Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 18th August 2010, 09:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar
Unless the security feels you driving dangerously close to them or that you are tailing them, they wont bother I suppose
+1; This is what even I feel. And it shouldn't be like how we overtake a cabbie in the city traffic. If unable to overtake, let them keep going & why not we follow them at more than safe distance?
Old 18th August 2010, 10:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

One of the local Kannada paper (Vijaya Karnataka) gave extensive coverage on this incident and published one full page of the responses from prominent people/other readers, blasting the minister for his behavior. Even the CM has apologized but the minister is sticking to his ground and defending his action.
Minister has also gone on to saying that the father of the driver involved in the incident is a criminal with many cheating cases (real estate related) pending against him.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Minister has also gone on to saying that the father of the driver involved in the incident is a criminal with many cheating cases (real estate related) pending against him.
So what does that have to do with this incident?

If the father of the driver is a criminal, then how come a honest minister knows about it unless it is otherwise?

Point - When a CM apologizes, why a minister under him still remain adamant?
Old 18th August 2010, 11:16   #34
BHPian

Well this kind of high-handedness and goondaism is nothing compared to the kind of goondaism shown by some of the other ministers in this exalted government currently in charge of Karnataka's destiny.

Similar stunts pulled of by the Reddy brothers in Bellary, who did pretty much the same thing with a industrialists helicopter which commited the crime of landing before the helicopter carrying the Reddy's missus returning from a shopping trip. Then again there have been similar incidents by BSY's son in Shimoga which come to mind.

Cant really expect better in a state where corruption has become rampant and street-corner goonda's are appointed shakha-adhikaris and MLAs.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it is always the common man who suffers. This is Karnataka's fate today to suffer this goonda-raj.

Last edited by COUGAR : 18th August 2010 at 11:21.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:35   #35
Team-BHP Support

According to today's TOI, the minister has defended his actions. He says the Safari overtook 3 times. Since it had dark tints, the bodyguard got suspicious by these repeated passes. He also says the Safari driver refused to lower the windows for inspection and challenged the authority of the minister.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:58   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@Samurai: Seems the minister is trying a Mamata Banerjee act here.

No matter what the safari person has done, the minister doesn't have any right to get the driver man-handled. When we preach that leave the judiciary to bring justice and penitentiaries for reformist acts and enforcement of the same, the minister has gone on to take law in his own hands.
They should have hand-cuffed him and turned the driver over to a police station had they suspected threat to the minister instead of bashing him leading to loss of blood and tooth.
It's a clear case of people in power weilding the same against a common un-suspecting man. Shame on the police who listened to the minister to do this.
Even Nathuram Godse who shot dead the father of the nation didn't get lynched. He was given a fair trial! 63 years hence, we are turning back to the era of cavemen! The Troglodytes are back!
Old 18th August 2010, 12:07   #37
Team-BHP Support

I agree that the minister's entourage had no right to attack the guy. That way even the police are not supposed to beat anybody.

What I am saying is it may not have been a simple overtake. There must have been some provocation other than just one overtake.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That way even the police are not supposed to beat anybody.
But sir, I'm under the impression that Police is the only dept that is empowered to beat & is not considered against the law; atleast this is what one of the Vijayakanth's movie educated me
Old 18th August 2010, 12:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
In yesterday's Bangalore Mirror, there was an article in which teh CM mentioned that for each harrassment by the cops, he was losing 5 votes. So, it clearly shows where his interests lie. No wonder he is quick to apologize.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

The whole incident looks suspicious to me, whose version to believe now ? Minister's or the victim's ? I dont even remember how many times I have passed Corollas, Safaris and CRVs with beacons and Govt boards. Not because I was doing high-speed, they were going slow and not in a hurry. May be thats the way they move when they go to their work-place .

From all the reading, I assume one thing: Minister's driver was provoked repeatedly which made others in their group also notice and react to the whole incident. Ego games are nothing new, sometimes we have to just kill our ego to survive. In this case it went horribly wrong.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
So what does that have to do with this incident?

If the father of the driver is a criminal, then how come a honest minister knows about it unless it is otherwise?

Probably the minister is trying to take away the sympathy the driver seem to be getting.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Time for me to be warned and stay alert . Every other day when I get a chance I overtake Transport Minister R Ashoka's CRV near my house . Well he leaves his house exactly around the same time I go to my parents place in the morning at about 9:00 am. BTW I don't know if it really matters i overtake his Honda CRV in my Honda RWD called the Dio.

On a serious note, media has different versions to this whole fiasco. Only the minister and the victim would know the true story behind it.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
each harrassment by the cops, he was losing 5 votes.
Aaarrrh...how long should we keep tolerating these bureaucratic hypocratic white collared morons? I begin to feel Dr JJ & Dr KK are far better.

Last edited by aargee : 18th August 2010 at 14:06.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:12   #44
Team-BHP Support

It's so sweet to see TBHPians trying to give the benefit of doubt to the ruffian who beat up an innocent motorist. Which planet do you guys live on?

First person experience: one Sunday morning, my whole family (including 3 kids) were out driving when we spotted the scion of a powerful political family (don't ask me who- don't want to get beat up like poor Bharath) in his black European mean machine. My BIL was driving and didn't notice the tailing white Amby with flashing lights right behind (which had lagged behind and was desperately trying to get back into position). One of the bunch of cops in the rear car actually had the temerity to raise his rifle out of the window at me and my 8-year old nephew, while the rest of our nation's finest glared at my BIL and gestured him to slow down. That was one scary experience!
Old 18th August 2010, 14:42   #45
BHPian

No doubt these type of Ministers are born for misbehavior, misconduct, disrespect, cheating, Goondaism, egotistical, corruptive .... many more.

They have no rights to abuse/beat the public, taking the law in their hands.
This is a very scary incident, Poor Bharath would never forget this incident.
Every Independence day would make him remember this stupid minister.

I really take this as a learning experience, here after I would be more and more cautious when noticed a beacon vehicles, educate the same to my friends so that they do not fall in these type of encounters.
Closed Thread