Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 30th June 2010, 09:33   #316
BHPian

@asdon, really feel sad about people falling prey to these.
JP Morgan? you should have called me Our security guards would have taken care of them.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 09:36   #317
BHPian

Holy Cow!! Avijit time for a weekend meet.
Did you notice the number plates by any chance?
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 09:39   #318
BHPian

The number plates were in Kanada for pulsers, the Discover was with KA43, I missed the other nubers.

@Deepak - I was thinking of calling you but these guys backed off, so I deciede not to
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:32   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Arre Avijit. Chance missed.
We could have handed these guys to the cops.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:34   #320
BHPian

^ Were you able to register an FIR finally!
Lets store numbers of fello bhpians as well along with cops (as seperate group or category) so that we can start calling them for help in the sourrounding areas - I live on Sarjapura road and will be ready to rush whenever I receive a call - guys feel free to call me other fellows. I dont even mind for a weekend meet for this.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:40   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Now I decided to report this to HSR Layout police station today while going to office. Even now while writing this I am trying Inspector Rajesh's cell which is switched off, Sub-Inspector Mirza Ali who is not picking up, and Cheetah Squad not picking up. I really doubt if police will do anything in these cases. Really hopeless
So, did you file a written complaint? Police cannot afford to ignore FIRs filed. Else they will never acknowledge that there is an issue.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 10:49   #322
BHPian

This is sad Asdon and a way lucky that you got away from these guys with out much trouble. While i am not sure if any of us will get help from the police, but is still good to lodge a complaint for the record.

I am sure we have people in this forum who have links and good connections with Police. We should utilize these links to create awareness and get possible help to tackle this menace, else this is not going to end. There is absolutely no pressure on police which is why they are neglecting.
Indian Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:02   #323
BHPian

I will go to HSR Layout police station today to file an FIR(if they are willing to) lets see what happens.

Edit:Spoke with Sub-inspector Ali, he told me to come and meet Inspector Rajesh.

Last edited by asdon : 30th June 2010 at 11:05.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:04   #324
Senior - BHPian

asdon that was close but good to know that you dint get into the trouble. btw i beg to differ that they chased assuming you are a non-kannadiga as you were listening to hindi music
fyi majority of kannadigas love to listen to hindi music most of the times, which includes me i have a huge collection of Kishore, 99% time i play Hindi or English music only and like wise know many who do the same...

but can never say those dumb heads might be coming to the conclusion based on this, btw i think they can do the same harm to the locals...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:04   #325
Senior - BHPian

These might be other scum trying their luck with the initial folks having got away scot free.

The modus operandi is known all over Bangalore now. What stops a low life start doing the same for a quick buck.

They know the Bangalore Police are wimps anyways.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:08   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good morning all, for those who are thinking muggers are gone, they are back. And this time they tried their luck with me!!!

Even now while writing this I am trying Inspector Rajesh's cell which is switched off, Sub-Inspector Mirza Ali who is not picking up, and Cheetah Squad not picking up. I really doubt if police will do anything in these cases. Really hopeless
Asdon, good that you managed to get yourself out of there. Despite all the publicity which has been brought to this menace both through the media as well as through email chains, its sad that nothing has been done to curb this menace!

For all the numbers which the cops dished out to show they were up to the challenge, not answering calls isnt helping. Pal, do keep trying to reach out to SI Mirza, and report the issue. He would call you to the station, to get the details, and please do so.

Between, it looks like these guys are now hunting in a larger group to intimidate people.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:08   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last night I left from my office(E-city) at 12:10am, very late for me,
Quote:
I will go to HSR Layout police station today to file an FIR(if they are willing to) lets see what happens.
@asdon, your employer has a responsibility too in this context (since you were returning home from your workplace).

If you are unable to get the police to file FIR, I think you should get your employer involved.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:26   #328
BHPian

@ asdon, a day or 2 back you were looking for these muggers and.....
Thats a scary incident and glad you were safe, you should have braked hard from 90 Kph while they were following you!
On a serious note make sure the FIR is filed, all the best for that.
R
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:32   #329
BHPian

@ asdon, a day or 2 back you were looking for these muggers and.....
Thats a scary incident and glad you were safe, you should have braked hard from 90 Kph while they were following you!
On a serious note make sure the FIR is filed, all the best for that.
Another reason to leave office by 5:30pm?

Mods pl delete the above post as I'm unable to delete the duplicate post
R

Last edited by raihan : 30th June 2010 at 11:43.
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:45   #330
BHPian

I'm waiting for a couple of incidents where we (at least 2-3 bhpians) get together on such incidents and they find it difficult to get out of the place. I'm sure they will give up in that area at the least.
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote