Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2011, 02:31   #226
BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

My goodness after going through the whole thread i feel the so called stupid idea of my friend isn't all that stupid, this is what he has done to his 2005 zen. Has concealed a nokia 1100 under the dash right behind the left AC vent powered directly from the battery with a prepaid sim with all alerts muted. He says this way he can track the vehicle anytime with its cell id.

@GTABOMBAY Wish lady luck shines by your side
Old 12th February 2011, 03:33   #227
BHPian

gtabombay: I have nothing but the highest regard for you Sir!
I can only imagine the frustration this ordeal must have brought to you past year on. And worse, having to deal with the corrupt cops. I sincerely pray to god that you come out successful in your mission.

I will send you a PM with a idea, that may help you in your investigation.
Old 12th February 2011, 07:06   #228
BHPian

Hi
@ anshul_babbar : Its much more easy to accept and move ahead but very few have the capacity and tolerance to go the extra mile and see the problem through. Those people who are willing to risk it are the ones who change the system for the betterment of all who are part of it. I know the number of times i had greased hands to make my job easier but by doing it we are just making it worse. I think gta has got the capability to see it through and who knows make a huge dent in the corrupted system which might help lot of others. Cheers.
Old 12th February 2011, 09:33   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
My goodness after going through the whole thread i feel the so called stupid idea of my friend isn't all that stupid, this is what he has done to his 2005 zen. Has concealed a nokia 1100 under the dash right behind the left AC vent powered directly from the battery with a prepaid sim with all alerts muted. He says this way he can track the vehicle anytime with its cell id.
Even that wont work if you have cops like the one who was calling this con and giving inside information all the time. Your thief will get to know there is a cellphone within minutes and disconnect it. If the cops are hand in hand, even God cant save the car.
Old 12th February 2011, 12:13   #230
BHPian

@Gtabombay - I have been following your thread since the day you started it. It is really sad, but as everyone, I am also waiting to see/hear the end to this. By the way, these days there has been a marked increase in the number of Pajero's in Kolkata (one is seen every 10 minutes at an average). The scenario was entirely different even a year back. I wonder if this is the result of such thefts.
Old 12th February 2011, 12:56   #231
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel its time to involve the local media and also a private detective agency. Case will be closed in not more than 2-3days max.

The hue and cry that will get created will send a strong signal to the public, the goons and the cops involved in appropriate manner.

p.s: Try Mumbai Mirror...
Old 12th February 2011, 13:12   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I somehow feel its time to involve the local media and also a private detective agency. Case will be closed in not more than 2-3days max.

The hue and cry that will get created will send a strong signal to the public, the goons and the cops involved in appropriate manner.

p.s: Try Mumbai Mirror...
Ya that might help.Maybe via visual media?
Old 12th February 2011, 14:31   #233
BHPian

Hi Gtabombay,
We all are there with you and pray for a speedy recovery of your vehicle.Never spare that person and let it be lesson for other Auto theives..
Old 12th February 2011, 14:40   #234
BHPian

I just read all the posts on this thread and have to say it GtaBombay you are a rockstar. I really hope that you get your beauty back.

If you need any help please feel free to ask, am sure the team-bhp members will help in any way possible.

And yeah, I am on the lookout for a purple pajero!!!

From reading these posts, I have some questions which the seniors can answer
1) Do we have anyone on this forum with very advanced (technical) information about car security who can tell us some inside info into the methods to Stop (or get back the vehicle soon) in case of theft. Can we start a thread on it(if it isn't already present)

2) Any pajero owners found about the security system mentioned by Gta? Is something like this available for other cars too?

3)How practical is it to avoid giving the cars for Valet parking?

4) Any specific points for keeping the Maruti Swift safe.( I really don't want to lose my baby)
Old 12th February 2011, 15:09   #235
BHPian

Hi Gtabombay,
Just completed reading the whole posts. After learning the state of Police, I have a little hope on the media. Hope you can take help from them. But, its really a risk going against Nusrat, which would be worth taking if you have enough political background to support.
Wish you good luck.
Old 12th February 2011, 21:27   #236
BHPian

What a rivetting story! GTA- I salute your grit,tenacity and bravery! Take good care! All of us paray that you do not come to any harm. Above all it will really be wonderful if you could bring this case to a fitting end.
Regards,
Ashok
Old 12th February 2011, 21:47   #237
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Hi Gtabombay sorry for what all you had to go through. First of all hats off to your persistence and patience and courage to go after such a notorious criminal! Our system is in such a sad state of affairs that even though evidence is out in front, nobody can even touch that bugger. Even cops who are supposed to protect the citizens are hand in glove with such criminals, and its not just with car thefts but even in other crime related to theft and robbery! Your thread has just made me realize so many things about car safety, from now i will be extra careful and watchful when ever i take out my car, and everyone reading this thread must be.
I wish you all the luck and wish you succeed in your mission!
Old 13th February 2011, 00:17   #238
BHPian

Gtabombay, Just happened to read entire story. Its so disheartening to say the least. I felt so frustrating when I tried to capture all your story at one shot.

You were able to trace the person, his background, his picture, his modus operandi, his native, his current location/s, his girl, cop who's helping him, his numbers, his IMEI numbers, his bank details, ATM transactions, call logs and on and on.

Inspite of all this, the police are not getting hold of him. I am sure if they seriously want to do it, its less than 15min job for them.

State of affairs!!
Old 13th February 2011, 02:05   #239
BHPian

At the outset let me say that you are a very determined guy.You have identified the culprit,his modus operandi,and have connected all the dots.Do not underestimate the power which the media wields,I would suggest that you go to them and have them publish your story ,they will be only too happy to do it, as they are getting a cracker of a story on a platter.It is indeed very frustating to have done all what you have done and not being able to get the culprit to book.
Old 13th February 2011, 03:00   #240
Senior - BHPian

GTAbombay, absolutely riveting account!

I think the perp wont be caught until he accidentally steals some MLA/MP/Corporator's Pajero.

PS : As a further security measure , how about sticking a party emblem on your rear windscreen ? Hows that for a deterrent ?
Closed Thread