Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th June 2010, 07:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Hit and Run in Lalbagh Car Parking

Guys,

Wanted to share you all a sad experience in Lalbagh. Last saturday, my family visited Lalbagh for a leisure evening and parked the car in authorized parking area. While returning around 5:30PM, saw a full packed Silver Qualis taking reverse without any decipline and hit a Golden NHC on its front left corner. NHC had some serious impact but its owners were not around. This TN registered Qualis was driven by a middle aged guy, he just looked back and zoomed away. I was in my car, tried to block him and report to security. But you know what happened? Security guy was a dumb, he told me he wont understand anything apart from Kannada (I tried English, Hindi and Tamil with all best efforts of gesture) and asked me to move on and allow other vehicles to exit. Cops were there but very busy in collecting their weekend fund, so not bothered to hear me call out .

If anyone knows this poor NHC owner, do PM me. I have the resgistration number of the Qualis if they would want to log a complaint.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 09:22   #2
BHPian

That's really sad. But I'm not surprised to know that Qualis is a TN registered car, such scenes are very common in Chennai
ImranShahnawaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 09:38   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys,

Wanted to share you all a sad experience in Lalbagh. Last saturday, my family visited Lalbagh for a leisure evening and parked the car in authorized parking area. While returning around 5:30PM, saw a full packed Silver Qualis taking reverse without any decipline and hit a Golden NHC on its front left corner. NHC had some serious impact but its owners were not around. This TN registered Qualis was driven by a middle aged guy, he just looked back and zoomed away. I was in my car, tried to block him and report to security. But you know what happened? Security guy was a dumb, he told me he wont understand anything apart from Kannada (I tried English, Hindi and Tamil with all best efforts of gesture) and asked me to move on and allow other vehicles to exit. Cops were there but very busy in collecting their weekend fund, so not bothered to hear me call out .

If anyone knows this poor NHC owner, do PM me. I have the resgistration number of the Qualis if they would want to log a complaint.

Hi,
I wish there are more good souls like you around.

tnx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 10:31   #4
BHPian

May be you should have left a note on the damaged car with a short message and your contact number. I'd be happy to know that these idiots are traced and taken care of.
sureshaddagalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
May be you should have left a note on the damaged car with a short message and your contact number. I'd be happy to know that these idiots are traced and taken care of.
Yeah! I should have done that. But in my fly to stop the Qualis, went out of Lalbagh gate .
Old 7th June 2010, 13:46   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good work there jacs. But please don't proceed trying to stop these kinds of jerks. If he has banged a honda city and is fleeing, he wouldn't mind banging you on the way out.
Rather it's better that you stay behind and post a note on the honda about what happened along with your contact details and the qualis vehicles registration number.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:52   #7
BHPian

I have a dent on our Esteem due a similar incident like this. Also have some dents from parked bikes falling over. But the worst are when the parked car next to you opens the doors wide and causes a noticable dent. Such dents are unavoidable in bombay traffic.

Feeling sorry for the ANHC guy. He must be furious. I have observed that more and more people are adopting this attitude. They just dont care for other's things
benzinblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Yeah! I should have done that. But in my fly to stop the Qualis, went out of Lalbagh gate .
@jacs : great efforts mate. I can understand the frustration of inability to help.
If you noted the reg. number of the Honda City, it can be traced out via RTO agents. Otherwise keep an eye, you may find the same car in Lalbaug if the car owner visits regularly.
Ravindra M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 13:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

I know it can get frustrating. Have seen it happen a couple of times.

Once, when we were getting into Lifestyle mall, the one next to Saffire Toys Store, we were standing behind an SX4, waiting to get into the basement. The cars were being valet parked and ahead of the SX4 was a Swift. The owner of the SX4 gave the keys and left. And as soon as he did so, the valet guy was trying to move the Swift forward, but since it was a slope, rolled back and crashed into the SX4, and there was quite a sound.

They did not even bother and continued moving the car. I stepped out and ran behind and alerted the owner, who came and inspected. Thankfully nothing much happened, excpet for some scratches. But, no sure what happened next, but he seemed to have demanded compensation on whatever.

So, the sad thing in this case is that 95% of the time, no one is gonna tell you they hit your car.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 14:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your encouraging words. If I had a good presence of mind, I should have let the Qualis go and could have informed the NHC guy. Thats were I am worried, anyways its a word of caution for all of us. Authorities are charging Rs10 per vehicle but not providing any security service at all!
Old 7th June 2010, 15:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

I got a good lesson to do next, when I witness such an incident.
@Jacs - the charges are rental for parking & not for protecting them. Some of the malls have slightly more than average parking charges, even in those cases, they note down the registration number of the vehicle that has caused the damage & let them go. Its upto the damaged vehicle's owner who should keep tracing. Worst part is that, by the time things are in court, you'll be unable to trace the witness (the guard in the parking lot). May be security camera can help, but not sure to what extend for a paint loss or scratch in the bumper.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 16:34   #12
BHPian

I think its just the attitude of the security guards/policemen present there. Most of them dont even bother about such incidents.

Just OT:
There was this KL vehicle which was speeding from Bilikere to Mysore. Very rash driving so to say. The driver just kissed two vehicles which had families travelling.
I just chased them till the first Mysore signal. Got down and caught the driver. Called the near by police to explain the rash driving. You know what? The police guy said "these guys are local we will handle them". Justs it.

All my energy of chasing them was waste and i was looked like a fool.

Sorry for off-topic.

Why shouldn't we have private police?
blackstallion76 is offline   Reply With Quote