Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th April 2004, 12:57   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This happened 4 years ago when we had a Tata Estate. I was returning from my computter classes in Khar at around 530 in the evening. After taking a left turn from Standard Chartered Bank [Santacruz.], i seen a BEST bus parked at the bus-stop. There was enough place for me to pass him. I overtook the bus almost halfway and he started the bus and pushed me [deliberately] almost over the divider. I cudnt stand this. I got my car next to him and after exchanging a few abuses, i overtook him near Milan Subway. I kept driving RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM at a constant speed of 30-40. I guess this guy was in a hurry. He was honking and honking [POP POP POP POP], but i didnt give him way. He was threatening to dash me from behind. I said "You dash me and see. I'll break ur windshield in a thousand pieces".

When he stooped at a bus stop, even i stopped and waited for him. He stopped quite a few times thinking that I would go away. But I didnt. I kept him behind me all the way till Juhu Cirle from where I had to take a left to JV link rd. I stopped before takin a turn and asked him if he enjoyed the drive. He started givin me more gallies. But i just laughed and went on my way.

These "BEST" [or shud i say WORST] drivers deserve such treatment.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 13:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey v12 ,

that was great . i myself have given a couple of best and st drivers the same treatment . these guys seriously deserve it.

btw ...if u r overtaking a best and b4 u cross half the bus lenght and the guy pushes u away , u cant do a thing...but if u cross more than half the lenght of the bus , just honk loudly and see the bus go away sharp to the left.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 13:13   #3
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i've tried that. but it doesnt always work. Once even after crossing the bus halfway the driver kept on comin towards the right. I kept on honking but he didnt move left. In the end he almost brought me to a stop. I kept on honking for almost a minute. And that too at peak hours [830 pm at 4 bungalows signal]. I followed him, blocked his way. got down and gave him a good dose.

The reason why a BEST driver will never bang u head on is bcos it will be his fault. If they bang u sideways, they are not at fault. They can always claim that u tried to overtake in a wrong way.
Old 5th April 2004, 13:36   #4
Sam
BHPian

Tell me about it, i was banged by a best bus from the side, and i was just driving normally. Lucky i was in a sumo otherwise i would have been on the other side of the road. Yet the damages were so bad, and he didnt even stop to see what happened.:angry:
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 14:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well V12 quite an episode there.. Its sometimes fun to take the cases of these buses so long as you in aleast a big car. I myself have done it a few times.. I really enjoyed it

Cheers
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 18:59   #6
BHPian

Hey Guys this is my story TF was sarted by three guys Rohit, James and me Kev one day rohit and I where chilling at our friends garage where TF still meets after chai and smokes Rohit decided to leave so I decided to join him in his car which is frosted blue and which has clocked 140 or more on the highway which is dam good for a Fiat which is from 1960 so of we went on our way home on the way we came to signal stop where at our side stood a esteem with some guys blasting music as we take off on green a few feet away from us the driver from the car shows us his finger man that made rohit mad I told him Rohit u aint gonna catch him he just looked at me and said watch me in just a few mins we were with them and left those guys in the dust and at the end we got our revenge we showed them our fingers I would not belive it a Fiat smoking an esteem but that was so good
and always talk about it at meets
Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2004, 19:05   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i'm sure the Esteem guys must have had a shock of their life seeing a 1960 Fiat beat them.
Old 5th April 2004, 23:38   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hahaha.....cool stories.

Interestingly, I think Indian road laws state that when there is an accident the larger vehicle is automatically at fault, unless proven otherwise!!

cheers,
Rehaan.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 00:15   #9
BHPian

V12
yea you should seen his face and here is a bad part of this story we have to hear about this every single time when we meet up with Rohit:laugh:
Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 15:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

I myself like I said earlier have smoked esteems and cielos with my Mazda Powered Fiat with 5 speed Conti transmission

Cheers
Old 7th April 2004, 03:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

Be careful of those BEST bus drivers. They're some of the worst drivers on the planet. If one of these raving lunatics is threatening to ram your car from behind and loses control, it'll be really bad. Shattering the bus windscreen may help you to give vent to your anger, but, it won't solve your problem. Your car will remain damaged. I'd rather give way to a bus or truck than have my car damaged. Damage to my car hurts me a lot more than verbal abuse or submission to a heavy vehicle.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 12:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you Addy . Pangas with BEST buses are very risky

Cheers
Old 7th April 2004, 12:23   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey adi, ur right. But once they have damaged ur car, its done. ur not gonna get any compensation for it. So its better u do something to his vehicle too. Cos these bus drivers like to learn it the hard way.
Old 7th April 2004, 13:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

I guess if you have some support from road going people who are in the mood to bash up someone who have had a bad day may join you in doing haath saaf on the bus driver Seen many such incidents

Cheers
Old 8th April 2004, 19:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Haha.. well dippy wud love to do haath saaf on a BEST driver someday....

....buttttt they are Government employees on duty remember and its very difficult to get out of if an FIR is lodged, then rounds of the court etc. Eventually you'll lose the case since u took ur vent out on BIG BROTHER. And even courts tend to support the government in such cases.

Take addys advise and stay away from BESTs when they leave bus stops. Giving them way is more sensible than ruining the better half of ur life fighting them in court.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote