he have done to you?

Qualis Guy, if you are reading this. Hats off dude. You should become a member on here, we need more of your type.
Spitfire is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:47   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Maybe my trivia question posted earlier got sidelined with everyone going ballastic on Raj..so repeating again, for the benefit of others, myself included, who might land up in similar situations.

What is the ideal thing to do in such scenarios, even if police case is included? What is the role of insurance in this? Not everyone can pay on the spot..so in case some compensation is demanded/agreed upon between the aggrieved parties, how does one go about it?
sanjayc is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:51   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
aargee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KATN
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 1,957 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey buddy, numerous vehicles have hit my car with them being at fault. of course, in minor accidents, i really dont expect them to pay up.
Raj, I'm not bashing you; I too have numerous hits from several vehicles & till date my bumpers are not being fixed due to the same reason & I've also not been offered any money. The point I think everyone expects in the forum is, "I offered him money to fix, but he politely refused" OR "I gave my phone number & asked him to send the bill from Toyota"; while you're proud of TBHP, the forum expects something else, I think that's what is happening. Anyway, you've spoken honest & if the same thing happens to anyone, I'm very sure no one would would start talking about offering money. That's why I said, "Raj, consider this is one of your lucky day".
aargee is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:05   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm sorry to say but this is really ridicuous. its your car and you really should have offered to pay the qualis driver for the damager done. just pointing helplessly at your driver is simply not good enough. if the amount is too much for the driver to pay, that's a lookout between you and your driver - why should the QG have to pay the price for your convenience. While your admission of responsibility and forthrightness in posting this is quite appreciable, IMO the QG's decency in the situation has been needlessly taken advantage of (perhaps this has happened unwittingly and may not have occurred to you in the stress of the moment). I feel you should try and locate him on the forum and compensate him
i repeat-
pleaseeeeeeee read post # 11, 17 & 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thank you now we get it.

Seriously man...you(not your driver) damaged his car what should he have done to you?

Qualis Guy, if you are reading this. Hats off dude. You should become a member on here, we need more of your type.
ohh yes dude! just wanted to ask you this-

imagine you are driving your car & you hit some car from behind. the mistake is clearly yours but that guy comes up & damages your car. what do you do? smile & think "i deserved it"? i guess no.

everybody in this forum is equally passionate about their vehicles dude. if you say something thats offending like tearing away stickers or something, people like me are bound to react.

the QG was really polite & i agree that. i could not offer him money due to some restraints i had & i guess you should understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Raj, I'm not bashing you; I too have numerous hits from several vehicles & till date my bumpers are not being fixed due to the same reason & I've also not been offered any money. The point I think everyone expects in the forum is, "I offered him money to fix, but he politely refused" OR "I gave my phone number & asked him to send the bill from Toyota"; while you're proud of TBHP, the forum expects something else, I think that's what is happening. Anyway, you've spoken honest & if the same thing happens to anyone, I'm very sure no one would would start talking about offering money. That's why I said, "Raj, consider this is one of your lucky day".
buddy, i am not against anyone bashing me. sorry if i gave that impression.

but comment like "you are cheap" & "i would tear off that sticker on your car" do offend me & i guess would offend anyone.

let me for the last time try to explain my situation-

1) i could not pay any amount to the QG directly because the driver was not my employee,
2) my driver will have to talk to his employer to come to a conclusion. i cannot do that.
3) that is the reason i asked the qualis guy to talk to my driver.
4) i did not ask the QG to ask for money from the driver.
5) the money, if paid, will be paid by my brother's company & not from the driver's salary & MOST IMPORTANTLY, not my company. so i cannot take a decision whether to claim insurance or to have a mutual settlement.

its not that i was arrogant not to pay. it was that i was not in a position to promise anything to the QG.
raj_5004 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:17   #29
BHPian
 
ThE_DoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

The IDEAL thing to have been done could have been you contacting your brothers company and making sure things are settled. I agree if you feel you did not think you had to pay - I disagree with this view but still its a personal decision. However, it surely was your moral responsibility that the guy was at least compensated somehow.

More than the actual payment of damages, I think what everyone here is not liking is the fact that how you could assume that the guy would understand all this brothers companies business and all. You left him just 2 options - Penalise the driver OR walk away !!

The saddest part of the whole story is how he would react the next time he sees a car on the road with a 'team-bhp' sticker !! He was let down !!
ThE_DoN is offline  
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:20   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

@ don:
1) the guy knew he is my bro's company driver & that is precisely the reason i asked him to talk to the driver as i cannot take a decision.
2) i could not call my bro directly as he is out of town & the next option was talking to the company's accountant with whom the driver has to talk.

@ all: guys, i guess everybody is just reading the first post & then commenting making me repeat my problems again & again. so henceforth, i can answer to only those who have read all my posts & still think i am wrong. i am not against bashing but i am against insensible bashing.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd April 2010 at 21:24.
raj_5004 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunshine Hyundai tries to pass a dented i10: saved by T-bhp checklist drkunaldas Indian Car Dealerships 10 22nd January 2009 07:20
A missing Cotter Pin and saved by a whisker - Please read the Appeal at the end suren181 Shifting gears 20 27th July 2007 12:15
DRIVER TALENT:- How do u judge a good track driver from a good street driver memo45_m Indian Motorsport 27 18th May 2006 07:42
Renault Saved Japan's Second Largest car maker devarshi84 The International Automotive Scene 3 12th February 2006 10:21
Minardi & Jordan saved ! Hatari Int'l Motorsport 3 30th October 2004 03:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks