Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 27th February 2011, 17:12   #751
BHPian

Default Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Something is seriously wrong with this city.
Looks like my decision to move out of Bangalore was still a good one Looks like things are getting worse day by day!

Looks like its all a lost cause . No one is bothered to do anything about it - not the politicians - and definitely not the cops !
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:46   #752
BHPian

Default Re: Mugging in Bangalore roads - be careful! EDIT: More Incidents reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And the great Bangalore Police cannot catch them.
Guess there are no one who is ready to file an FIR against those guys. Even if someone pulls them to court, what would be the max punishment? May be couple of years and they will be back to business again.

As someone suggested earlier, best bet would be to increase the awareness on such incidents among drivers and local people.

At the same time, increased awareness will give this idea to some more such gangs .
bijuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:19   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Guess there are no one who is ready to file an FIR against those guys. Even if someone pulls them to court, what would be the max punishment? May be couple of years and they will be back to business again.
On what basis are you saying there is no one willing to register an FIR?

The FACT is that no one is willing to take any action. No the cops, not the politicians and that's perfect recipe for thugs and thieves to grow their "businesses"!

Quote:
As someone suggested earlier, best bet would be to increase the awareness on such incidents among drivers and local people.
How will that help?
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 07:43   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Guess there are no one who is ready to file an FIR against those guys.
In the resent past 2 employees in my organization had filled FIR about the incident.
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:56   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
How will that help?
So that if they see something like this on road, they understand it's mugging game going on and not support the muggers?

Anyways, here is an incident I faced last week.

I went out for regular marketing and on the narrow road I see a kid trying to cross the road with the help of a speed breaker. I stop my car completely and allow the kid to cross but suddenly he pounced on my car and tried to lay half of his body on my boot. I have a pretty powerful horn so I blow and then he crossed my car and laid down on the road putting his left arm just before my car's front wheel I lowered down my windows to see if this guy is deflating my tyre but no he was not. He had some other plans in mind I guess and since my car was completely stationary his plan did not work out.

I take my head out and shout at him asking what was he trying to do. The kid probably did not understand hindi and started showing he was hurt on his leg, started limping. This went for 2-3 minutes and by this time people coming from the opposite side had to stop too and were watching the drama. The moment the kid started limping I understood this is a mugging plan and got out of my car to catch hold of him. I was sure if I left, some guys would come on a bike and play the same game. So, I did not make the mistake of leaving. The moment I got out all the impatient people in the world started honking behind me and gave me no chance to catch the kid.

I parked my car at the side, got down and tried chasing the kid but he ran faster than me I got back, got my sabji bhaaji and while returning stopped there too, could not spot the kid again.

This happened in an area named "islampur" and am sure most of you would have never even heard about it:-P
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:07   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
So that if they see something like this on road, they understand it's mugging game going on and not support the muggers?

Anyways, here is an incident I faced last week.
This is terrifying, Googleman- since this is the place you go for marketing, I conclude this is a familiar place to you.

At the same time, I am not sure your decision to run after the kid would have been helpful. Don't you think there is another chance that people would have confronted you once you are out of the car?
animdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:21   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas View Post
This is terrifying, Googleman- since this is the place you go for marketing, I conclude this is a familiar place to you.

At the same time, I am not sure your decision to run after the kid would have been helpful. Don't you think there is another chance that people would have confronted you once you are out of the car?
Am not quite familiar with that road. I was in search of something special and one of my friend told I will get it there. I went there for the first time.

No, I wanted people to confront me at the spot itself. I could prove myself innocent then, rather running away for nothing and let the muggers create a scene at a different spot where people didn't have any idea what happened.

I was more shocked with the kid's behavior. He literally laid down on the road putting his hand just before the wheel. No matter how alert he was to remove it on time, Why would someone want to take that kind of risk?
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:52   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am not quite familiar with that road. I was in search of something special and one of my friend told I will get it there. I went there for the first time.
That is not a good locality to go alone and experience something like this. We used to go there few years back to get that something special, but we always go as a group.
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:15   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That is not a good locality to go alone and experience something like this. We used to go there few years back to get that something special, but we always go as a group.
Point to be noted mylord, but after a bullying incident on bike I have some special contacts who can reach the place in 15 minutes and beat the hell out of such muggers

Bengalooru is not very safe for "sober" kinds you know you got to change yourself according to the surrounding.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:32   #760
BHPian

Quote:
This happened in an area named "islampur" and am sure most of you would have never even heard about it:-P
Interesting to note, and thanks for sharing. I thought this place was relatively safe. I traveled at really odd times as well. Will be careful.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 17:49   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ehhmmph....
OT...
May I know what is that "something special" ?
animdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:31   #762
BHPian

Quote:
I have some special contacts who can reach the place in 15 minutes and beat the hell out of such muggers
I'm not sure it's good or bad for you.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:25   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I'm not sure it's good or bad for you.
Why is that so? If I may ask?
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:48   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
In the resent past 2 employees in my organization had filled FIR about the incident.
Can you double check this and PM me the police station name where the case has been registered? Any additional details on the specific case also would help.
bijuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 14:40   #765
BHPian

A friend of mine who was similarly mugged and robbed in Sarjapur of his valuables by probably the same gang, received a call yesterday from the cops saying that a gang has been caught. They have asked him to come to the police station to identify if his valuables were among those confiscated by the cops. Will provide further updates after he returns from the police station.

Hope this puts an end to this menace once and for all.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote