Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 22nd December 2005, 22:31   #31
BHPian

thank u guys for ur support..and no i was not drunk..i dnt drink nor do i smoke..am even a veggie !
and my elbow is better.but my car aint..coz these insurance guys are troubling a lot . its gonna cost hell of a price..the price the hyundai guys have estimated is way too much..its roughly 90k !!!
guys what do u think how much it wud cost??
am still unable to drive..its just that i have talked over the phone with the hyundai guys..so is 90k ok ?
isnt it too much??
they say 25k is for the paint !
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 22:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Looking at damage in photos 90k seems like you are getting a cheap deal
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 22:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

You better be thankin urself that u had a nice solid car. otherwise u would have suffered more than just a fracture.

Drive safe man, no matter which car u drive.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2005, 22:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Dear Friend,
It destined to happen like that, because of that you forget all the basics. Think that your prevented from much more bigger crash.

Don't abuse Santro. Being a Palio owner I used to call Santro as TIN BOX, now a own Santro too. Its really too good in city. Let the gear knob vibrates or steering is not as precise as Palio, it carries you Point A to Point B without hassle.

Regards,
Prasanna

Hey that was a wonderful car and will be the same if u let them fix it completely. I love my car and cant think of seeing it all messed up. I pray for you to recover soon and not to worry. Accidents happen and our prayers are with you.
I agree 90Gs is pretty high price to pay, but i wonder why u need to worry about it since the insurance guys have to take care of it. Well next time your will pay more premium. Let the showroom guys fix it the way they want... Coz they will replace almost all the parts which has been affected. The outcome would be a perfect car.
I agree santro is not a great car when compared to Sonata, but it is a great car for guys like me.
Get well soon...
general_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 02:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil
thank u guys for ur support..and no i was not drunk..i dnt drink nor do i smoke..am even a veggie !
and my elbow is better.but my car aint..coz these insurance guys are troubling a lot . its gonna cost hell of a price..the price the hyundai guys have estimated is way too much..its roughly 90k !!!
guys what do u think how much it wud cost??
am still unable to drive..its just that i have talked over the phone with the hyundai guys..so is 90k ok ?
isnt it too much??
they say 25k is for the paint !
Considering the damage done to the vehicle I'd say you're getting off rather cheaply... 25k for the paint is no biggie for a d-segment vehicle.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 05:33   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the total amount. (it is cheap) If you have insurance, then you should pay only the deductible. , why are you paying the whole amount.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 09:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Is this the total amount. (it is cheap) If you have insurance, then you should pay only the deductible. , why are you paying the whole amount.
yeah what happened to insurance ....how much are they given back ??
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 11:00   #38
BHPian

happens yaa chill...don worry the car will get repaired ..take care of your hand
cheatingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 23:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know what happened to your car. Now how are you and with just 150kms on the odo what were you doing at 125kmph + what happened to run in. Anywayz chill and hoep your black beauty is back on the road and your fine as well.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 17:59   #40
BHPian

"To Err is Human, To Forgive Devine", good 2 hear that u have realized ur mistake. take care of urself, car can b bought again but b careful of ur life.

@ everybody in this forum: its not easy to accept mistakes and its lovely 2 know that in our forum there are people who accept & try 2 improve on that. also "good judgement comes from experience but usually experience comes from bad judgements" so call it a learning and move on in life.

CHEERS
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2006, 18:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys please note the original date of posting
Quote:
8th December 2005, 23:44
It has been more than 3 months.
Although members posting have positive to say but still it must brings back old memories.
Should we frequently reopen this topic & remind him of his mistake?
I guess not.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 16:34   #42
BHPian

3rd anniversary ... Sonata
OR-02 XXXX RIP.

my family sold it after the crash , someone said black is unlucky , ( my father had passed away in a black willys crash 98).

Kinda last tribute to the best car i had driven.

we still have the old santro.

Last edited by karizma_devil : 6th June 2009 at 16:37.
Old 6th June 2009, 16:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad mate, but it took 3 years to update the thread :o
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 16:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Oh man ,
You sold the black beauty
I know how we in India are, when our Scorpio met with a crash (toppled) every relative insisted that we sell this unlucky car as in last 15 years dad didnt even bang the car in city leave alone on a highway trip. Some were giving us details of car dealers too to sell this car quietly and buy another car but dad refused saying that this is the car which saved him, his wife and his 2 children and he will not sell it. Till date we have the scorp and we happily cruise around in the city in it.

One mistake costed you an embera man but thats how life works. Your mother may be extra cautious after what happened few years back and i dont blame her. So you are back on the old faithful santro, any plans to pick up a new car?
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 17:50   #45
BHPian

my family use the santro , i sold the esteem recently . looking for a GTX ( Palio ).

Ya i was a bit nostalgic today,