Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 10th February 2011, 21:33   #736
BHPian

Default Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Am sure it would not be in India. I am yet to know of any Indian co's (even MNC's) do anything of such sort. Or may be I am too myopic of the whole situation. Anybody working in Namma Bengaluru have this luxury? oops I mean facility offerred by their work places?
I read a forwarded email by ORRCA(Outer ring road companies association), possibly different from one mentioned by Pervez, which also formed a helpline to tackle this issue. I also vaguely remember reading in that, to call this helpline number(without knowlege of potential bad guy), and engage them in conversation and try to give details of location.

Last edited by sriturl : 10th February 2011 at 21:43.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 22:05   #737
BHPian

Default Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

A few months back along with the support of governments Rapid Action Force (one team stationed at company HQ), my company started offering a similar facility as prince_pervez mentioned

I'm aware of one more MNC which offers such rapid action helpline, but the exact modus operandi and efficiency is not known in both cases.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 10th February 2011 at 22:08.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 22:39   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Am sure it would not be in India. I am yet to know of any Indian co's (even MNC's) do anything of such sort. Or may be I am too myopic of the whole situation. Anybody working in Namma Bengaluru have this luxury? oops I mean facility offerred by their work places?
Its quite common in Mumbai. Topsline is employed by a lot of corporates to cover employees for emergency response.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 00:05   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Its quite common in Mumbai.
I am a fan of Mu Po badge but the quoted statement says a lot about 'complete' faith in local administration.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2011, 19:24   #740
Senior - BHPian

Someone please let me have that number? Will send it across to all the folks I know and I am sure it would help a lot of people working out of MTP and going back late.

And I drive an Open Jeep at all Odd hours! God Bless me/Save me!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 13:46   #741
BHPian

Got to read a news in TOI. A fully loaded INNOVA was stolen and driven away as part of mugging. It is in the same Marathahalli- Kundalahalli main road in a broad day light

Robbers dupe driver, steal MUV - The Times of India
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 14:41   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Got to read a news in TOI.
Seems to be too easy to be true. The driver is being interrogated.

Also it was a tata innova.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 16:03   #743

My colleague, a doctor, had a bizarre incident 14th Feb 2011 evening at around 6:30 pm on the way back from work at the BTM traffic junction near Udupi Garden. One guy jumped in front of his car and pretended to have been hit. My colleague got out to check on the guy, while the another guy opened his front passenger door and tried to take his laptop bag. My colleague noticed this from outside the car and snatched at his bag. He managed to recover the laptop and other belongings except for his corporate Blackberry device. Fortunately both the guys disappeared in no time.
dr.dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 14:49   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dre View Post
My colleague, a doctor, had a bizarre incident 14th Feb 2011 evening at around 6:30 pm on the way back from work at the BTM traffic junction near Udupi Garden. One guy jumped in front of his car and pretended to have been hit. My colleague got out to check on the guy, while the another guy opened his front passenger door and tried to take his laptop bag. My colleague noticed this from outside the car and snatched at his bag. He managed to recover the laptop and other belongings except for his corporate Blackberry device. Fortunately both the guys disappeared in no time.

This happened to me a few months ago at 11 am on Museum Road which is practically the heart of the city. Its posted on this thread. This distraction technique is all to common nowadays. Keep your car windows up at signals and a can of pepper spray in the car. Stay alert at signals.

Last edited by P1tBull : 21st February 2011 at 14:50.
P1tBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 12:17   #745

This still seems to be happening on Bangalore's streets, just read an article in TOI about how a techie was robbed near Hosa road (I am not too familiar with Bangalore's neighborhoods, sorry) the MO seems to be the usual - fake an accident and loot. Here's the link - Bikers fake mishap with techie and loot him - The Times of India

Be careful guys!!
Maverick0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 19:05   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0129 View Post
This still seems to be happening on Bangalore's streets, just read an article in TOI about how a techie was robbed near Hosa road (I am not too familiar with Bangalore's neighborhoods, sorry) the MO seems to be the usual - fake an accident and loot. Here's the link - Bikers fake mishap with techie and loot him - The Times of India

Be careful guys!!
This happened to an Infosys employee 2 days back. He had identified these gundas as the same guys who operate these attacked in Bangalore using there photo, i guess there photos are available in this thread. So please be alert guys!!!
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 20:35   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
He had identified these gundas as the same guys who operate these attacked in Bangalore using there photo, i guess there photos are available in this thread. So please be alert guys!!!
And the great Bangalore Police cannot catch them.

Today on Hebbal Road film shooting was going on. I saw 3 Inspector rank officers manning traffic because of the crowd attracted by the shoot.

3 INSPECTORS??? HELLO??

Something is seriously wrong with this city.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 23:51   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Something is seriously wrong with this city.
Bro I guess you should replace "Something" with "everything".
Why I say this is due to this http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/2-foreign-women-raped-near-Anekal-4-held/articleshow/7576073.cms I agree its offtopic but none the less true.

Now coming back to the topic , so many incidents and they continue unabated. As I mentioned previously also in this thread.Don't wait for any help.Even from the cops.Its now each one to his own.All the best.

And if anyone of you us happen to see any such incident happening on road, please do stop by and offer help.Tomorrow it can be us too

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 26th February 2011 at 23:54.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 00:00   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
And if anyone of you us happen to see any such incident happening on road, please do stop by and offer help.Tomorrow it can be us too
The problem is that we never know if someone is in genuine need of help or if it is also a trap/ bait to lure people.
Fully loaded on a runaway handcart to hell;
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2011, 00:39   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The problem is that we never know if someone is in genuine need of help or if it is also a trap/ bait to lure people.
That indeed is very true.A new dimension which i almost missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Fully loaded on a runaway handcart to hell;
Thats the spirit.Enough of IT folks being called wimps.Its not about the petty money anymore.Its about self-respect.

By the way forgot to mention one more incident which I witnessed but not exactly sure what had happened.
I was going to my whitefield office from HSR last wednesday and I use the ORR.After crossing marthalli I had taken a u-turn and as usual take the shortcut which has a railway crossing on its route.After crossing the railway crossing I was shocked to see that there was traffic jam.Why shocked, as this route is always free and has only traffic going towards whitefiled in the morning and viceversa in the evening.Since I was on my bullet so managed to cut here and there and reach the tip of the jam only to find that it was not a vehicle created jam.It was a beating happening in the middle of the road.A bunch of dark fat ugly looking(please don't call me racist as just wanted to describe what i saw) guys slapping a poor guy who was wearing a tag of a renowned IT company and trying to stop his tears.Right in front was a Santro which had blocked a scorpio on its way which was causing the blockade.
On instinct I found a way to park my bike and somehow save the guy.But by the time i could reach him he was entering his santro wiping his tears and hiding his embaressment(since everyone IT and non-IT,bikes, autos,cars had stopped to witness that drama).I asked him to stop to enquire what happened but by this time the ugly looking animals were banging the back door asking him to get lost with his santro as it was blocking their scorpio. And he did exactly by rushing out the scene.Those animals gave me a stare and I froze for some time.And I am being honest here.A sharp chill went through my spine.They entered their scorpio and left and the crowd started to disperse.
I felt lost as to what might have happened.As to me it seemed like a road rage where this santro chap might have tried to overtake which might have annoyed these guys.But still I was not able to conclude as to why he stopped his vehicle in front of their scorpio.The only other conclusion might be he tried to stop them and argue with them oversomething only to be beaten black and blue.
Not sure whether it was a mugging incident as when I came in I witness only slaps.Right and left.No money being exchanged.

My mood was spoiled for the whole day.Was not able to concentrate.Felt bad and really cursed those animals the way they were treating another human being.It was really a disgusting scene of a poor grown up chap wiping his tears in front of the whole crowd.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote