Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 5th July 2010, 15:59   #16
BHPian

There is a similar drive happening in Hyderabad for the number plates. The reason that cops had published in the newspaper before the initiating the drive was that its difficult to read the numbers in the pictures taken by the cameras at the traffic signals of the offending vehicles that have numbers written in non-prescribed formats or in wrong colors (Black plate with golden / white lettering) etc. And hence, they were not able to post the e-challans to the right people / offenders.

Even since then, even I have been skeptical about getting pull over someday for having Team-BHP sticker on my number plates.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 16:18   #17
BHPian

I din't know even hyd cops started this drive. I've been sporting team-bhp sticker on my front number plate. Looks like I need to get my rear number plate back in it's place, I'm driving my ride since 1 year without my rear numberplate
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 16:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hahaha. That sounds like best way not to get booked for stickers on the number plate!.
Whenever a cop stops, you can pretend "Its just fallen off somewhere Sir. That idiot mechanic didn't screw it in right Sir. Sorry Sir, I will fix it now Sir and I am straight going to the garage Sir." Would that fly with Hyd cops?
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 17:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

The drive is massive. I have utsav no plates, so no probs. I really do not like putting even a single sticker on my car anywhere. Whenever after service a dealer tries to put his sticker in my car, I ask him to pay Rs. 500 for the free publicity that I am doing for him as a print ad campaign on the rear windscreen.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have utsav no plates, so no probs. I really do not like putting even a single sticker on my car anywhere.
The utsav plates are so good to look at that I don't like to stick anything on to the plates. I would strongly recommend utsav number plates to everyone as their service & their products are excellent. This way, we can be double sure on the standards being adhered to law.

Quote:
Whenever after service a dealer tries to put his sticker in my car, I ask him to pay Rs. 500 for the free publicity that I am doing for him as a print ad campaign on the rear windscreen.
That's a great idea; anyway, my service guy is smart enough to remove it off seeing my face expression on the sticker behind my car.

Last edited by aargee : 5th July 2010 at 22:27.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:37   #21
BHPian

OT : What are these utsav plates? Can somebody post a pic of it in here please?
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
OT : What are these utsav plates? Can somebody post a pic of it in here please?
Utsav is a company that provides High Security Registration Plates. Check out www.utsav.co.in for more details.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 23:15   #23
BHPian

And what about all the "Govt Of India" stickers on the cars with a laal batti?
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 06:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Probably we should read through the motor vehicle acts for the number plate.

I am sure it would have provision for having this for the specified cadre and above in govt.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

I pulled out the dealers stickers from my number plate right in front of them, not because I knew it was illegal but I was so pissed at them. Lol. But good that DP is finally waking up to the finer nuances of the law. When will they start prosecuting the hooters and beacon lights?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

OT Is there a authorised script for number plates. I mean can i write them in any indian language? I do see vehicles with hindi in UP, kannada in Karnataka, etc but is it authorised. What if a kannada number plate veh is driven in UP and vise versa. The cops will have no idea of the actual number defeating the very purpose of a numberplate.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 12:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The drive is massive. I have utsav no plates, so no probs. I really do not like putting even a single sticker on my car anywhere. Whenever after service a dealer tries to put his sticker in my car, I ask him to pay Rs. 500 for the free publicity that I am doing for him as a print ad campaign on the rear windscreen.
Where can we get utsav no plates in Delhi (South Delhi). I need one for my Beat. It's rear number plate has got Metro Chevy written.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Where can we get utsav no plates in Delhi (South Delhi). I need one for my Beat. It's rear number plate has got Metro Chevy written.

Cheers!

Vinu
There is a phone number on the website, try calling them.
f1head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:18   #29
BHPian

This is a welcome move by the Delhi Police. I wish the police in other states woke up and took action against ALL violations of the MV Act.
gopal.prabhu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
From what I remember, the number plate should have only the numbers in prescribed fonts and sizes.

The 'government' part should be in a separate board. I also remember that it should have a department mentioned rather than just as 'government'.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote