Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd June 2010, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
AFAIK its the fault of the Wagon R in your case. He was either at a high speed or following you very closely. I have read somewhere on T-Bhp itself. What happens in front of you is your responsibility. If you are rear ended then its the responsibility of the other driver as he had not allowed enough braking space while driving.
>>> Absolutely correct. I have been rear ended by less than careful drivers ( in situations where I had to brake quickly to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me because it had stopped suddenly) and have told the offender at the back that it was his fault.

The reasons are simple : the vehicle at the rear has to maintain enough distance in order to stop safely if the vehicle in front has to make an emergency stop. This is valid for all speeds, especially at high speeds, where the possibility of being rear ended is very high.

I do this on an every day basis negotiating the unpredictable and unruly traffic in Mumbai's suburbs.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote