Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 15th July 2006, 23:58   #61
BHPian

It was one time when me my bro on the passanger seat and a friend of mine sitting on the back seat were driving at normal speed on my OHC.

Next moment i saw a santro speeding from behind he was driving so rashly he almost missed banging my car....

So as usual i was PISSED OFF i started racing that guy (it started near hinduja hospital) as he was already speeding he went ahead of me but i caught him up just befor the mahim signal.

just as we took a left turn towards bandra we were moving neck to neck for more than a quater mile i was on the inside ( last lane ) he was right next to me.

Making the scene worse i just saw a slow moving auto on my lane. i started speeding but i didnt had much chance to accelerate....

just about when i was about to bank the auto i turned right and so did he...
i was alive...

MANNNNN what a drive after that i slowed the speed as he was left behind me...

the santro came right next to me and the guy who looked like DUI gave me a THUMBS - UP and drove away...

I'll remember that drive always....
and so will my bro and the friend as all the time the had their ***** in their mouth...
~ H O N D A ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 06:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

HONDA...how can that be your best drive dude? That was your ultimate stupidity !!!
Hope you are careful now...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 09:24   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
any hill ride is exhillarating. be it the Tanonic Parkway, Pacific Coast Highway, ...
Ah, Navin - you refresh memories - PCH, Taconic. Yosemite in a 15 seater Ford XLT 350 doing abt 40% above posted limits in the twists and everyone's asleep ! .. New England in fall ..

will post more details soon ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Harare - Johannesburg - Cape Town
Envy you on that, Steer. And nice to see someone with similar choices - KB [had two of them], love the Safari, and eyeing a pick-up

guys, drive safe so the memories remain pleasant.

Last edited by condor : 16th July 2006 at 09:32.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 23:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy
HONDA...how can that be your best drive dude? That was your ultimate stupidity !!!
Hope you are careful now...

Abhi
maybe it was a stupidity

but i'll always remember that as one of the few wildest things i had done
~ H O N D A ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 09:21   #65
BHPian

Default Best one so far..

Bangalore-Mudigere-Charmadi-Ujre-Karkala-Agumbe-Shimoga-Bangalore
Western ghats in the rainy season on bikes( Fiero)..
Mysore-Waynad -Ride thru tea plantations and winding highways.. good one
watfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2015, 10:41   #66
BHPian

Default Blissful Situations when driving, that's what we live for!

There are a few driving moments that are just etched in memory. The positive ones, specifically, can be visualized by closing the eyes and living that moment again (rather than playing a video ). I type (rather pen) down, a couple of such moments.

The setting 1:
Early morning, around 7 am, the Nelamangala to Hassan 4-lane highway (the road runs East-West, closer to north-west Bengaluru, for people who don't know this road). The sun has just about started to rise, the road is shining orange, trying to match itself with the sky just above. As I drive along, windows partially rolled down, enjoying the morning breeze, I can see the shadow of my own car, right in front, the shadow being the only dark spot on an otherwise shiny road surface. I can see the sun on my rear view mirror, but with some effort, have to shift my view from the road, but I do that just for a second, to see the real light source which has done its magic!

The setting 2:
Evening, at around 4.30, close to the Satyamangalam Forest (TN), it was a cloudy day. Mild rain had just damped up the surroundings. I switch off the music system, just to enjoy rare silence, windows partially rolled down. I think of stopping for a moment and taking out my camera, but no, I decide this is one moment I must enjoy minus the gadgets. I continue driving at around 45-50 kmph. A few huge trees occasionally cover a huge part of the road bringing in temporary darkness, and a root kind of thing hanging from them. I can occasionally hear the bamboo trees muttering a sound every time they swing with the breeze, the sound of birds chirping every now and then, combined with the sound of a diesel engine (Ford Figo TDCI) + the tyres brushing their way on scattered leaves on the road ever so slightly. The road meanders its way, up and down, left and right, and with the steering that only a Ford can have, this road is just made for it.

These are just a couple of such moments, amongst many, for which we tend to "Live to Drive!". I am sure others will have many, many more. Keep them coming.

Last edited by kaushik_ak : 10th June 2015 at 10:46.
kaushik_ak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote