Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd June 2010, 21:16   #106
BHPian

I would say that you did the right thing buddy. You lost Rs.2500, but you got out from the situation unhurt and didn't have to go to police station. if you had gone to the police station, they might try to get more money from you - its bangalore !!
Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:31   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Lot of conversation and finally they agreed for 2500 RS which i paid them and left.
With all due respect and its your money and without taking pot shots at anyone particular I would like to say a few things:

I was not there so I can't assume how bad things were.

But if you had the documentation correct and did not
break any other law then you have the upper hand.

I carry a steering lock and would have come out with it and told them
that this is the second time this is happening to me and I have inforrmed the Police numbers whilst inside the car and I bloody well know what you are upto. You have to be aggressive by words and body language enough to send them a message that you have been mugged before and you are educated now to take the next steps.

Of these buggers mostly all are new and just companions to the older one or two experienced guys. Once the noobs start shaking patellas, the work is half done.
Then start walking to the nearest police station and let them follow.

Don't start shouting for help as it will attract local language/ localite sympathy and you would be losing more than what you bargained for.

Once you start walking at the most they can do some damage to the car.

Really depends on person to person. For some giving money and letting it be is fine. But thats encouragement for the other muggers. Fighting it and not having a bad taste in the end is what some would prefer.

Is it easy for me to say ? Hell no. I have been asked for unnecessary compensation before, for something I did not do. I walked upto the Pune University gate Police station and the 2 morons abused me and left the scene as I was about to enter the police station.
If I were to be with Family and fewer male members then paying is the best way out. If I am alone I am not going down w/o a fight. Period.

Disclaimer: This is no way related to any member.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:44   #108
Team-BHP Support

@akas_chauhan

What was the exact location in HSR Layout?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:49   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Now police said you have out state vehicle, you will be in trouble if police take your car.
Now that is complete nonsensical. Not you, but the cop.

Driving an out-stationed vehicle is not a crime If you go to police, max you have to do is pay the road tax. This is in favour only, why to pay it in instalments to the muggers and goons.
Ranjan Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:56   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@akas_chauhan

Yes where exactly in HSR? Seems scary since I stay in HSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Driving an out-stationed vehicle is not a crime If you go to police, max you have to do is pay the road tax. This is in favour only, why to pay it in instalments to the muggers and goons.
I guess he meant that he would be at a disadvantage of not being a localite and have nothing to do with road tax as such.
Alter_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the cops were hand in hand with the goons.

Surprising that this incident took place at 7:30, that's too early for something like to happen.
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:59   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Yes where exactly in HSR? Seems scary since I stay in HSR.
Ok, Do you have an RX 100?

Quote:
I guess he meant that he would be at a disadvantage of not being a localite and have nothing to do with road tax as such.
Hmm... Maybe, but shouldn't we go back to check "Who" the guy was who got hurt?
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:03   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@akas_chauhan

It was one junction before aranya junction while coming from agara side.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:06   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Guys,

Not sure how one will check with the authencity of the phone number except by calling up the number, but then, will it be a smart move?
The number of Inspector Rajesh is correct. Google is your friend.
9448448833 - Google Search
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm... Maybe, but shouldn't we go back to check "Who" the guy was who got hurt?
My thoughts exactly.I guess since akas would have been stunned and anyone would be in such a situation.

But now since that we are all aware of the tactics I feel is that if someone faces this situation then its better to call up the numbers provided in the mail above since they are already aware of this gang its would be helpful for the victim concerned.Ask the biker gang that let police squad arrive and you will settle the financial dealing in their presence
And there is no point giving them money to get out of this sh!t as there is a very high probability that you would get into it again.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:15   #116
BHPian

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.I guess since akas would have been stunned and anyone would be in such a situation.

But now since that we are all aware of the tactics I feel is that if someone faces this situation then its better to call up the numbers provided in the mail above since they are already aware of this gang its would be helpful for the victim concerned.Ask the biker gang that let police squad arrive and you will settle the financial dealing in their presence
And there is no point giving them money to get out of this sh!t as there is a very high probability that you would get into it again.
I did ask him to go to hospital and pay the money after seeing the victim. But he was saying better to pay here or if he take me to hospital i've to pay more as he got other friends there.

I knew it was all crap, but tried to get out of situation.

Basically i go by 2 rules either be rude and dont give damn what will happen and 2nd be polite and get out of situation. I was in 2nd mode that day. I was not afraid of goons and paid the money, but wanted to get of situation without making much fuss. Hell i did not even call my friends nor any of my connection.

God knows what will happen if it happens 2nd time.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:20   #117
BANNED

Quote:
I did ask him to go to hospital and pay the money after seeing the victim. But he was saying better to pay here or if he take me to hospital i've to pay more as he got other friends there.

I knew it was all crap, but tried to get out of situation.

Basically i go by 2 rules either be rude and dont give damn what will happen and 2nd be polite and get out of situation. I was in 2nd mode that day. I was not afraid of goons and paid the money, but wanted to get of situation without making much fuss. Hell i did not even call my friends nor any of my connection.

If it happens again, say "I WONT PAY EVEN 1 RUPEE, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO".

Probably they will try to get physical.
Either you be quite and take 2 or 3 slaps and leave, or Keep a cane in your car and whack them hard.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:26   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Store phone numbers of t-bhpians residing close to your place.And in case such a situation occurs at least you will have some one for support.

But I am going to dial Inspector Rajesh's number first in case I get stuck in such a situation.Lets see how the police react.

Quote:
Keep a cane in your car and whack them hard.
LOL.

On a serious note do not get physical as then their claim would become a reality and indeed you will have to pay for injuring one of them
Getting physical is a strict NO NO.Things get out of control once the fists start talking.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:29   #119
BHPian

Thats really unfortunate akas_chauhan, however alert we be, somethings just happen. And loosing money/valuables is way better than being involved in a physical fight.

Ranjan, if the victim will take slaps, nothing will stop these people from hurting the victim even more. The criminals dont bother, as long as they get what they wanted. I am not advocating giving-in to these criminals, but just that its never (ever) good to get physical.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 2nd June 2010 at 22:30.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:42   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thats really unfortunate akas_chauhan, however alert we be, somethings just happen. And loosing money/valuables is way better than being involved in a physical fight.

Ranjan, if the victim will take slaps, nothing will stop these people from hurting the victim even more. The criminals dont bother, as long as they get what they wanted. I am not advocating giving-in to these criminals, but just that its never (ever) good to get physical.
I agree. Getting physical is the last option I meant.

Moreover, it depends on individuals. Don't get physical if you are not sure how to do it. Ultimately if you start the fight and get beaten black and blue, then no use starting it at all. Only fight if you are bold enough to handle it.

Trust me, even the biggest criminal calms down by one punch. It has to be right on the spot and loud enough to make him understand 'Boss, no messing with me'.

But again, I don't suggest everyone to get into it. Only do it if you think you are man enough to NOT let anyone snatch your property away from you just because they think they are stronger.

It sure looks ugly educated people fighting on road like illiterates, but as I said, it is the LAST option.