Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th July 2010, 15:08   #31
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What? How is this even possible? Isn't breaking or damaging public property considered illegal? But how does one construct the tar road based hump? I don't understand as why people would do this in front of thier houses? I find this hard to believe as the neighbours themselves will object to this.
Initially they used to dig up the road near their home entrance so that vehicles slow down. Then they started making humps. I won't be surprised if they decide to come with spike strips next.
MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 15:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
this is should apply to illegal "Humps" also.
Every Tom Dick and Harry puts up a speed breaker in front of his house for the sake of his convenience.

Totally agree with this, The road behind my house and in front of my house houses police officers, and there are two huge speed breakers on both the roads, though the roads are only as wide as 2 cars
amith.2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I won't be surprised if they decide to come with spike strips next.

I wouldn't be surprised on this MX6; the height will be when one has a toll both setup in front of his house. Hope that day is not too far with the prevailing chaos.

Anyway, back to hump topic, has anyone seen such back breakers in military or central govt area? I've seen good speed breakers but not breakers.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:00   #34
BHPian

Thank God, at least someone has admitted this and taken an initiative to fix it..I guess the few humps which were removed near HAL Helicopter division on Old Airport road are part of this initiative.

Cheers Ö
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:33   #35
BHPian

Un scientific road humps have to be removed , its a good initiative . Will help my back a lot..

But the problem in our country is that either we over do or do not do at all. Hope inner roads with residential places around are excluded. It might seriously boost the spirits of drunken/ignorant driving. If you take the example of BMEL to Vignannagar, the only reason why people are not knocked during late evenings is that the humps are so close to speed up !!!
rageshbhaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 15:58   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

As soon as one takes a left at Sahakarnagar/Kodigehalli Signal on New Airport Road all the way to Thindlu Circle, 4 speedbreakers have been removed. The authorities have only retained those which were laid as per guidelines (the scientific speedbreakers acting as pedestrian crossings as well). For a 4 Kms stretch there were 14 speedbreakers including a pair at the railway crossing.

I have to admit, When I first saw a speedbreaker removed at one place on this stretch, I then wondered as to why there a speedbreaker in that place at all when one side of the road was a compound wall running longer(no humans at all) and the other side was the "Chairman's Club".

Can you bet that. If anyone who travels on this stretch now looks back at the place where the speedbreaker existed, he for sure will wonder why it existed for a Social Club???

But I am somehow sure that the speedbreakers on the Road behind EC to Bannerghatta and the Jail Road will never be removed due to public pressure.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th July 2010 at 16:02.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 03:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But I am somehow sure that the speedbreakers on the Road behind EC to Bannerghatta and the Jail Road will never be removed due to public pressure.
Its good if it is that way. Only locals will know if there is a pain with people driving rashly or motorbikes being riden on one wheel. If there are small children spilling on the streets every now and then. Yes for law abiding and sane drivers speed brakes every now and then is a pain.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote