Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th May 2012, 11:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Unsolicited "No Parking In Front of The Gate" signs!

@james; An excellent solution. Rottweilers would be even better. However, the chap putting up these plates will not know one dog from another to Bulldogs (looks) or Great Danes size) may work even better.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 13:49   #32
BHPian

How about diligently removing the ad portion and just retaining the top portion with the text 'NO PARKING?'

Name:  no parking.png
Views: 2063
Size:  443.6 KB

(of course this will not work if the NO PARKING text is at the bottom)
sanjaykk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 22:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
This is how we deal with this menace! Our 24x7 security system. These guys mostly hang out around the gate and entrance day and night! Noone would dare touch the gate when they see an angry dobe standing next to it!

Cheers!
Is that your bike also which make and model?
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 23:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This is how we deal with this menace! Our 24x7 security system. These guys mostly hang out around the gate and entrance day and night! Noone would dare touch the gate when they see an angry dobe standing next to it!
Attachment 932808

Cheers!

I do have a similar arrangement, One GSD does the trick, also effective with carpet salesmen, etc. forget the no parking sign boards, even the guys from KFC/DOMINOS etc don't want to drop in their menus in the post box!

Parking in front of the gates, no, never an issue.
YaeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:13   #35
BHPian

Default How to stop this menace?

One terrible thing about living in a independent house is that your gate and compound walls become free hoardings for companies to advertise their commodities in the pretext of offering you help.

Have you seen the numerous 'No parking' boards hanging on the gates with the company advertisement on the very same board? Isn't this free marketing at our cost?

Now, the above is something I think one can still manage if you can cut that company name out of the boards or best, just throw that board out altogether.

But how do I stop all pamphlets that is thrown by the Dominos and Pizza Huts of the world?? Isn't this littering my premises? I have spoken to the local outlet but to no vain. I have even reported this at the BBMP contact center.

Any legal course I can take to stop this menace?
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Unsolicited "No Parking In Front of The Gate" signs!

Couple of suggestions.
1) Employ a security guard temporarily who would ensure no defacing or littering.
2) Keep a pamplet collection boxes, requesting people distributing the pamplet to use the box. Empty the box once a week.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 16:40   #37
BHPian

Default Re: How to stop this menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post

Unfortunately No!! 2 reasons IMO:
1. You don't know who is the culprit, mostly they are done when no one is around.
2. This is not a crime even if you catchhold of someone, the maximum you can do is to threaten him.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 17:50   #38
BHPian

Post Re: Unsolicited "No Parking In Front of The Gate" signs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Couple of suggestions.
1) Employ a security guard temporarily who would ensure no defacing or littering.
2) Keep a pamplet collection boxes, requesting people distributing the pamplet to use the box. Empty the box once a week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
1. You don't know who is the culprit, mostly they are done when no one is around.
2. This is not a crime even if you catchhold of someone, the maximum you can do is to threaten him.
This has become a common menace in Mumbai and Pune. Most gates of buildings/apartments are "tagged" by these so-called public service adverts from local establishments or merchants. Basically free publicity in the name of shooing away errant parking drivers.

Security/watchmen have been either found wanting or left inadequate to deal with this nuisance. At times, they are even paid a few tens to look the other way. Heck, I've even seen 3-4 similar signs on the same gate. Here no one is worried about "cluttered advertising" just because it is FOC!

Our apartment complex has had a proper box for pamphlets/flyers/brochures etc.. in the mail room. Yet newspapers/dailies continue to be riddled with these littering material and find their way into our houses. Here generally, the local newspaper vendor is the bad guy. Invariably you will find he gets greased by local merchant folk to do the insertions. Why else will he take an elaborate effort to "infiltrate" hundreds of newspapers each morning before delivering them unto your doorstep.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 15th January 2013 at 17:54.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 18:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post

Our apartment complex has had a proper box for pamphlets/flyers/brochures etc.. in the mail room. Yet newspapers/dailies continue to be riddled with these littering material and find their way into our houses. Here generally, the local newspaper vendor is the bad guy. Invariably you will find he gets greased by local merchant folk to do the insertions. Why else will he take an elaborate effort to "infiltrate" hundreds of newspapers each morning before delivering them unto your doorstep.
Agree with you on this completely. A huge irritant. C'mon guys, we have a crisis here on cutting trees, saving planet etc etc but seems most of them are least bothered. There should be a goverment regulation on these unsolicited pamplet distribution mechanism for whatever reason they might be.
We can save some trees this way and slow down the pace at which our cities are becoming concrete jungles. The only benificiery is the newspaper vendor.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 18:05   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Oh, I caught hold of the Mc Donald's guy along with his fellows for throwing the pamphlets around! Yes, but all I could do was shout and chase them from the street!
vinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post

But how do I stop all pamphlets that is thrown by the Dominos and Pizza Huts of the world?? Isn't this littering my premises? I have spoken to the local outlet but to no vain. I have even reported this at the BBMP contact center.

Collect all the pamphlets and one fine evening make a visit to the dominos/pizza huts and entry all the pamphlets at their counter and just walk away. I guess they would understand why you did it without you talking.
nettooran is offline   Reply With Quote