Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 15th April 2017, 16:42   #61
BHPian

Default Re: The vicious dogs of Karwar

Wow! Is this the handiwork of dogs or rabid wolves?! Haven't the residents called animal control?
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 17:11   #62
BHPian

Scary is it not? Local residents once got Municipal guys to catch the dogs and transport them far away from the city but some dog lovers took objection and since then on no one seems to be doing anything. I guess this will go on till some human is attacked.
ssadwelkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 10:05   #63
BHPian

Unhappy Act of Dog

I had parked my car in the usual parking space at my apartment building (gated) last Saturday night after having a good 100 kms run within Bangalore. I had planned a trip to Mysore Sunday morning with my friends and we were to start at 7 am dot. Door bell rang at 6.30 am and the apartment care taker (who is mostly careless) asked me to follow him to the parking lot immediately. I asked if I should get the car key and if I was blocking someones way out of the parking lot. He said, no need of the key and asked "Did you meet with an accident yesterday?" Heart skipped a beat..

To my utter dismay, 4-5 dogs had unleashed hell on my 6 month old ride . Frankly, I had never thought that canines could do something like this to a car. They clearly had a lot of fun. The care taker said that he shoo'ed off the dogs just in time. His just in time was too little too late.

Summarizing the damages:
  • Bumper (LH, RH & Centre)
  • LH & RH Wheel arches
  • LH & RH Inner claddings
  • Mud guards
  • Coolant cap [Biggest shocker of all. Could find dog hair flying inside the bonnet]
  • LH headlight wiring
  • Horn wiring
  • Wiper hose & sensor wiring
  • Number plate

With a heavy heart collected all the bits and pieces, put it in a cover and headed to Pratham Motors, Kudlu Gate. The only relief was that the car was was perfectly fine, albeit the wiper sweep, which was not turning off and minor plastic rattles from the front.

Must say that the SA was very supportive and immediately did a walk around of the car, called the body shop guy and asked to me submit the original insurance paper, RC book copy and License copy immediately for processing. He said that by Tuesday I should get an cost estimate but asked me to keep my hopes low on getting the claim approved as damages caused by animals aren't covered. By the look things, the pocket damage was estimated at Rs. 4K. He said that meanwhile, he will start the work on electricals and update me on the status. The front bumper had to be replaced and painted to match the color of the car. Wiring harness replacement, if required, could take days, so Jugaad connection was the only way for the time being. Await hearing from insurance guy.

I keep going to Mangalore where we have 4 dogs, who welcome us with wagging tails and friendly barks. They keep spraying urea on the tires as they please. Probably the dogs at Bangalore took the scent too personally and instead of leaving their mark, ripped apart the real estate it self. Now, I don't know how to safeguard the car from this 4-legged gang of destroyers. In a fix!

P.S: I love dogs!

Crime scene follows:
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_064854.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_064921.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_064941.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_065106.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_070853.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_070709.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_070716.jpg  

Dogs / Cats got my Car!-img_20170716_064915.jpg  

k88k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 10:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Act of Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
To my utter dismay, 4-5 dogs had unleashed hell on my 6 month old ride . Frankly, I had never thought that canines could do something like this to a car. They clearly had a lot of fun. The care taker said that he shoo'ed off the dogs just in time. His just in time was too little too late.
Woah man, that is really scary and sad to see the destruction by the pack of dogs. Insurance should cover the damages, please claim insurance and get it fixed.
This is the first time I am seeing or hearing of such extensive damage caused by dogs.

Last edited by speedmiester : 18th July 2017 at 10:19.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 12:24   #65
BHPian

Default Re: Dogs / Cats got my Car!

Insurance guys are acting as they are supposed to. They are refusing to give approval for the claimed damages, saying we do not cover damages caused by Animals. Have escalated the request to higher level, hoping for the best.

Estimated cost of repairs: Rs. 11,500
k88k is offline   Reply With Quote