Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 31st July 2010, 21:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Street Scene Trichy

I had been to Trichy ie., Tiruchi ie., Tiruchirappaally in Tamil Nadu last week for a couple of days and was on the roads in Trichy on my work related stuff.

I had a glimpse of Trichy roads and I thought I would put it in here.

One thing I noticed was in all the 4 lane NH 7 many motorists and bikers show scant respect to keep-to-their-side regime. Many vehicles coming through the wrong lanes were seen. Even saw a ready mix concrete tanker taking a left U turn coming from the wrong lane and turning to the wrong lane causing total confusion to the oncoming traffic. A sumo and a logan travelling ahead of my cab had to take evasive action and the tanker driver was doing this as if it is the way to drive.

See the car coming in the wrong side. Very dangerous driving indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
Street Scene Trichy-dsc00432.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st July 2010 at 21:27.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 22:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Also came to see a white very well maintained RJ regn.Alto Vx1.1.
Attached Thumbnails
Street Scene Trichy-dsc00409.jpg  

Street Scene Trichy-dsc00410.jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 21:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

This problem exists wherever some sections of the highway are yet to be commissioned - and even otherwise,violators are many.They put their lights on and deem it their right to move on the wrong side.

All that one can do is to be extremely careful.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

They are doing it even on the fully completd Chennai highway (NH7).
I saw all types of vehicles violating the basic norm of sticking to the left. Perhaps they thinj that are sticking to the left but on the wrong (Right) group of lanes.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:51   #5
BHPian

Default Its on NH45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
They are doing it even on the fully completd Chennai highway (NH7).
I saw all types of vehicles violating the basic norm of sticking to the left. Perhaps they thinj that are sticking to the left but on the wrong (Right) group of lanes.
that is one small stretch where you have photographed. at present there is a ongoing dispute regarding no service lane and the highway guys have blocked a major entry point in that place which houses the famous railway workshop.
hopefully this would be sorted out soon so that each one can drive in their own respective lanes
benzbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 22:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

I came across a number of FIAT/Premier Padminis. One could see a lot of them in the BHEL township at Kailasapuram.

Also saw three cars parked on the road side probably for sale.

Some pictures are posted below.
Attached Thumbnails
Street Scene Trichy-dsc00421.jpg  

Street Scene Trichy-dsc00433.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 23:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I had a glimpse of Trichy roads and I thought I would put it in here.

One thing I noticed was in all the 4 lane NH 7 many motorists and bikers show scant respect to keep-to-their-side regime. Many vehicles coming through the wrong lanes were seen. Even saw a ready mix concrete tanker taking a left U turn coming from the wrong lane and turning to the wrong lane causing total confusion to the oncoming traffic. A sumo and a logan travelling ahead of my cab had to take evasive action and the tanker driver was doing this as if it is the way to drive.

See the car coming in the wrong side. Very dangerous driving indeed.
This is pretty common in almost every city now. And almost prevailant in places where traffic is scarce. About villages, lets not even go there. Traffic cops there are there to handle things when there a bandobast for a VIP thats it.

But the photo of the oncoming SUV you captured is very dangerous. On some highways I have seen people using the wrong direction albiet the extreme left where there are few people.

When I did HYD - BLR you are on the correct side on the road when you are close to the divider. If you are on the left side of the lane then be prepared for locals coming at you. Just to save a few minutes people do not realise how much they are risking.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote