Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 16:06   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

If you want to be on the safer side, go file a complaint in the Police Station in that jurisdiction against the vehicle.

You never know these guys, they might later file a complaint against you even though you were not at fault.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:13   #17
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,583 Times
Default

Near Hulimavu means you stay on Bannerghatta road?
Was this near Mantri Woodlands?

Anyway, you need not worry. These minor things are impossible to avoid in big cities.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:34   #18
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,882
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

No one is going to come home. So don't worry. If money is what he wanted, he'd have clutched his legs and writhed in agony on accident spot itself (like Italian foot ball players).
If they try coming home to threaten or stalk, they are committing a bigger crime and you can nail them.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 16:47   #19
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
If you want to be on the safer side, go file a complaint in the Police Station in that jurisdiction against the vehicle.

You never know these guys, they might later file a complaint against you even though you were not at fault.
Till now nothing had happened, hope this will be the case....

I could not note the number of the vehicle Let me see, if they are keen on money making, they will be coming back, otherwise not. I already had a word with my house owners, who had good contacts all over the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Near Hulimavu means you stay on Bannerghatta road?
Was this near Mantri Woodlands?

Anyway, you need not worry. These minor things are impossible to avoid in big cities.
I stay at Nobo nagar, the katcha lane right opposite to Loyola ITI, Bimal Service, after Mantri apartments. But daily I take the lane inside at the four-lane road end after meenakshi temple (even though its 1 km more), as this katcha road is prone to get jammed if there is any vehicle coming in the opposite direction, may it be an auto.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 03:48   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore / Toronto, Canada
Posts: 154
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

@rishie - the incident is unfortunate. What else can anyone say!
But the chances of someone coming to your home to harass you/your family are thin. This is why: He knows for sure he was at fault. Now coming to your "area" without knowing who you're, what hold you've in that vicinity, is certainly risky for him, of course, unless he's a goon himself. So relax. If you're scared, any common driver can be equally scared of a chance of accidentally hitting a goon in an unknown locality. These are my thoughts when I put myself in the shoes of the moped guy with the limited info. I have about him from your post.
Iluvcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 05:33   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Benga'loo'ru
Posts: 290
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcars View Post
@rishie - the incident is unfortunate. What else can anyone say!
But the chances of someone coming to your home to harass you/your family are thin. This is why: He knows for sure he was at fault. Now coming to your "area" without knowing who you're, what hold you've in that vicinity, is certainly risky for him, of course, unless he's a goon himself. So relax. If you're scared, any common driver can be equally scared of a chance of accidentally hitting a goon in an unknown locality. These are my thoughts when I put myself in the shoes of the moped guy with the limited info. I have about him from your post.
There is nothing called 'risk' for such low lives, they have nothing to lose if they would have figured out Rishie is not a local

This happens all over the world, the locals rule. Outsiders compromise.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,583 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post

I stay at Nobo nagar, the katcha lane right opposite to Loyola ITI, Bimal Service, after Mantri apartments. But daily I take the lane inside at the four-lane road end after meenakshi temple (even though its 1 km more), as this katcha road is prone to get jammed if there is any vehicle coming in the opposite direction, may it be an auto.
yeah I am somewhat familiar with that area. I stay at mantri and take my wife on that road for her driving lessons. You are talking about the road that turns left when the divider ends, right?

Anyway, am sure everyhing is going to be fine.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 11:55   #23
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
yeah I am somewhat familiar with that area. I stay at mantri and take my wife on that road for her driving lessons. You are talking about the road that turns left when the divider ends, right?

Anyway, am sure everyhing is going to be fine.
Yes, I was talking about the same road, but the place I stay is very near to Bimal Service(just 2-3 min walk)...

I too think no problem will be there, as upto now no one has turned out, and my wife also has been keeping busy with the kid...
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 14:39   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
mooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
he was unable to stand straight, and was holding his left leg saying that its paining like hell, and he's sure that something has fractured from inside
When the guy was in so much pain, the last thing he could have done was to figure out all the twists and turns that lead to your house. And for once, thank Bangalore's haphazard street planning for this !

So just chill, Rishie, and enjoy the weekend with your wife and your young one
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:28   #25
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Update: The Guy, came home today morning asking for all of his hospital expenses, including the scanning charges, which will be around 10K. He bought some of the local guys to support him., initially I protested, but as per the suggestion of my house owner, I had agreed to pay him 6000/- and took a letter on a plain paper that no matter what the consequences are, I am not responsible.

I had to agree because, the guy who came supporting the hit guy, went back while I was protesting and got some local candidate for that area politician, towards my luck, my house owner knows him, and finally settled on that amount, and on the clause that he would not be coming back to me, asking for anything more.

After all the agreement was done, I asked him to wait for sometime, got the amount from nearby ATM, and asked him to sign a note, saying that I had paid so so amount and I am not reponsible for any other damages/charges incurred. He refused initially, and was insisting on the words that local guys have told, I told him, if its between you and me, I don't trust them (those supporters were not there), and I want my family to be with peace of mind, and if you are not going to sign this note, I am not going to pay anything.

Later again his supporters came, they too insisted on getting the letter signed, I took the witness signs from them too and paid him off the money.

I know, I don't have to be paying the money, but for peace of mind for my family, I decided to pay him.

I am stupid that I didnot note down his vehicle number, otherwise I would have lodged a complaint against that guy, and would have been on the safer side.

My house owner assured me that, he knows the guy who made the settlement, and they will not be coming back for sure. Even if they come back, he said, he'll be talking to those middle men directly, so that no problem will come.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 10:53   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
The Guy, came home today morning asking for all of his hospital expenses, including the scanning charges, which will be around 10K.
But you/your friend had paid the hospital bills earlier? What was the basis of calculation of this 10K/6K?

Or was this money paid for the incidental expenses?
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:00   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Update: The Guy, came home today morning asking for all of his hospital expenses, including the scanning charges, which will be around 10K.
Bangalore is the pits man. Horrible blood sucking leeches live in this city.

I am surprised you agreed and signed some letter. And on what basis?

Your house owner is of no help here.

My suggestion leave the house you are staying in and move to a better locality. The goons will comeback once they know they have a easy target.

Problem is the city police here are a horribly corrupted lot too.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:01   #28
BHPian
 
rishie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 125
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
But you/your friend had paid the hospital bills earlier? What was the basis of calculation of this 10K/6K?

Or was this money paid for the incidental expenses?
I paid the hospital expenses earlier, doctor told, bones are fine, and if the pain has not come down, scanning has to be done, to confirm that the gums between the joints have not got damaged. and this guy is claiming that he's unable to walk, and his leg is slipping while standing straight.

I told them initially that, there is nothing that I can do, and its his mistake, but they started pressurising me, and my house owner said, it might continue, better make a settlement asap.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:05   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
sbraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B L R / T V M
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I agree with Spitfire. The house owner is not of much help.

Now that blood has been tasted, if they are goons, they will come back.

Better to change the house. And do not inform the house owner of your new address. Indicate a false address to him.

After shifting, you can personally come to this place and collect any correspondence left.

Staying in a rented accomodation has this plus point. You can vanish easily without leaving much trace.

Last edited by sbraj : 12th April 2010 at 11:07.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,583 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Bangalore is the pits man. Horrible blood sucking leeches live in this city.

I am surprised you agreed and signed some letter. And on what basis?
+1 to that. The only way to avoid scum here is to be a bigger scum.

I don't think he had any choice but to agree to pay. And i think he got the letter signed by the other guy.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police thrash man for driving on wrong side of Expressway Pacifica Street Experiences 43 9th June 2015 11:53
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
How to drive on the WRONG side of the road arunu Street Experiences 3 6th August 2009 16:45
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks