Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 20th December 2010, 12:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Snake holding beggars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
This incident has left a very bad tase with me. I am thinking of procuring a Fire arm to deal with these miscreants (who are actually ex-criminals, rapists)
A Firearm? REALLY!!??

Stop watching James Bond movies
Hatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 15:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^That is a distinct possibility. I'm sure they are perfectly capable of doing that. Isn't there some law (wildlife protection or whatever) which you can use against them? Anybody knows?
Yes we can. We can hand them over to the police. Maybe the snake will die in the tussle. And once free, these guys will capture another snake to start business in normal. Sigh ... I faced this dilemma long time ago: Creepy Begging @ Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching
kousik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 16:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

^^^Just went thru your blog. Frankly, can't agree with what you say, esp. about buying the snake. As I'd mentioned earlier - by buying it you are simply making sure they will catch and torment more of them to make the next sale.

Further "they use human babies in a worse way" is no justification at all for using the snake in the same/worse way. The poor snake has nothing to do with any human baby anywhere.

That said, I am no snake lover. In fact, I'd prefer to stay away from them myself. But my personal reactions aside, it should not be allowed/encouraged to use/exploit/traumatize any creature this way.

If nothing else, please at least don't give anything to these people and encourage such brutal trades.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 16:25   #49
BHPian

Default Re: Snake holding beggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
heh. I've been duped out of rs 100 bucks by one of them - I was alone and half asleep waiting for driving instructor. they come and put python around your neck & ask for pooja. they force you do a pooja with 'biggest note in your purse' then fold it and the snake (some sorta python) just swallows it - BAM. then they say pooja ho gayi blah blah.

by the time my instructor came, this loser were nowhere to be found. Blood was otherwise going to be spilt, whether of the snake or its master. Any one I now find is welcomed with gaalis and threats of serious physical violence!
Same thing kinda happened to me. The guy first says that he will give you change and then he stuffs it into the snake. Now even I say that I will skin the snake and the charmer. Most times my huge negative aura keeps them away.
chaunfa is offline   Reply With Quote