Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 17th November 2005, 10:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sad, really sad.

and yes, i feel we don't care about anybody's life there....dunno what else we have on mind. That dude wanted to save time, money, show energy, what else?

Have seen people doing stunts to get out of a traffic jam, doing stunts on highways at 100kmph+, autos coming straight in 2 wheelers line expecting them to screech, bus drivers (oh no, not again) just ignoring little lives on the road.

life is really cheap in this country. And I won't blame it on anybody because it's only us who have this impatience in our blood.

very difficult to explain it to the dude starting off at red signal when 5 seconds are still left.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 10:57   #17
BHPian

Unhappy

condolences to the family,
is this all we have to say, i agree not?
we have to take it in our own hands to try to let people know of what they are missing.
it ain't that hard, but it just would take some painful measures from our part.
okie, first things first.
what should we do, (it's definitely ok if we sympathise with the family, but we as reposible folks need to do more).
1) it's not impolite to ask a person to follow the rules but is it necessary for us to know the good things and follow them only if they are rules. So reminding people to take precationay measures all the time keeps even our sub-conscious awake all the time.
2) atleast we should make sure that we have all our co-passengers buckled up.
3) pillion or no pillion, it shouldn't matter, speeding or overspeeding in any place in our country is more dangerous than anywhere else, so guys when on a bike be a bit more cautious coz u never know how incompetent the other guys on the road are.
4) be patient (perseverance pays) even if the guy ahead of you is not letting you go, reaching the place 10-15 mins late is better than not reaching there at all.
5) if u really have to go or reach somewhere fast, start early.

some points that i thought would help.

PS: on an off-topic note
last monday, i was running a bit late to the office and was wavering through the traffic honking at people in front of me. it so happened that one guy who had been annoyed by my actions pulled right in front of me and stopped and gave me a real stare.
what did i do? i got out of the car and was ready to punch him right on the face. but i just controlled my anger and gave him a piece of my mind and he gave me his (luckily we didn't end up bashing each other).
what i should have done? got out of the car and give him a real good hug for letting me know that i was doing a wrong thing.
i thought of this as soon as he was out of sight.
has that changed my driving style, yes it has. now i seldom use the horn and stick to a lane however slow moving it is.
just think guys, we do lots of things unknowingly, but if only we let our good side out all the time, it would definitely be a better place.

have been really off-topic,
sorry about that,
ak

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 17th November 2005 at 10:58.
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 11:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Avinash, i agree with u. Self examination will help more than rage.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 14:15   #19
BHPian

Its very sad to see some people thing..who ever wearing helmets are cowards. One of my friend critizied me for becoming a coward after I start wearing the helmet. Well, I said to him, I am not a coward, I am ready to give my life to this nation or any other valid cause but not to roads.

Please wear helmets and seat belts ..where ever applicable.
prkothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 14:36   #20
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Its very sad to see some people thing..who ever wearing helmets are cowards. One of my friend critizied me for becoming a coward after I start wearing the helmet. Well, I said to him, I am not a coward, I am ready to give my life to this nation or any other valid cause but not to roads.

Please wear helmets and seat belts ..where ever applicable.
it's sad that people think that way.
wearing helmets and seat belts are cowardly actions, on the contrary it should come across as a very responsible act, which people seldom live to realise!
ak
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 17:13   #21
BHPian

really sad to read about that.even if that guy wasnt wearing a helmet,had 2 pillions and was in the wrong lane,such a thing should not have happened.i just hope that,since nothing else can be done in this case,other youngsters will take care not to make the same mistakes.but the sad part is certain people never learn.the worst part is some friends say they dont have the money to buy a helmet!!that means their life is not even worth the price of one helmet!!phew.
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 21:19   #22
BHPian

it's really sad to hear about his demise and hope the pillion who is serious,is recovering..
Well,I just HATE the system of formalities in Medical Accdent/Trauma emergency cases in India..
Being a medical student,I really value life,and DO my best,upto my capabilities to serve any casualties whenever i come across any.
I just hope the laws for medical emergency trama treatment changes..really really makes me sick to hear such cases..

sr

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th November 2005 at 22:07.
srasania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 22:33   #23
BANNED

My thoughts go out to the Family of those that lost their lives in this tragic way.
Having said that... the emergency service in this country sucks BIG TIME.
For those who might remember.. I reported an accident on the expressway where 3 people lost their lives.. because the emergency service took over 20 minutes to get to the accident site.
The people that didnt admit this kid into the hospital should have something similar done to someone they love and lets see how they feel about doing it again to the next poor victim that comes their way..
Truely a disgusting and sickening thing to happen..
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2005, 23:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't the rule called-off?!
I think it was called off. This is shocking because I really think the rule has been withdrawn.

I don't know how doctors can be so callous. "No Room' what kind of excuse is that! How the hell can a hospital or doctor refuse to treat anyone seriously injured. I don't know how those doctors went home and slept peacefully that night. Even if there is rule like that what can the cops do? Arrest the doctor for saving someones life? since when did that become a crime? It's unbelieveable how cheap life can be in India.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote