Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 12:12   #1081
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 790 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Then it may be better for these companies to hire out PMT buses and get them to ply to multiple destinations. Get rid of the 1:1 situation with private operators. I have seen some schools having this arrangement.
Of course it is another matter that some may not opt for the public transport once they hear PMT. Or whatever it is called now.
HSBC IT and Infosys have this/had this arrangement too. PMT Contracted buses I mean.
Why on earth the reluctance to purchase and ply AC Volvos though?! Even Kinglongs would do. Or the JCBL Somethings.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:15   #1082
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Why doesnt the PMPML itself start Volvo serice to HJW from various points in the city? I know of many who would opt for this option to commute to and fro everyday.

I remember we discussing this a few pages back.

Problem is, authorities aint serious about the problem. How much ever the HIA tries, there would always be some red tapism.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 15:19   #1083
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 790 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Right Turn from under the flyover to go towards Baner/Kothrud/Katraj is now open, for today only, and only from 18.00 to 20.00 hours.
Incase anyone reading this drives an HCV, you still cant take a right turn.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 16:32   #1084
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

So, it indeed it true then. Sure they must be testing various ways to get rid of the long jams on the flyover.

Wonder how would they justify the waiting of traffic on the highway, for Hinjewadians to get in and out though.

Anyone seen the road expansion adjacent to the flyover (Wakad side)? Whats that for?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 16:49   #1085
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,673
Thanked: 2,059 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Right Turn from under the flyover to go towards Baner/Kothrud/Katraj is now open, for today only, and only from 18.00 to 20.00 hours.
Incase anyone reading this drives an HCV, you still cant take a right turn.
So if I have to drive to HJW in the evening, I cannot take the flyover and the road under the flyover will be full of vehicles turning from HJW to Baner/ Kothrud?

Do correct my interpretation if off the mark.
Congrats on being double seniored!
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 22:08   #1086
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,550
Thanked: 790 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
So if I have to drive to HJW in the evening, I cannot take the flyover and the road under the flyover will be full of vehicles turning from HJW to Baner/ Kothrud?
Depends from which side you are coming to into HJW. If its from Balewadi side, you can surely take a left turn from under the flyover, because the traffic going towards balewadi will be on the other side of the flyover, parallel to you..
I dunno if a right turn is allowed under the flyover if people are coming from Mumbai side.
How was the traffic today ? Bad? Good? Does anybody know about the arrangement for tomorrow ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:41   #1087
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,673
Thanked: 2,059 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Depends from which side you are coming to into HJW. If its from Balewadi side, you can surely take a left turn from under the flyover, because the traffic going towards balewadi will be on the other side of the flyover, parallel to you..
I dunno if a right turn is allowed under the flyover if people are coming from Mumbai side.
So tell me something. If the traffic was one way on that bridge were they using the entire span, even the oncoming lanes as reversible one way lanes? If not; I dont really see the point unless this is a manner to test out probable workarounds.
We all know what the solution/s is/ are.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 08:51   #1088
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Not sure why the arrangement of right turn from Wakad bridge was in place yesterday. The bridge was closed for HJWians and all of us had to merge into the small bylane of the bridge to go straight/right or in some cases left turn causing utmost chaos to everyone - including people plying on the bypass. I think it is better to stick to Mezza9 route, I am done with the experimentation on the Wakad side.
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:34   #1089
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Not sure why the arrangement of right turn from Wakad bridge was in place yesterday. The bridge was closed for HJWians and all of us had to merge into the small bylane of the bridge to go straight/right or in some cases left turn causing utmost chaos to everyone - including people plying on the bypass. I think it is better to stick to Mezza9 route, I am done with the experimentation on the Wakad side.
Completely agree! Now that more than 70% of Orange route is "re-surfaced", I am back to that route. By the way, my car's mileage dropt from 18. something to 16 something after I took the Wakad route, jeez!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:39   #1090
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,655
Thanked: 9,176 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I took the under-flyover route yesterday because the right was open but it just wasn't worth it: took me nearly 40 minutes to reach the highway whereas by Mezza9 route I reach it in 15-20 mins (from Phase 2). Worst thing was that the traffic on the flyover was blocking everything: the road to the left of it was pretty empty. Crossed mmxylorider at Balewadi- am sure he left much later than me (assuming he took the orange route).
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:48   #1091
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 571 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

When I left last evening (around 6ish) the flyover was closed for anyone going out of HJW. The only way out was the road under the bridge.

Luckily for me, there was barely any traffic till Saundarya, but beyond that, there was a small queue (waiting for the traffic lights to go green, i suppose).
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:38   #1092
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 654
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Crossed mmxylorider at Balewadi- am sure he left much later than me (assuming he took the orange route).
Well - he did not! He has been taking the Wakad flyover route ever since the orange got crowded with heavy vehicles.

Surprisingly, I reached the highway the same way you did but in under 25 mins from Ph 2. The one thing I follow is to keep extreme left from Shivaji chowk. I've seen the traffic on that lane moves a little bit faster and does not get blocked by incoming traffic trying to cut across and join towards the bridge.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:14   #1093
BHPian
 
rahul_sinha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 265
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Well - he did not! He has been taking the Wakad flyover route ever since the orange got crowded with heavy vehicles.

Surprisingly, I reached the highway the same way you did but in under 25 mins from Ph 2. The one thing I follow is to keep extreme left from Shivaji chowk. I've seen the traffic on that lane moves a little bit faster and does not get blocked by incoming traffic trying to cut across and join towards the bridge.
Thanks for providing the cheat code mate Do you reckon I should try it out today (Friday) evening??
rahul_sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:21   #1094
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 654
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
HSBC IT and Infosys have this/had this arrangement too. PMT Contracted buses I mean.
Using the PMPML buses is cheaper than private contract buses. Spare capacity is used during the commute hours and buses are deployed on regular routes during other hours. Also, once a bus (private or contracted from PMPML) is used for company/school purpose, it cannot be used as stage carrier. For eg: If you are an employee residing at Kothrud and you see a bus going towards Katraj, you cannot board that bus even if you are a registered user of company transport.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:37   #1095
BHPian
 
mmxylorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 654
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Thanks for providing the cheat code mate Do you reckon I should try it out today (Friday) evening??
No problem! If you are leaving post 6:30 from Ph2/3, the orange route or Mezza9 route will be faster...
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Information About Hinjewadi, Pune kamat2004 Shifting gears 9 30th August 2016 15:35
Traffic Hacking : One driver improving traffic sandys Street Experiences 19 29th July 2016 20:04
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks