Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th August 2010, 12:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsarang View Post
Avoid long drives during monsoon..

As a principle, I do not go beyond 100 at any point in time even if it is a oneway..

P.S - hey by the way I spotted a red accent CRDI on the way with a team-bhp sticker on it. That time I realized the importance of it. I wish I could have that sticket on my car too and we could have clubbed the road trip together..
@sforsarang, thanks for reminding me of avoiding the monsoons. Gives me more reason to put off my Bangalore Mumbai Scorpio trip to the rainless winter months

Regarding limiting the speed, too, I agree with you 100%.

The last point (spotting the familiar TBHP sticker) would have provided some cheer, I am sure, on the trip.

In all, I think you will be getting the satisfaction of sharing the details of this trip and helping others with these tips, for sure. Thanks
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 14:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
@sforsarang, Driver of the Swift and the person sitting behind him died on the spot. Another person died the next day. Only one person survived but he too is in critical condition. People say the Swift hit the truck at about 120 kmph.
Ah..thats bad..any idea about who were the occupants of that fateful car and any link for the news details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@sforsarang, thanks for reminding me of avoiding the monsoons. Gives me more reason to put off my Bangalore Mumbai Scorpio trip to the rainless winter months

Regarding limiting the speed, too, I agree with you 100%.

The last point (spotting the familiar TBHP sticker) would have provided some cheer, I am sure, on the trip.

In all, I think you will be getting the satisfaction of sharing the details of this trip and helping others with these tips, for sure. Thanks
Yeah thats right mooza...more than satisfaction, I will be glad if someone chooses to drive within safe limits and sanely after reading my trip experiences... I want to spread this message that roads and cars and tyres in India are not meant to be safe for a 100+ drive.. and its not fun either...
sforsarang is offline   Reply With Quote