Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 16:09   #826
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,649
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Amit, today was the same! People have gone back to the old ways of driving on the wrong side of the road again. Such a pathetic sight to see.

On another note, though not directly relevant to this thread - there seems to be an increase in number of accidents in the DLF premises! Today saw a third accident in a span of 15 days. All of them involved cabbies .

When will people learn?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 16:52   #827
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
On another note, though not directly relevant to this thread - there seems to be an increase in number of accidents in the DLF premises! Today saw a third accident in a span of 15 days. All of them involved cabbies .

When will people learn?
I guess after coming through the gruelling traffic from Wakad to Hinjewadi Phase 2 the eyes must be lighting up looking at the wide open roads ahead. I hope the accidents were not something major and no casualties involved.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 10:50   #828
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,649
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The bad patch between Ph1 and Ph2 (between Wipro Ph2 and Tata Johnson) has finally been repaired! The potholes have all but vanished. Seems like, this weekend did see some activity on the repair front.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 09:45   #829
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Today after a long time (I guess first time post monsoons), took the village route (Sus Road-Chande). It seems some patchwork is going on, so didnt encounter any (yup!) potholes till Chande village. Chande to phase 3 will in shambles though and no signs of patchwork over there.
I suppose we need to wait for another month or two, before testing out this route again.
Though with no traffic and FRESH air, I liked the ride, sets up the mood for office.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 10:41   #830
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Today after a long time (I guess first time post monsoons), took the village route (Sus Road-Chande). It seems some patchwork is going on, so didnt encounter any (yup!) potholes till Chande village. Chande to phase 3 will in shambles though and no signs of patchwork over there.
I suppose we need to wait for another month or two, before testing out this route again.
Though with no traffic and FRESH air, I liked the ride, sets up the mood for office.
Thanks for the update Rahul. I think work on that stretch would happen last if at all. That would not be on the priority list.

If the road patchwork is done it would be just be a matter of time before traffic starts building up on that stretch. I think most of the folks including me are avoiding that route only because of the bad road condition.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 10:52   #831
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks for the update Rahul. I think work on that stretch would happen last if at all. That would not be on the priority list.

If the road patchwork is done it would be just be a matter of time before traffic starts building up on that stretch. I think most of the folks including me are avoiding that route only because of the bad road condition.
I suppose if the Wakad bridge has to be razed, then people travelling to Hinjewadi for work, need multiple alternate routes (Mhalunge-Hinjewadi and Sus Road-Hinjewadi).
Else it will be time to run away to onsite
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:06   #832
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,777
Thanked: 1,301 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Guys, please don't beat me up for this suggestion, but don't you think if all of you traveled in the company bus everyday, the situation might improve a bit? Most of the traffic snarls are caused by irresponsible two wheelers/four wheelers driving on wrong sides, changing lanes for no reason, etc. I have myself worked in Hinjewadi for 2 years and shifted to the company bus mode after having nightmarish experiences carving my ways out of that shitty traffic.
ajay_satpute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:11   #833
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,649
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Ajay, only problem with taking the compnay bus, is that the busses are not at all designed for people like me. If I have to occupy a seat, no one would be able to sit next to me!

On a serious note, the bus timings arent flexible as you would like them to be.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 11:41   #834
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guys, please don't beat me up for this suggestion, but don't you think if all of you traveled in the company bus everyday, the situation might improve a bit? Most of the traffic snarls are caused by irresponsible two wheelers/four wheelers driving on wrong sides, changing lanes for no reason, etc. I have myself worked in Hinjewadi for 2 years and shifted to the company bus mode after having nightmarish experiences carving my ways out of that shitty traffic.
I agree with you. In our company the buses are available every hour in the evening from 6 PM till 9 PM so return should not be an issue. But the problem is in the mornings. Only one bus service which leaves from my place at 7.50 AM. The next one is available at 12 PM. So not very convenient as i anyway am in office till 8 PM every night.

And the main reason is "I Live to Drive" so have to take the car to work.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 14:25   #835
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

+1 each to Amit and Swanand.
Timings are pathetic and even the location of pickup impractical for smaller companies. And many companies have these swiping concept, completely alien to saner IT worlds; which discount the traffic factor completely.

Better solution should be either "BETTER" public transport for workplaces with good frequency OR put trams in congested lanes like those of HJW and Laxmi Road/Peth areas, with huge multi-level paid parking nearby. That way, even population addition can be better controlled. Though initial capex will be high for option 2, it will be more beneficial and future proof.

Even metro that is being discussed these days are being planned above the ground, rather than below, which will completely deface Pune and ADD more to traffic woes.

Well that sums up my rant for today
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 19:12   #836
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,523
Thanked: 708 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

So has anyone reached home yet ? Are rumours about Wakad bridge being blocked by burning tyres true? You know, Hinjewadi being a certain someone's stronghold and all that ?
From my side, I can see traffic as pretty free flowing both towards the chowk and on the Mezza9 route. Hows the highway ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 19:20   #837
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,625
Thanked: 9,096 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Sajo- I left around 5.15 and the traffic was pretty heavy but didn't spot any trouble. Will ask around and confirm- that sounds scary!

Edit: I don't want to spread any rumours but this was tweeted by a respected journalist some time ago:

This is ridiculous and unacceptable -- NCP workers attacking Sikhs on NH4, while police standing by, says Sahara Mumbai

Last edited by noopster : 24th November 2011 at 19:32.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 09:00   #838
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So has anyone reached home yet ? Are rumours about Wakad bridge being blocked by burning tyres true? You know, Hinjewadi being a certain someone's stronghold and all that ?
From my side, I can see traffic as pretty free flowing both towards the chowk and on the Mezza9 route. Hows the highway ?
Too late to post, but yes there was some blockade somewhere near Phase 1, as apparently a bus was torched.
Started by 5:10pm, reached @Balewadi by 6pm. Only Mezza9 route was functional. Today wfh. Anyone been to office today?
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 09:26   #839
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Left home early today at 7.30 AM and reached office. No issues. But i guess my time was too early for the mishief makers to wake up and get organized.

Yesterday evening left office at 5 PM. No problems while exiting Hinjewadi. On the highway near Sadanand Hotel the Mumbai bound traffic was held up because of the protests and tyre burning. I could see some people trying to lift up the protesters from the road. This resulted in a long queue of truckers who appeared puzzled - What the hell happened?
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 09:44   #840
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Reached phase 3 in flat 30 minutes(9:10-9:40) from Bhavdhan. No traffic whatsoever. Well, I must say that was a good slap after all!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Information About Hinjewadi, Pune kamat2004 Shifting gears 9 30th August 2016 15:35
Traffic Hacking : One driver improving traffic sandys Street Experiences 19 29th July 2016 20:04
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks