Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th January 2011, 10:23   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Accident- Bike and my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
My insurance agent (Royal Sundaram) told me that the company would handle all legal matters and contest an unreasonable claim. I think he meant, their lawyer would handle it.

Did you check with your insurer?
Same here!

Quote:
1. Absolutely, there wasn't even a fracture or anything, just facial injuries due to him not wearing a helmet. I mean, there is no point winning such a petty case, even the Court wouldn't be interested.
What we are thinking is to pay the fine to the Judge for Rash and Negligent driving and have my dad walk out as a free man.
Let that stupid, old man fight with my insurance company for 2000 rupees as his compensation. Does this sound OK?

2. And, one more thing, when my dad accepts his mistake, does he get to take the original documents like his License, car's RC, Insurance Policy etc.? What is that procedure like?

3. Also, while that stupid man fights it out with my Insurance Company, which I think he wouldn't, would there be any restrictions in any of my future Insurance Claims
while his case goes on?

4. I am actually intrigued at his demand of 3Lac Rupees to my Insurance Company. Is it justifiable?

We for that matter don't even feel like giving him a penny due to all the tensions we had to go through!
Any help here?
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 10:56   #17

Sorry to hear about the accident and the problems you are facing. I agree, we have a lot of people who are out trying to make a quick buck out of almost anything. I hope your insurance lawyer keeps you out of the mess.

Please help me understand this statement you made. What is the relevance of the person's caste here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
The injured belongs to Scheduled Caste and his sons appeared to be "nikamme" trying to pry out money from this incident.
Serenity_Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 12:53   #18
BHPian

Just tried to showcase his social background. I knew it, so I mentioned it.
The two phrases are separated with a "and", please don't try to correlate them.
I typed in as much as I could to give you all a better perspective.

I have no hate against SCs/STs. Please, no offenses to anybody.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:26   #19
BANNED

Just go with your lawyer and ask your dad to plead guilty. Pay that Rs1,500 as fine and then tell that victim in the face that he made a mistake by going to court.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 18:10   #20
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2011 at 18:45.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th January 2011, 19:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thus far you have not posted what your lawyer is thinking/advising.

As for the second case the first three paras of your opening post should be enough to clarify that there was no Hit and definitely no Run. If you have a good lawyer he will be able to extract the truth from the policeman who accompanied you to to the hospital.

Though why you did not pay the treatment expenses at the hospital is still a mystery.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 20:12   #22
BHPian

We did pay for the man's First-Aid, but, like this-

Policeman to Hospital
We to Policeman
Old 12th January 2011, 21:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

abhipuru16, that is what has puzzled me. If you had paid the treatment money right there, the policeman would not have come to your house immediately. Once he came home he saw your standard of living etc and in your haste to appease him you would have treated him very very nicely and that is when this plot of wrangling money from you would have formed in his mind.

If you had paid up there and then, the police would have visited your house later to follow up for the case but by then a day or two would have passed. In that time so many other incidents would have taken place that your case would have automatically been relegated to the back burner. Anyway all that is water under the bridge so let us not get any deeper into that.

All the best for tomorrow's hearing. In all likely hood things will go your way.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote