Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2011, 21:22   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

The effort put in by you is commendable. It is only when common people take a stand, that their rights are safeguarded. However by doing so, you endanger yourself. I sincerely hope you will take the utmost precautions to ensure your personal safety - Please do not for a moment think you are at risk only from the auto lifter who stole your vehicle. The cronies of this guy in the law enforcement setup pose a bigger threat to your personal safety. Please do not underestimate the rot that pervades our law enforcement setup. I have personal experience of this, though that is not relevant to the issue at hand.

Further I wonder if the moderators find any merit in bringing this thread to the attention of the powers that be and the media at large to point out the connivance of the law enforcers with those who break the law.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:28   #197
BHPian

gtabombay, sorry for the sad part.
But i have to appreciate the effort you have taken to analyse the carjacking business. Pain has become the cause! And it has really helped us a lot to understand mumbai police.
But since you have tracked Nasrat quite long, would advise you to maintain your own safety.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:50   #198
BHPian

Thank you all for your understanding and your comments which encouraged me to complete the post as much as possible.

These days I am keeping a very low profile -- even avoiding my presence in any Police Station. I hope soon a final chapter can be written.
Old 10th February 2011, 21:54   #199
BHPian

gta,

Only one thing I can do and thats the salute to your spirit. Story seems no less than a Bollywood movie. I guess you can sell it to some producer at the price of a new Pajero.

Jokes apart, Few things are not cleared to me.

1. You told that Nasarat used ur debit card for various transactins, Isnt ATM PIN must for any debit card transaction?
2. How thief was able to remove rear door lock? Isnt any simple AutoCop kind of system starts sounding alert when any of the door gets open?
3. is the rear door lock removable without opening read door?

Regards
speed_edge
Old 10th February 2011, 21:58   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercrzy View Post
Update : All Pajero's these days are equipped with vehicle tracking device from Hindustan Trackers. They have been successful in recovering couple of Pajero's with the help of this on board tracking device. Following are the features of the Pajero's Vehicle Tracking Device.

1. Geo Fencing / Route Fence Alerts / Emergency Alerts

You can set geographical boundaries for your vehicles movement and once your vehicle crosses this geo fence the engine is cut off automatically.

2. SMS / Email Alerts

You will receive SMS and Email alerts pointing to Journey Start/ End, Location, Over speed, Ideal condition, Air condition on/off alerts..etc.

3. 24 X 7 Call centre

Stop your vehicle round the clock : with a simple phone call / SMS

4. Anti Theft

Automatic immobilzation in case of any theft attempt.

If security is your concern i suggest all Pajero users must install this tracking device as it can be installed on old Pajero's too..check with your nearest Authorized Mitsubishi dealer for more information.

I am not aware of this facility..I have a 2008 Pajero, so you are saying I should contact HM Mitsubishi & get this feature activated. Would it not be activated by default.

Well thanks for the information. I was unaware of this as are many others I am sure

Cheers
Old 10th February 2011, 22:46   #201
BHPian

Hi
I am really sorry to hear your loss. Your efforts to trace the vehicle, bring the culprits to justice, patience, dealing with the idiots in the system, trying to create awareness among other owners and sharing your experience in this forum is highly commendable. I dont know how you are keeping your cool amidst this injustice of the system. I am glued to this thread till i see a post from you reclaiming your vehicle and bringing the culprit to justice. All the best yaar.
Cheers.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:11   #202
Senior - BHPian

gtabombay,

I'm shocked reading your experience. I sincerely hope that your tireless efforts do not go in vain.

Every car theft that is deterred because of your search efforts and this thread is YOUR VICTORY

All the best and take extreme care of your personal safety!
Old 10th February 2011, 23:24   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I am not aware of this facility..I have a 2008 Pajero, so you are saying I should contact HM Mitsubishi & get this feature activated. Would it not be activated by default.

Well thanks for the information. I was unaware of this as are many others I am sure
My wisest guess would be that this is an extra hardware that you have to buy from the dealer and probably pay a monthly fee too.
Old 10th February 2011, 23:39   #204
Senior - BHPian

Man steel his car at least once. That will be a slap in his face.. Let him walk to his house wondering who stole his car..
Old 11th February 2011, 03:06   #205
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Story of Pajero Theft

I am sure everyone here would kill me for writing this/ might call me a coward or something but IMO you should just settle your insurance claims and forget about the whole episode as a bad dream!

You have put in a lot of effort to catch this mongrel criminal and are really close; but do you think putting him behind the bars for a day or two would do any good to you or get you car back? Our judicial system would take years and years to bring him to justice, moreover with the kind of money he's making its nearly impossible to keep him behind bars for even a month forget about a longer term.

I have been through a similar experience when my Zen -DL 3C A 3058 was stolen not once but twice!! I had caught the culprit [my college union's president!!!] red-handed when he was leisurely driving the car with his girlfriend - the first incident.
My car was in good condition when I'd caught them and I was quite happy; but it was not long before my worst nightmare begun. For some legal procedures it had to be produced in the court [Superdaari], so it was parked in the PS yard for a few days before the hearing. It was during those couple of days when almost everything was stolen/changed in the car- ICE, tyres, battery, seat covers and even fenders etc!!

On seeing the car in such a bad state, my blood boiled and I wanted to thrash the S.I and his aides [anger can make you MAD!] but my dad calmed me down somehow. My father made me realize that I can't fight against the whole corrupt system alone, its always better to forgive and forget when the loss is just Monetary. [during college days a monetary loss of even 2-3 grands meant a lot but I somehow de-stressed myself]

Got back to normal life but within days I started getting threats from Mr President-cum-chor's various channels. Tyres were deliberately punctured almost every other day, the car was scratched and dented regularly in the college parking lot etc.
I took the case up with the principal and filed an FIR against unknown persons on his guidance [even the principal was scared to confront Mr President!]

A few days after the new FIR, the Zen was stolen back again from right outside the college gate!! that was after 43 days when it was stolen first! I called the police- only to be harassed again! The S.I alleged that I'm the REAL culprit, I want money and have sold the car, blah blah blah!!
He finally agreed to file another FIR; but irritated me like hell the whole day.

Frustrated by all these incidents mentioned above and a few others, I decided to make mends with the thief and forgive him; I called him to let him know that I would co-operate and wouldn't recognize him in the court [hallucinating a total Bollywood style scene in courts] Surprisingly he apologizes and things are settled.

Had I been in your shoes, I would have forgotten about the car as the criminal involved in your case seems to be very dangerous and might harm you even more. Monetary losses do pinch, but you can always earn the money back. Remember, what is utmost important is life, don't risk it for money!
For these mongrels the value of other's life is less than the value of a hundred bucks, read some news articles on Greater Noida- UP carjacking cases, you'll get to know what I'm talking about.

P.S- just my perspective, please feel free to criticize it. We are all here to have a discussion.
Old 11th February 2011, 09:19   #206
BHPian

Boss, gtabombay, while I do appreciate your perseverance in following this case diligently, please do be careful. On the basis of all the evidence which you have collected, this looks like some professional gang who will generally care for nothing whoever gets hurt and they probably will have means for this also.

@anshul_babbar: I agree.

No sum of money or car (or any material thing for that matter) is worth your or your family's life. Period.

Please be careful! All the best.
Old 11th February 2011, 09:49   #207

^^ Well what you say is true to a certain extent but what gta has been doing is one of a kind effort.

It is indeed concerning that he is hot on the trail of this thief and it takes lot of courage to do this. i support his stance of standing up.
Team bhp has lots of members in every area and instead of trying to show support in any manner, telling him to bow out is not very encouraging.
Old 11th February 2011, 10:44   #208
BHPian

^^^ Yep. I agree that gtbombay is doing something which many others would not do - while I definitely applaud the effort he's doing to bring a thief to books, one should also be practical and ensure that personal and family safety is taken care of! From what I've read from gtbombay's meticulous methods, i believe that he's sensible enough to factor in these aspect. My point is please don't get obsessive about and ignore safety aspects.

All the best!
Old 11th February 2011, 11:11   #209

safety is the term which can be reinforced by support from the members.
that is what i meant by team bhp's strength.

if at all a network of members can assist him in tracking the culprit, then it ll be an effort worth vying for.
but i guess this ll be absolutely upto gta now to take the steps in whichever direction he thinks is right.

i support his stance and only wd wanna convey that due steps should be taken for safety.. mch like water tight security measures.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:32   #210
BHPian

gtamumbai. I feel really sorry for your loss. But you have great courage to follow up the case by yourself. I believe that you will one day surely get a positive result for all these hard works. It's an eye opener for many of us here, somethings like the vallet parking and local mechanic's..

As you said one day this guy will become a politician and try to exceed the other scams so far in the scene. It's hurting to see some cops work this way which creates a whole lot of dent in the image of all of them.

All the best and expecting a happy ending to your case..
Closed Thread