Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 21:39   #241
Senior - BHPian
 
rohanjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 1,190
Thanked: 683 Times
Default

Today the police decided to catch over speeding vehicles on ORR near Bellandur. The intetceptor was parked in the leftmost lane, in front of Indian Oil petrol bunk. Whoever gunned their engines when the Iblur signal opened, were trapped.

I had parked on the service road on. the opposite side (in front of Acme apartments, to wait for my wife. I got to observe the police for nearly half an hour. What I observed:
- an auto rickshaw carrying 4 people in rightmost lane, no problem
- an Ace going slowly in the rightmost lane, no problem
- a bus stopping in the middle lane for passengers just after crossing the interceptor, no problem
- a car doing 62-63 kmph, BIG PROBLEM.
rohanjf is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 23:53   #242
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,186
Thanked: 12,728 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Today the police decided to catch over speeding vehicles on ORR near Bellandur. The intetceptor was parked in the leftmost lane, in front of Indian Oil petrol bunk. Whoever gunned their engines when the Iblur signal opened, were trapped.

I had parked on the service road on. the opposite side (in front of Acme apartments, to wait for my wife. I got to observe the police for nearly half an hour. What I observed:
- an auto rickshaw carrying 4 people in rightmost lane, no problem
- an Ace going slowly in the rightmost lane, no problem
- a bus stopping in the middle lane for passengers just after crossing the interceptor, no problem
- a car doing 62-63 kmph, BIG PROBLEM.
Their pockets are empty and it needs to be filled so that interceptor is there at the signal. Here in Hyderabad these kind if Interceptors are only from one evening or night.

People will be stored and challan'ed mostly so to avoid the fines they will bribe and get rid of the issue out the challah is sent to the offenders address.

Stupid set of rules and a blind eye always to government vehicle and autos.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2013, 21:20   #243
BHPian
 
nareshov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 268
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Today the police decided to catch over speeding vehicles on ORR near Bellandur. The intetceptor was parked in the leftmost lane, in front of Indian Oil petrol bunk. Whoever gunned their engines when the Iblur signal opened, were trapped.

I had parked on the service road on. the opposite side (in front of Acme apartments, to wait for my wife. I got to observe the police for nearly half an hour. What I observed:
- an auto rickshaw carrying 4 people in rightmost lane, no problem
- an Ace going slowly in the rightmost lane, no problem
- a bus stopping in the middle lane for passengers just after crossing the interceptor, no problem
- a car doing 62-63 kmph, BIG PROBLEM.
Contrast this with the highway patrol I observed on the road between Pollachi and Coimbatore couple of months back when I had gone for a Munnar-trip:

- a state transport bus in front of me trying to overtake the slow moving Ace in front of it by swerving into the opposite lane
- a state transport bus behind me trying to overtake me (in a similar manner) because I was sticking to my lane and not following the lead of the bus in front of me

The police stopped the Ace, and both buses. I was let go (in spite of my KA-plate car.) The Ace driver was being blasted at. I didn't notice what happened to the buses after that.

My respect for TN highway patrol that day just shot up many fold. They weren't even operating a speed-gun at this moment. Just picking out utter stupidity out of the road.

This experience and the excellent road quality almost everywhere in TN during that trip made me seriously consider moving off to a place like Coimbatore if I didn't have a job that tied me to Bangalore (I'll even learn Tamil voluntarily if I have to!).
nareshov is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 00:14   #244
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Some bad publicity for Bangalore traffic policy - FB link
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 19:46   #245
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,718
Thanked: 9,162 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Cop gundagiri at its best! Some passerby helped an ambulance by removing a barrier and a traffic cop (Rangappa) questions him and later thrashes him:



As per the latest update on Facebook, he was suspended from duty.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2015, 11:36   #246
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
City's IPS officers, including four DCPs, were among those that received notices to remove tinted films from their official vehicles. It has been more than two years since the Bangalore Traffic Police implemented Supreme Court's guidelines of removing tinted sun films from their cars. Many officers within the department, though, are yet to follow these orders themselves
Source : http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../46460865.cms?
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 13:41   #247
BNM
BHPian
 
BNM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KA 04/53
Posts: 222
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

KR Puram Bridge Traffic

Instead of easing the traffic underneath the KR Puram bridge leading to whitefield and also to the Hosur Road, The cops stop vehicles and fine them here at this very busy junction.

The vehicles are stopped right in the middle of the road and are parked in the very narrow crossing. Hundreds or cars have to move very slowly already due to people crossing from KR Puram railway station to the other side. On top of this, these foolish cops stop vehicles right in the centre adding to the chaos. They are welcome to do this but a little ahead on the left.

They want to stand in the shade while the rest of the commuters suffer. Can anybody take notice and rectify this ?

Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?-cop.jpg
BNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2015, 13:49   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 607 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
KR Puram Bridge Traffic

Instead of easing the traffic underneath the KR Puram bridge leading to whitefield and also to the Hosur Road, The cops stop vehicles and fine them here at this very busy junction.

The vehicles are stopped right in the middle of the road and are parked in the very narrow crossing. Hundreds or cars have to move very slowly already due to people crossing from KR Puram railway station to the other side. On top of this, these foolish cops stop vehicles right in the centre adding to the chaos. They are welcome to do this but a little ahead on the left.

They want to stand in the shade while the rest of the commuters suffer. Can anybody take notice and rectify this ?

Attachment 1405812
Suggest to report this in the BTP page in facebook.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 08:38   #249
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 879 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Bengaluru traffic policemen make money by turning a blind eye to violations.

Source
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2017, 08:53   #250
BHPian
 
Aiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Bombay
Posts: 156
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

My wife got a couple of tickets for her Nano in the mail. They are tickets for driving without a seatbelt and talking on the mobile while driving, each for Rs. 100 on Marigwoda Road. This was for a supposed violation on March 17 at 06:12PM.

The car was not taken out that day. She wears the seat belt at all time, including when she is a passenger (our US habits being carried on). She also keeps her phone is in her bag when driving and never picks any calls while driving. Also, her driving is restricted to Bannerghatta Rd exclusively.

There is no photographic evidence of the violation, either in the mail or online.

Is it advisable to pay off the fine or is there any mechanism to appeal the fine (by asking for any proof).

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Aiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 12:48   #251
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
My wife got a couple of tickets for her Nano in the mail. They are tickets for driving without a seatbelt and talking on the mobile while driving, each for Rs. 100 on Marigwoda Road. This was for a supposed violation on March 17 at 06:12PM.
I too got a similar fine for 'Seat belt violation' in Dec end. I noticed the same when I checked my vehicle details at the BTP website. Similar to you I had not taken out my vehicle that day and also I never drive without seat belts.

However, couple of days before the violation date mentioned in the challan, I had given my car for service at a service center nearby. I had dropped the car and left the service center only to come in evening to collect it. So was doubtful if the challan was due to any service center guys taking the car out for a spin without seat belt. Due to which decided to pay the fine online.

Again, my challan also didn't have photographic evidence.

Do try to recollect if you had given the car for any other purpose to anyone around the same date.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 10:10   #252
BHPian
 
drivingme.crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Banga'lure'
Posts: 51
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
My wife got a couple of tickets for her Nano in the mail. They are tickets for driving without a seatbelt and talking on the mobile while driving, each for Rs. 100 on Marigwoda Road. This was for a supposed violation on March 17 at 06:12PM.
I too received a ticket for my old car (which has been re-registered in a different state for a few years now). The ticket said it was a parking violation few weeks back.

Then I realised it was probably a very old ticket just renewed with a new date. There's no proof attached. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have parked in a no parking area.

We can simply pay the fee and forget it or demand a proof which will only irk the authorities with no good.
drivingme.crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 14:00   #253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canada / B'lore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
*SNIPPED FOR RELEVANCE*
There is no photographic evidence of the violation, either in the mail or online.

Is it advisable to pay off the fine or is there any mechanism to appeal the fine (by asking for any proof).

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
*SNIPPED FOR RELEVANCE*

We can simply pay the fee and forget it or demand a proof which will only irk the authorities with no good.
OK, is there actually a way to demand evidence or even fight the ticket or anything? Is there a legal recourse actually available to us? Does anyone know, or can anyone find out?

It is easy for us to pay the ticket etc., but over time amounts add up, and occasionally it might be a larger offence or a larger fine. Plus, when the police/RTOs know that people do take the easier way out, there is nothing to prevent them from meeting their quotas by randomly ticketing people.

Cheers
tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 00:18   #254
BHPian
 
Aiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Bombay
Posts: 156
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Do try to recollect if you had given the car for any other purpose to anyone around the same date.
Thanks for that reminder. My wife recollected that she had given the car for service on that to Concorde Motors, Diary Circle with a pickup/drop service. The person had come to drop the car around that time itself and the violation is on the stretch outside the Service Center.

We are planning to pay it (for peace of mind) and raise the issue with Concorde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
We can simply pay the fee and forget it or demand a proof which will only irk the authorities with no good.
We are planning to pay the fine for peace-of-mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
OK, is there actually a way to demand evidence or even fight the ticket or anything? Is there a legal recourse actually available to us? Does anyone know, or can anyone find out?

It is easy for us to pay the ticket etc., but over time amounts add up, and occasionally it might be a larger offence or a larger fine. Plus, when the police/RTOs know that people do take the easier way out, there is nothing to prevent them from meeting their quotas by randomly ticketing people.

Cheers
I had read a few articles, which stated that you can go to the cops (if I recall somewhere around MG Road) to demand proof of the violation and they do provide the proof in terms of video/images. But, it it is a time consuming and cumbersome process.
Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2017, 18:25   #255
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 388
Thanked: 857 Times
Default Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

Some right moves from BTP now. This information was published in Indian Express today. Park correctly or face the music.

Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?-img_20170412_1814481184x1588.jpg

Interestingly, if the towed vehicles are not taken back in 2 days, one has to get them released from the court. And, a one year delay will result in the said vehicles being auctioned off!

The towing rates have also been increased substantially.
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Police thrash man for driving on wrong side of Expressway Pacifica Street Experiences 43 9th June 2015 11:53
Mumbai Traffic Police launches App : Real time traffic updates coolabhi Street Experiences 11 29th September 2012 00:25
Bangalore Traffic Police on Facebook Spitfire Shifting gears 19 22nd January 2012 09:35
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks