|View Poll Results: shall we (BHPians) do it ?|
|I strongly agree for the oath and for sure follow it||5||83.33%|
|I agree but i dont think i can follow it||1||16.67%|
|I disagree as i dont like to follow it||0||0%|
|I strongly disagree as i cannot bother for others||0||0%|
|Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll|
| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|19th July 2010, 13:52||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore \ Singara Chennai
Thanked: 103 Times
an oath of allegiance
I drove to Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai on 17th July, I was thinking that why do we get provoked by bad drivers.
There are reasons identified by me
1. People drive without knowing the blind spots
2. Bad drivers who never care for others
3. Dumping lot of toys inside rear windshield for being blindfold
4. No RVM / ORVM set in place.
After these things still i do not want to blame the truckers and the goods carriers as we all know that they are yet to learn (sometimes they learn from mistakes only)
I like to take an oath as
1. I do not shift lanes without seeing the vehicles behind me
2. I do not shift lanes without signalling
3. I do not expect courtesy unless i do a courteous driving.
I believe this is not a bad thing to discuss in the forum.
I am expecting BHPians to take a simple oath (which will definitely change the traffic sense among public) and "be the change which we want to see in India"