Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2011, 12:00   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Be careful in dealing with such guys. Normally these pimps and other guys will be part of bigger underworld gangs. they are just part of the big chain.

If you don't expect your vehicle back or much progress with Police investigation, why don't you expose those tainted officials through media? Share the news anonymously to the media.

It may help.(or may affect you badly)
Old 10th February 2011, 12:02   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Why dont we have Good quality CCTV cameras installed on all the Toll Nakas.That might help police in Naka Bandi.Also with so may SUV's getting stolen, cant police have some one monitor all the Toll Nakas on the boundaries of Mumbai and keep a Track of each and every passing SUV.
Dude! if the police wanted to do something, they must have done it ages back. The irony here is that the police is also not much interested in improving the process and formalities
Old 10th February 2011, 12:03   #183
BHPian

@gtabombay, Hope the lot have your Pajero too.
Long back my Yamaha YBX was stolen from Telenkhedi, Nagpur and was recovered from a parking lot @ other end of city after some 2 and half years. Good thing that the person who was using it had installed a saree guard, leg gaurd, clip on handles and a new tyre set

My luck was that I had my uncle in CBI, Nagpur that time so fetching back the vehicle was easy.

@Silverado, the CCTV would not only help for SUV but all other vehicles as well. And yes it is a good suggestion as these city tollbooth collect huge amount of which a small amount can be utilized to install and maintain a couple of CCTV's.

@Khoj, bhaiyya, bhoole to nahi. btw is that your zen stolen just recently.

@evilshantanu,@shoemaker, I agree with you guys.

Last edited by nomadabhi : 10th February 2011 at 12:12.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:12   #184
BHPian

gtabombay , I am shocked by your story and can only imagine your plight at losing such a loved and expensive vehicle. What is more shocking though is the active involvement of a constable in the matter, to a length where he is acting as an informant for the thief. Can you please shed some light on what actions have been initiated on the constable? if any i.e. (or does the constable not know that you know his involvement)

-- My Uncle lost his ambassador back in the day, We went to the police the next morning after finding out and they said the car must be out of Maharashtra by now so that was it.

PS: I admire the tenacity you have shown in following up on the matter and how close you came to actually getting him. Many including me would not have the confidence of dealing with unhelpfull police.

@nomadabhi
the CCTV would only help technically in gta's case the police could have taken action if they wished to but instead they seem to be stonewalling. gtabombay has provided enough data including a picture. So unless the will is not present it wont make any difference.

Mods - Sorry for the multiple posts, I made a mistake up while posting.

Last edited by Slick : 10th February 2011 at 12:20.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:20   #185
BHPian

gtabombay,
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Pajero. I salute you for the smart moves you have been taking on your own and your attitude of helping others .
I seriously hope you have been taking some good security measures for YOURSELF; before going public against the kind of criminals you have stated.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:38   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
@nomadabhi
the CCTV would only help technically in gta's case the police could have taken action if they wished to but instead they seem to be stonewalling. gtabombay has provided enough data including a picture. So unless the will is not present it wont make any difference.
@Slick, the idea of CCTV is not referring to gta's incident but as a whole initiated by Silverado

Last edited by nomadabhi : 10th February 2011 at 12:47.
Old 10th February 2011, 14:30   #187
BHPian

@evilshantanu - The idea of involving Media is a good one since they are always Byte hungry.These people have wider contacts , maybe somepopular Auto Mag Like Overdrive, Autocar should take up this concern ( Of SUV Thefts ) on behalf of the Automobile fraternity.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:13   #188
BHPian

Man, do I feel depressed after reading this thread. I read it all in one go, and now I just don't feel like reading anyhting anymore.

Reminds me of the time my bike got stolen 5 years back, and the resultant trips to the police station. I eventually did get my beloved bike back, but only after I colorfully threatened and abused the Police Inspector over the phone. Polite behavior is like greek to them. Make no mistake, I am a very tame and meek guy, and it takes a HELL LOT to incense me. Still, after 10 days of stonewalling (inspite of my recovered bike lying in the station compound and me following the "legal" court procedure down to the last letter), I had just about had enough, and would probably have beaten up the next cop who gave me flimsy excuses. In case you are wondering how I could get away with abusing and threatening the PI, it was because I have a very close relative who was a serving IAS officer at the time (now retired). And I had made this amply clear at the time of reporting the complaint itself, inspite of which I was treated like a football. These guys had the cheek to even stonewall a couple of junior officers my relative sent from his office to help me. So you can imagine just how thick-skinned these guys are. Even God can't help ordinary citizens while dealing with these scum in uniform. How my blood boils!!!

If there is anything that needs to be privatized in this country, it's the police force. The current lot needs to be hanged by their scruffy necks and whipped in public. Make no mistake, the lower-downs are all hand-in-glove with scum like the guy who stole this Pajero, and the higher-ups are just too busy sniffing around for bigger cuts to bother about whats going on under their very noses.

@ gtabombay: Even if you somehow manage to catch this guy and hand him over to the cops, rest assured he will be out on bail and scot-free in a matter of hours. And there are scores like him all over the city and country, all patronized by cops and netas. How many will you catch? The only possible solution is to hunt them down like wild animals, but then, thats illegal, right???

Like others on this thread, I would advise you to be very very careful about what you are doing. This is not meant to discourage you, but just recently we all read the news about the government officer who was burnt to death for catching an oil adulteration mafia boss with his pants down. These are lawless days, one has to defend oneself and one's family from such unscrupulous people on one's own. The car is replaceable, you are not. Exercise restraint.

I salute you for your perseverance. May God be with you.

- Bullitt.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:19   #189

Update : All Pajero's these days are equipped with vehicle tracking device from Hindustan Trackers. They have been successful in recovering couple of Pajero's with the help of this on board tracking device. Following are the features of the Pajero's Vehicle Tracking Device.

1. Geo Fencing / Route Fence Alerts / Emergency Alerts

You can set geographical boundaries for your vehicles movement and once your vehicle crosses this geo fence the engine is cut off automatically.

2. SMS / Email Alerts

You will receive SMS and Email alerts pointing to Journey Start/ End, Location, Over speed, Ideal condition, Air condition on/off alerts..etc.

3. 24 X 7 Call centre

Stop your vehicle round the clock : with a simple phone call / SMS

4. Anti Theft

Automatic immobilzation in case of any theft attempt.

If security is your concern i suggest all Pajero users must install this tracking device as it can be installed on old Pajero's too..check with your nearest Authorized Mitsubishi dealer for more information.

Old 10th February 2011, 16:34   #190
buz
BHPian

@gtabombay - Have you tried going to the press with this? It may not get your car, but will place immense pressure on the police to act on guys like Nasrat. For the ammo that you have collected over this period of time, it can cover a whole page! Please do think about it. Feel sorry for your loss. More than the loss, it is also the inconvenience of dealing with a totally heartless system that turns its back on you when you most need it. Hope there are happier times for you otherwise.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:25   #191
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you for such wonderful execution. I bumped into this tread seeing the rating it got & ended up doing my part too promptly.

Its definitely not that easy to pull out information from the mobile operators or trace the number to its owner/address. You have real determination to slowly move forward on this keep everything else aside
Old 10th February 2011, 19:37   #192
BHPian

gtabombay, your grit is truly admirable. The fact that even after you have all these details about this person, the police is unable/unwilling to do anything says a lot about the state of our nation. India has a long long way to go before we start comparing ourselves to really progressive nations.

Wonder if the TRP hungry media will be of any help to your cause. Your cause though, is not just yours, its in the interest of every Indian who's a victim of the system and the apathy of the forces we elect to protect us.

All the best of luck and much respect to you
Old 10th February 2011, 20:12   #193
BHPian

GTA

You can surely try FISHING him out. BUT for that you gotta have a BAIT, a pretty good one at that.

Think about it.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:32   #194

gtabombay - I'm glued to this thread! It's for the first time I have heard a story like this in so much detail. Amazing. And hats off to the efforts you have done and the extent you have gone to get the information. If I would have been in your place I would have just considered it as my bad luck, try to forget about it and be cautious about it in the future. That's all I could have done.
There are very few people like you who speak up against such things and also warn other car owners rather then just focusing on getting your car back.
Old 10th February 2011, 20:40   #195
BHPian

@gtabombay,

If not anything else, your never ending persistence will hunt him down for sure; and IMO it is needed to make those theives out there doubt their confidence that they can always get away by stealing other people's stuff.
Also, wanted to mention that you have acted wisely by starting a thread that is spreading awareness to a whole lot of tbhpians and wannabe tbhpians. I genuinely thank you for that.
I won't belittle your effort by wishing you anything. I would rather say I have complete confidence in your efforts.
Cheers
Closed Thread