Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th June 2010, 20:39   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Whats the point of try to be safe when you will be extending a life which is worse than that of a mouse. Damn sitting behind wheels somehow does not make me feel like one. I scratch auto, I pray to god to keep me safe. If auto hits me I pray to god to keep me safe. If some pedestrian dances into my way I pray to god that mob does not lynch me. And otherwise I keep glancing front left right back to see who are around me so that my car does not get scratched.

Bangalore. Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Come to Mumbai! You can add one more fun activity to that list- getting blown up by terrorists! Happens every few months here!
Lol wolfy.You just had me in splits.That punchline really lightened up the tension and strain of this thread.

OT,
@d2l,
Do not worry buddy.To the people who are not in the IT sector its another story.Basically its a rat race.It always was.

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 5th June 2010 at 20:44.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 21:44   #212
BHPian

Come on guys, don't be so hopeless, so what now you are working in an MNC or desi MNC, don't forget your roots, remeber college and hostel days, those who are not from big cities remeber those small town days and school day, at least I was more notorious than these muggers

remember the movie The Wednesday, when a common suffering man takes the stick, its all over for others, show the real man inside you, remember those long trips you have taken on unknown during during mid-night not knowing what can happen to you if soemthing goes really wrong, and you are talking about Bangalore city, man this is play ground for you. I was thinking the whole day, which route should I take to office, and I was surprised to know that I am taking the most lonly road in Bangalore while comming back from office(I will not tell you:-D). So I am not afraid of any muggers, let them come

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th June 2010 at 23:55. Reason: 3 smileys
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 07:07   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
and I was surprised to know that I am taking the most lonly road in Bangalore while comming back from office(I will not tell you). So I am not afraid of any muggers, let them come
Lonely road eeh? I think you should be more afraid of taking the road

Moreover, how many options of roads do you get in Bengalooru? They hardly have any roads. 'Alternate route' is not a term which can be used in Bangalore.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 08:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Lonely road eeh? I think you should be more afraid of taking the road

Moreover, how many options of roads do you get in Bengalooru? They hardly have any roads. 'Alternate route' is not a term which can be used in Bangalore.
Thats is a surprise my dear friend, I know few road which muggers will also think twice before taking
Old 7th June 2010, 10:59   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Thats is a surprise my dear friend, I know few road which muggers will also think twice before taking
Come on, enough with the hide and seek. Just reveal the road which you take otherwise we will have to follow you or hire a spy
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:07   #216
BHPian

Anyone have more news on the mugging near Nandi hills? This news was flashed on TV9 yesterday. "8 men in 4 bikes, rob travelers near nandi hills"
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:16   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Anyone have more news on the mugging near Nandi hills? This news was flashed on TV9 yesterday. "8 men in 4 bikes, rob travelers near nandi hills"
What the hell!

Even Nandi is not safe now? What is going on, this is really really something which the Police need to start taking a look at very seriously!
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:26   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
What the hell!

Even Nandi is not safe now? What is going on, this is really really something which the Police need to start taking a look at very seriously!
ORR inside Bangalore is not safe, you are talking about Nandi Hill
Old 7th June 2010, 12:29   #219
BHPian

Quote:
ORR inside Bangalore is not safe, you are talking about Nandi Hill
Why do these crooks want to spend so much on petrol and go so far from the city when they have more viable targets inside? :

On a more serious note, Nandi has always been relatively safe in the past 2-3 years since I've been frequenting it. But it does make for a soft target.
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 12:52   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Why do these crooks want to spend so much on petrol and go so far from the city when they have more viable targets inside?
May be these chaps are from close by locations near Nandi hills; I guess they have to be familiar with get aways before starting on this business.

In the city Haralur and Jail Road are like isolated zones in the afternoon. I travel to Sarjapur via Haralur Road in the mornings but late evening once its dark I prefer the OOR to HSR.

Last edited by bblost : 7th June 2010 at 16:30. Reason: fixed the quotes
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 14:25   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
May be these chaps are from close by locations near Nandi hills; I guess they have to be familiar with get aways before starting on this business.

In the city Haralur and Jail Road are like isolated zones in the afternoon. I travel to Sarjapur via Haralur Road in the mornings but late evening once its dark I prefer the OOR to HSR.
Hey Harrycan don't worry, no one is going to mess with you, if you give one punch the rat is dead

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th June 2010 at 23:50. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 7th June 2010, 16:21   #222
BHPian

OT: Asdon: Hurrycane to Harrycan feels like i have become more Hairy seens the last time you saw me

Jokes apart I am not a violent chap dont portray me that way; TBHPians will start keeping away from me. That was a one off case, in the past so many years that I have driven in Bangalore and Mumbai I have not got involved in any street brawl or hand to hand combat.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 7th June 2010 at 16:22. Reason: Spelling Error
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 18:15   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
OT: Asdon: Hurrycane to Harrycan feels like i have become more Hairy seens the last time you saw me

Jokes apart I am not a violent chap dont portray me that way; TBHPians will start keeping away from me. That was a one off case, in the past so many years that I have driven in Bangalore and Mumbai I have not got involved in any street brawl or hand to hand combat.
Arrey guruji, thats what I have posted, nobody will mess with you, so you don't involve in any such incidents. But actually what ever is happening on Bangalore road seems that our police system has totally failed and the CP is more interested in looking out for opened eataries in night than doing the actual job I think it will not be resolved before Narayanmuthy/Premji/etc get mugged.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:56   #224
BHPian

Well,
This is one incident i was mugged on the bangalore Mysore road an year ago.

This happened to me on the mysore road just after Bidadi. I was going out with a friend on my jeep and we decided to stop on the road side for some condiments hardly 3-4 kms before Kadumane. This was at 4:00pm in the evening.

Act 1
A middle aged guy in a bike pulls up in front of me. He parks the bike a little further ahead and came running towards me. (from here i couldn't notice the number as it was written in kannada)
He looked agitated. Shouts at the top of his voice. Tries to grab the door and pull me out. Fortunately it was locked from inside.

He then starts abusing me and keeps arguing that i was driving dangerously on the road and hit him. He was also shouting that i was from some other state and i was high headed that i have money and i can do any thing on the road. ( my jeep had a non KA registration)
Since i never hit anyone nor did i drive dangerously, I got down and raised my voice. I too was shouting at this guy in kannada. I was asking him to show me the damages caused to him and his vehicle.

Act 2
This guy suddenly raised his hand in an attempt to hit me. But stops. He never shows me the damages.

Act 3
By then i was in attack mode and demand to show me me the damages.

This fellow then backs off, pulls out a mobile phone and tells the guys on the other side to come with sticks as he was hit on the road.

Act 4 (part of the same gang)
Suddenly 1 more soft spoken middle aged bike guy stops to inquire what happened. This guy narrates the whole episode of my dangerous driving to him.

Soon a crowd gathers. These are laborers returning from some nearby field.

Act 5
These guys then started to persuade me to pay some money for the damages and get out of that place before the villagers land up with sticks and start damaging the vehicle.

seeing all this my friend panicked and pulled out his purse. As soon as he saw the purse, he started demanding 5K. Finally he settled for 1K. He takes the money and disappears within no time. The soft spoken guy is also nowhere to be seen.

We get in the jeep and an argument broke out between us. Anyways, we realized we were duped.

Last week my friends brother was mugged by the honking guys near IIM on the bannerughatta road. A friend narrated how this technique was used on them on the sakleshpur hassan route long ago. These guys just didn't stop.

So, overall, these incidents are not just limited to Bangalore alone.

The next time someone does that to me i shall run over him and then talk while he is still under my wheel.

regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:54   #225
Senior - BHPian

krishna the Mys-Blr stretch is notorious for such things pal. You simply should have called the cops and waited for them to come instead of paying that low life scum bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
The next time someone does that to me i shall run over him and then talk while he is still under my wheel.
I definitely would like to do this someday .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote