Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 14th April 2010, 10:58   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I am not getting it. Why would the court reject the case? Smaller vehicles can never be the culprits? It does not sound logical.

I don't think it is correct to generalize and say that police would always write the FIR favoring the poor guy. I don't think police/courts in our country are that generous and benevolent to the poor.
The police will be stressing on that point, to make some money to write the report as narrated exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
As if they help people following the law. I wonder if the cops FOLLOW the so called law. Bangalore Cops, most corrupted human beings in whole country.
Quote:
I would never prefer/advise not to follow law. I would rather be aware of the law, and use it to my advantage. Road via sarcasm often leads to dead-end.
I had seen/heard incidents where bangalore police reject to file a FIR and threaten the person who is stressing on that, if he does not have any influence. For Bangalore police Vitamin M is most crucial and if that's offerred, any one, even the culprit can be escaped even without getting marked in an FIR.

May be that's one reason for me, not approaching bangalore police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
You have my sympathies and best wishes mate. However, the sad part is that we tend to be so paranoid of the legal processes that at times we forget that the folks on the other side also aren't the greatest fans of Police (my two cents.)

You did the right thing by taking that man to the hospital, but you should have tried taking him first towards (mind you it's not a 'to') a Police station and see his reaction, as you put it, he didn't have the helmet on his person while driving... I reckon he might not be having his papers intact either as pointed by others in this thread.

In such events, and if the accident isn't major, start taking snaps via your mobile phone and keep as much of evidence at hand as possible, you never know when you need it (even after that dreaded payout i.e.)

I hope your fears haven't come true Be safe.
Thanks cossack, for your wishes.

I agree, but in that situation, the only thing I could think of is to get him to a hospital and get the first aid done, as to avoid any further damage.

I don't know the area police station, and also the house owners were not there at home, when I arrived, so everything got ruled out but to get him to the hospital.

As of today, no one has returned back home, also I had told to the shop keeper nearby to keep an eye on the house, and also to the house owners.
Hopefully they will not be returning back.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 17:37   #77
BANNED

Quote:
I have changed rented houses five times in Bangalore (eastern & western side of Bangalore). I never had any problem in getting the deposit back. At the time of settlement, in fact, the owner makes you sign acknowledging receipt of cash or cheque amount of deposit.

A one off case cannot be taken as generalization to prove that there is no point in following the law. If law is not followed, law enforcement agencies cannot help you. That is the message coming out from the posts.

I would never prefer/advise not to follow law. I would rather be aware of the law, and use it to my advantage. Road via sarcasm often leads to dead-end.
Let me not join the competition of who shifted how many times. I am staying in bangalore from past 7 years, all in rented houses. Shifted from Mathikere to Sanjay Nagar to Ramaiah Nagar to CV Raman Nagar and where not. It's not only me, all the friends I know face the issue. It's like once you pay the deposit, forget about getting a proper amount.

Law is made to user it to your advantage but never ends up as expected. I would any day prefer to handle the locals by myself than to deal with the Khakhi dresses Mafia..!

Anyways, this is off topic and there is no dead-end to the discussion.

@Rishie - Don't worry dude. Whatever you did was right. The motive was to handle the situation and you did it..! Calling a police would make you pay 2 Gundas. One is the prick who got hit, the other is the police..!

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 14th April 2010 at 17:41.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 18:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me not join the competition of who shifted how many times. I am staying in bangalore from past 7 years, all in rented houses. Shifted from Mathikere to Sanjay Nagar to Ramaiah Nagar to CV Raman Nagar and where not. It's not only me, all the friends I know face the issue. It's like once you pay the deposit, forget about getting a proper amount.
You let go the deposit all the times? And your friends too?

Man, you are rich. And you have rich friends.

Quote:
Law is made to user it to your advantage but never ends up as expected.
At least it has to used. We are not even seeing that attempt.

Quote:
I would any day prefer to handle the locals by myself than to deal with the Khakhi dresses Mafia..!
Good luck!!!
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 19:19   #79
BANNED

Quote:
You let go the deposit all the times? And your friends too?
lol.. I wish I could afford to do that. I never said I let go, but I have to get the deposits the harder way.

Anyways, I was just jotting down my experience, never meant it ALWAYS happens with everyone, you are correct at your point that law needs to be used, I tried doing the same the first time, but based on the experience I got to find an easier way, which was not actually through Law. Am stopping myself from the off topic discussion hence forward in this thread.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 22:17   #80
BHPian

I think we are going a bit here. I started this thread, to get to know, what has to be done, in such situations.

Well, some do's and don'ts have been noted down, but each one looking at the issue, from what their personal experiences pointed to.

I request everyone, not to relate this to the rental deposits, which again is a big mess in bangalore, and can be discussed as a separate topic.

Mods: Please edit this post if found inappropriate.

Last edited by rishie : 14th April 2010 at 22:19.
rishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 00:58   #81

My people back home had similar issue: Some guy got hit by some other car with same color as ours, he seems to have got up and tried to find the car in which street it was going. Then he went to every house asking if they have gray color car, until he arrived at my people's place. Here upon spotting required color, he came inside compound wall and took registration number of the car to lodge a case in police station.

Luckily on the day he was hit (as shown in the case filed), my brother-in-law took the car to orissa and had toll receipts and gas bills from orissa. Police people landed with that guy asking for some money to cover his expenses; my brother-in-law had good political connections, hence he could easily get out of this fake case. I still wonder what would happen to people who do not have political connections.
k-swifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 08:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

^^ They end up paying these goons in uniform, sadly.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 10:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-swifter View Post
Police people landed with that guy asking for some money to cover his expenses; my brother-in-law had good political connections, hence he could easily get out of this fake case. I still wonder what would happen to people who do not have political connections.
These police guys are acting funny. Have they heard of the term 'alibi'? Isn't court settlement a better option?
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote