Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th January 2013, 09:46   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore Mirror Article - Stickers on Cars

If the placement of the sticker is illegal then all our team BHP stickers are illegal as well. If it is not what the heck happened to freedom of expression! It is a persons opinion, obviously he is wrong though.
PhiGolden is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 10:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
If it is not what the heck happened to freedom of expression! It is a persons opinion, obviously he is wrong though.
Freedom of expression doesn't mean saying demeaning/racist/sexist things in public. One wouldn't go scot free by saying "your mother is xxxx " and claiming that it's just a personal opinion. This example is an exaggeration, but hope, it explains the point.

And I wonder, why so many T-BHPians are complaining about how others break rules (Govt. vehicles/cops etc). Why can't we simply follow rules and law? Why do we have to point to those, who are breaking law all the time? Who are we comparing ourselves against? Beats me. Or may be I am just too old fashioned here.
RX135 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 10:12   #48
BHPian

I don't think there is any law against putting stickers on your car. Only thing is you should not put it on the registration plate. Or in a way such that your registration plate is not visible/obstructed.

This guys may have an offensive/sexist sticker but he has the right for expression. Last thing you want is the cops/"senior" bureaucrats/tabloids turning into moral police.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 10:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
And I wonder, why so many T-BHPians are complaining about how others break rules (Govt. vehicles/cops etc). Why can't we simply follow rules and law? Why do we have to point to those, who are breaking law all the time? Who are we comparing ourselves against? Beats me. Or may be I am just too old fashioned here.
What is the rule that is broken here? Humour always has victim, either self or some one else. Every one who puts a joke on his car cannot be jailed.

I agree to the point that some one else breaking the rule cannot be an excuse for every one else, though irrelevant in this case.
PhiGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
If the placement of the sticker is illegal then all our team BHP stickers are illegal as well.
I think you inferred it in the negative.
Team BHP stickers are not to be sticked on the number plate.
As NPV has mentioned, there is more than enough space available on the vehicles to place these stickers, without breaking any laws. (Re quoting NPV's point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
My opinion/suggestion is to avoid using stickers on the number/registration plate itself, after all you have so much more real estate all around the vehicle to use the stickers!
sarathlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 13:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a post on BTP website, they found the errant Qualis. The cab driver it seems had already removed the stickers and was let off with a warning.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote