Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 25th October 2005, 18:59   #1
bhp
BHPian

Default mumbai - bangalore

guys i am going to bangalore by road next month . i avoid night driving so it takes me 2 days to reach banaglore . i have already been by road self driven 2 times before and i have always taken a night stay in kolhapur which is not exactly the half way . if i stay at kolhapur the second day of driving becomes a lil hectic . mumbai 2 kolhapur is 400 kms and frm kolhapur to bangalore is 610 kms . i wanted to know wheather there are any nice hotels to stay by the highway in belgaum which is somewat half the way to the mumbai - bangalore route so that i dont have to stress myself to drive a lot on the second day of the tour . i need some suggestions and help frm bhpians . and anyone being travelled lately how s the roads after rains in karnataka state . thanks for the help guysss
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2005, 20:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude. I'm probably gonna be in Hubli next month (which is on the way and pretty close to Belgaum). Do let me know when you make this trip. I can meet you in Hubli (guessing that you might take the Hubli-Dharwar bypass).

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hai Shan,

You can think of stopping at Hubli. Last year on my way back from Bangalore - Ahmedabad, I broke off at Hubli, Pune & Silvasa. We drive nice n easy about 400-500 Km/day in day time and enjoy the scenary. The Hotel at Hubli Trupti International, Laxmi Comleex, Club Road, Ph: 0836 2253201 is nice n clean, charges about 800/- net for a double A/C room.

Have Fun.....

-- Ramky.
==========
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 10:53   #4
BHPian

Bhp,

there are some really nice hotels in Belgaum. cant remember the names, but very reasonable and clean hotels.

Dont go too much in the city, as it takes a while getting out in the mornings again.
Rishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 12:37   #5
BHPian

Hey bhp,

You will get plenty of hotels in Belgaum along the national highway. There are well known hotels like "Hanuman" & "Ramdev". Just ask for the route and if you dont get place in these hotels, there are few more in the same area.

Hope that helps.

Selective
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 20:28   #6
bhp
BHPian

thanks a lot guys for the info . i am sure it will help .
@shan2nu i will surely try and catch up with u . will pm u my no .
Old 28th October 2005, 12:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Hotel at Hubli Trupti International, Laxmi Comleex, Club Road, Ph: 0836 2253201 is nice n clean, charges about 800/- net for a double A/C room.
Hey BHP, if you don't mind stopping at Hubli, this is a nice place to stay. There's another hotel right next to my house called Swathi.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2005, 14:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Night driving is not advisable.
What you can do is-- Leave Early Morning at 4.30am. Have breakfast near Satara at7.30. Lunch at Belgaum at 12.30-1.00 and tea break at hubli or davangiri at 5.30. You wont realise but you will be in Bangalore 8.30pm. latest 9.00 pm. The roads are mostly very good. its better to reach destination and get used to the bed than to struggle a night midway. You need to have a person who can also drive in short spells at least.
I've done this Very early starts very often and it really takes me to destination much Quicker than anticipated.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2005, 17:51   #9
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05
Night driving is not advisable.
What you can do is-- Leave Early Morning at 4.30am. Have breakfast near Satara at7.30. Lunch at Belgaum at 12.30-1.00 and tea break at hubli or davangiri at 5.30. You wont realise but you will be in Bangalore 8.30pm. latest 9.00 pm. The roads are mostly very good. its better to reach destination and get used to the bed than to struggle a night midway. You need to have a person who can also drive in short spells at least.
I've done this Very early starts very often and it really takes me to destination much Quicker than anticipated.
my mom and my younger sister are travelling with me so i am the only person who s driving all the way and my mom is a strict no-no to reach such a long distance in one day stressing out so much . thx anyways
Old 2nd November 2005, 20:56   #10
BHPian

Hey BHP,

Have fun and safe journey. And do let us know about your driving experience and the road conditions too! I will be doing Bangalore - Belgaum - Nippani soon. So I am waiting for your report :-)

Selective
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 21:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hey BHP, if you don't mind stopping at Hubli, this is a nice place to stay. There's another hotel right next to my house called Swathi.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Shan2nu

Why dont you be a host for a day instead of asking him to go to that neighbourhood hotel Swati???
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 02:04   #12
BHPian

I would suggest you to stop at belgaum on your trip to bangalore ! as its like a good place to stay and is nearly half way to bangalore . and yes , we are all waiting for your report after you come back from bangalore. Have fun and have a safe trip !

P.S - i suggest u stay at belgaum in the night only if you wanna reach there in 2 days.
varun_patra is offline   Reply With Quote