Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 13:21   #1576
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
For the benefit of a colleague, can someone post the details or a map of this Nande Chande route? If this has been posted earlier, would appreciate a link. we just want to know alternate route from Chandni chowk to HJW
Ho hum. The search functionality must be the least used option on this website

Fyi - Refer to this Post (Hinjewadi Traffic Issues) that has all route options with images.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 13:33   #1577
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
By the way SI, it does seem that accident spotting on NH4 to HJW has reduced. Looks like you are still in Bangalore
. Yeah. Im still in Bangalore. By the looks of it, shall be here till the end of the next month.
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area.
The latter is more likely!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 18:28   #1578
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,999 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Ho hum. The search functionality must be the least used option on this website
Thanks ninja, you are the google man for me now. at least for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area. The latter is more likely!
Good going saar, totally proud of you. I hope you bring back that stellar record here!
selfdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2012, 18:36   #1579
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 4,084
Thanked: 9,798 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Hardly spot accidents in Bangalore though. Either people drive safe, or i live in the middle of the middle of a remote area.
The latter is more likely!
Which part of Bangalore do you travel daily Swanand? That is more important
paragsachania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 11:04   #1580
BHPian
 
ironshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 107
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Ok. Guys, since the last 3-4 days, the Hinjewadi traffic for me has been a breeze (have been leaving home at peak hours of 9.15 am and still managed to reach Ph 1 from Chinchwad in 20 mins).

One thing I have STRONGLY observed over the last 3-4 days is the absence of Trucks, trolleys, cement trucks, JCB's etc. during these timings which has eased out the traffic a lot.

I think the traffic police might have restricted entry for such big and heavy vehicles during peak traffic hours.

So, is it just me or other Hinjewadians have also experienced the same?
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 11:08   #1581
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 42
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Ok. Guys, since the last 3-4 days, the Hinjewadi traffic for me has been a breeze (have been leaving home at peak hours of 9.15 am and still managed to reach Ph 1 from Chinchwad in 20 mins).

One thing I have STRONGLY observed over the last 3-4 days is the absence of Trucks, trolleys, cement trucks, JCB's etc. during these timings which has eased out the traffic a lot.

I think the traffic police might have restricted entry for such big and heavy vehicles during peak traffic hours.

So, is it just me or other Hinjewadians have also experienced the same?
Similar observation. Could it be the post-CM-visit effect
abhi8195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2012, 11:11   #1582
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Which part of Bangalore do you travel daily Swanand? That is more important
Agreed. That is the most important question.
The reason I dont spot accidents in Bangalore is because, I live in Manyata Residency, and work in Manyata Business Park. So, its walking distance from home to office .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
I think the traffic police might have restricted entry for such big and heavy vehicles during peak traffic hours.
There was a law, banning the heavy vehicles from entering/exiting HJW during peak hours.
This was passed more than a year ago. Probably, the authorities have started implementing it again.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 13:06   #1583
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I saw a large number of traffic cops on the road today, also some new signboards. Some more dignitaries coming to visit ?
Also saw an accident (semi-takeover of the mantle from Swanand). Involved a brand new "new Alto" , still garlanded and all, and a bike. The bike was being helped onto the divider by fellow motorists.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 13:14   #1584
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,641
Thanked: 1,999 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I saw a large number of traffic cops on the road today, also some new signboards. Some more dignitaries coming to visit ?
Is there a 'Da Hinje code' that so many so called dignitaries keep coming there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Also saw an accident (semi-takeover of the mantle from Swanand). Involved a brand new "new Alto" , still garlanded and all, and a bike. The bike was being helped onto the divider by fellow motorists.
Hope no casualties. Accidents have gone up since the rains a couple of days ago. Some more loose gravel on the roads, so be careful.
selfdrive is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 13:27   #1585
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Is there a 'Da Hinje code' that so many so called dignitaries keep coming there?


Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Hope no casualties. Accidents have gone up since the rains a couple of days ago. Some more loose gravel on the roads, so be careful.
The bike guy was down, but was talking, so probably no casualty. This happened directly opposite the Octroi collection post. The gravel has been removed and the road re-paved just yesterday, after some considerable widening, but on the other side. Hopefully,they will repair both sides.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 13:51   #1586
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I saw a large number of traffic cops on the road today, also some new signboards. Some more dignitaries coming to visit ?
Again? How many VIP's is HJW going to see? If these visits lead to something better in terms of infrastructure, then its worthwhile, but if it is just constituency visits, then no thank you!

Quote:
Also saw an accident (semi-takeover of the mantle from Swanand). Involved a brand new "new Alto" , still garlanded and all, and a bike. The bike was being helped onto the divider by fellow motorists.
Good to know that you've taken over the mantle from me. With me not being in town, accidents werent being reported! Im glad the job has gone to someone much more deserving

New Alto and bike? Eeks, doesnt sound good. Hope no one was injured.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:06   #1587
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default

Heavy heavy heavy rains out here. There is zero visibility on the highway. Currently just outside Hinjewadi area, once of the sign board has fallen on a tempo, causing a minor jam.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:11   #1588
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 785 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Heavy heavy heavy rains out here. There is zero visibility on the highway. Currently just outside Hinjewadi area, once of the sign board has fallen on a tempo, causing a minor jam.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2944272 (Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.)

Several hoardings have collapsed. All the hoardings you see in the pic I have posted are now in shreds..
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 15:30   #1589
BHPian
 
DueLLeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vashi / Navi Mumbai
Posts: 189
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Heavy heavy heavy rains out here. There is zero visibility on the highway. Currently just outside Hinjewadi area, once of the sign board has fallen on a tempo, causing a minor jam.
Strangely, DLF is all dry except for a few drops here and there. Yes, we saw (and felt) strong gusts and the weather easily dropping by 2-3 degrees. But no rain!
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 19:00   #1590
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 1,597
Thanked: 1,166 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Strangely, DLF is all dry except for a few drops here and there. Yes, we saw (and felt) strong gusts and the weather easily dropping by 2-3 degrees. But no rain!
Oh yes, we noticed that later once we moved ahead on the expressway. It was raining cats & dogs when we crossed the stretch between Hinjewadi flyover and Ravet, but then it suddenly just ended. By the time we reached the toll-gate, the roads were almost bone-dry!

@sajo,
Trust me the scene was way worse on the highway. It was almost zero visibility on the road, almost 90% of the cars had stopped on the side while the remaining 10% were going at a crawling pace.

But what was surprising that the weather changed within minutes. When @mikon and I left SB road, it was sunny. By the time we reached the highway at Baner it started drizzling; and it started pouring once we passed Hjw flyover; and while we crossed Ravet, it was over!

Edit: I wish I had taken a few pics. But I was busy posting on this thread at that time

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th October 2012 at 19:03.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Information About Hinjewadi, Pune kamat2004 Shifting gears 9 30th August 2016 15:35
Traffic Hacking : One driver improving traffic sandys Street Experiences 19 29th July 2016 20:04
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks