Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 8th June 2010, 13:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
How much air pressure do you normally keep in your tyres?

28 PSI is what i kept in them, but still how can tyres be the culprit?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

If your brakes cannot stop you in the rain at 30KMPH, you have a serious problem in your hand my friend.

If the tyres did not lock up and you did not feel ABS activating and yet there was no brake force even if you went pedal to the floor, you need to check your hydraulics. There might be air in the system or the master cylinder/brake booster/slave cylinder might have problems. How are you brake pads? I guess you only use OE stuff, no Taiwanese junk. Are your brake discs in good shape?

And you're misunderstanding Nikhil.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:57   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

You are completely misunderstanding me. You are taking it waaaay too personally. I will not take offence to your remarks because you are understandably upset.

And I'm doing a "post mortem" just to understand the situation better. It may help you and many others as well in the future.

what tyres are you running on your car? Which size and what tyre in the front and the back?

As far as I recall, you are running some Goodyear tyres. Correct me if I am wrong.

@Immortalz --- I havent been following Pramod's other thread, but has he got ABS fitted as an aftermarket option? As far as I know the Lancer didnt come with ABS.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 8th June 2010 at 13:58.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 14:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
If your brakes cannot stop you in the rain at 30KMPH, you have a serious problem in your hand my friend.

If the tyres did not lock up and you did not feel ABS activating and yet there was no brake force even if you went pedal to the floor, you need to check your hydraulics. There might be air in the system or the master cylinder/brake booster/slave cylinder might have problems. How are you brake pads? I guess you only use OE stuff, no Taiwanese junk. Are your brake discs in good shape?

And you're misunderstanding Nikhil.

Arun,

Thanks for pointing out, recently while doing up the suspension they cleaned the pads and disk, they also topped up the break fluid, i too feel some issue in the line as i blead the breaks close to 7k kms back, they were fine and usually used to get locked up but this was like having no breaks at all,

No i did not misunderstand anyone, the truth i didnt understand at all, i am like a naive child who need proper explanations which will convince him. By simply saying "new tyres need not be good tyres" or saying " i hope you know the difference between hard compound and soft compound" Doesn't make any sense to me, so kindly enlighten me.

@Nihkil no offenses ment. Just saw your post, the size is 205 50R15 one is good year and the rest are michlins, No i do not have ABS, and yes i would like to know what went wrong.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 8th June 2010 at 14:04.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:05   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Please do tell me what tyres you are using.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
28 PSI is what i kept in them, but still how can tyres be the culprit?

Pramod
28psi seems right enough. What is your tyre spec?
I asked because over inflated tyres can also cause inefficient braking, even if they have all the tread one can get.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 14:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please do tell me what tyres you are using.
Some mich energy series the atre not rotation ones but they do have an inside outside and have asymetric tread pattern, i have to check. sorry i have a very poor memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
28psi seems right enough. What is your tyre spec?
I asked because over inflated tyres can also cause inefficient braking, even if they have all the tread one can get.
True, the goodyear one is an old one and has a tube in it as the alloy had a bent, the readings mey be ilttle wrong there but almost what i said, 28PSI, the tyre size is 205 50 R15

Pramod
Old 8th June 2010, 14:26   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Please do post pics of the tyre or at least the correct name.

I did notice that you are using a Goodyear Eagle in your rear left.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I will post i get the delivery tomorrow, BTW the tyre on the left front is wrongly put, its inside out(not literaly ), i have a strong right pull, which i had with the old steel wheel as well but when i took the car for alignment post suspension fix, the right tyre was a little low profile that the other 3(my stephney is of a different size), But after fixing the puncture on the orignal tyre and putting it back the right pull started, the new addition is causing a strong right pull and the tyres seems to follow the profile of the road most of the time. Need help here.

Pramod
Old 8th June 2010, 17:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Michelin MFX Sport (pics) x2 is what i have in the front one goodyear eagle and one dunlop sp sports is what i have in the rear, this a temporary setup till i buy another new pair for the front and the current new ones will go in the rear and the rear ones will go as spare.

Pramod