Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2011, 12:30   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

If you need hands on Pratapgarh, let me know. I hail from there. I do not know how dangerous these guys are, but let me put you in contact with some *very* strong men there if you require that. PM me rather.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:32   #272

@gtabombay : I read this post a week back and was checking for updates today. Glad to hear you are still on the case. Kudos to you for still keeping at it.. and wish you all the greatest luck. Hats off to your persistence.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:36   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandth View Post
Setting up a bait, needs more people. May be with the help of some volunteers from TBHP and the people who had lost earlier should come forward to join hands. Yesterday its 'gtabombay' and today / tomorrow, it could be one from us.
I have very a good plan how to bait this vehicle thief. I am waiting for my new Pajero. I don't know how long that is going to take. I don't want to involve the Police in this. I have another plan. If he survives that Police can have him.

He has stolen from many influential people. How higher up can one go? Higher than the Home Minister? uska kuch bhi ukhad nahi saka. His own words. As long as he has his contacts in the Police Force, the worst you can do is drive him out of Mumbai for some time. He will reappear in another avtar and go on.

Aisa plan banao ki, saap bhi mar jaye aur lati bhi na tute!

Last edited by gtabombay : 16th February 2011 at 15:07.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:43   #274
Senior - BHPian

Intriguing.
Thats all i can say.
Make sure that you are safe.

OT: You seem to be buying another Pajero. I assume you are rather successful man and if thats the case then you must be well connected also. Why don't you use your higher up contacts rather than dealing with police like a common man?
Old 16th February 2011, 14:55   #275

@gta, what sheer perseverance!!Kudos, i really hope you catch the thief rather than the cops, i am overwhelmed by the fact that even though you know the thief you are not able to catch him. what a pain it must be for you. But don't give up and my instincts tell me you will catch him in exactly 42 days.Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
I have very a good plan how to bait this Pajero thief. I am waiting for my new Pajero. I don't know how long that is going to take. I don't want to involve the Police in this. I have another plan. If he survives that Police can have him.
cheers to that! I am 100% sure you are going to catch him in 42 days. my instincts don't always go wrong

Last edited by Dippy : 16th February 2011 at 18:45. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 16th February 2011, 15:18   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coomarg View Post
cheers to that! I am 100% sure you are going to catch him in 42 days. my instincts don't always go wrong
Oh great! I hope you are right. Till now the luck was always on the other side. Hope it turns.
Old 16th February 2011, 17:30   #277
BHPian

Damn, more than a year and still no leads? This is ridiculous. One of your earlier posts said the payment receipt was signed off by some Nusrat Ali right, no progress on that too huh? Probably because the thief may have used some other victims card and fake signed for the transaction.

I humbly request everyone not to keep your valuables inside the car when you’ve parked it or even when you’re driving with the windows opened because I’ve myself been a victim 6 months back which I shall narrate down the line. I hope and pray you get your car gtabombay, it really looks so amazing in the pic, I can understand what you must be going through.

Majority of us have this habit of just removing our wallet/mobile and keeping on the left seat or the dashboard for that instance. I too have this really sick habit because I have a bulky wallet and a Blackberry. So I usually get into the car, keep them on the side and enjoy my drive. But one incident changed my mindset completely.

The thiefs nowadays have come up with real professional tactics to con people and trust me even the smartest of people can be fooled. This incident happened in Bangalore when I was driving back home from Ecity to Frazer town at around 7ish pm after work. I’m not an AC addict so I just keep my front windows open at 1/4th. . I came down the Ecity expressway with a breeze but the usual bottleneck silk board flyover had a snail moving traffic.

At the entrance of the silkboard flyover is a nasty illegal bus stop where all the TN and AP buses pick up passengers and cause the big pain for vehicle users with the bus blocking half the flyover entrance and people moving/running from one end to another to board the bus. Since there was snail moving traffic as I entered the flyover and young man mebbe in his 20ies came running and fell over my bonnet. He was looking like a villager to me and I assumed he was panicked by seeing the crowd around, the next moment he’s near my right window banging it hard, I lost my temper, by the time I opened the door and tried to grab him he fled.

Its obvious that if you drive in a city like Bangalore for upto 50kms a day these incidents are part and parcel of life so I moved on. I crossed the silkboard flyover, stretched my hand for my Berry for any missed mails or calls, doom my seat was empty. Even now nothing had striked my mind, I thought that probably because of the hard braking my cell/wallet would have fallen down or something. So I drove for another 2 kms and then stalled my car on the side to check it, searched the floor mat, the door pockets, nothing was found, I was still not convinced at what was happening, I searched the entire car, then I realized ok I have been robbed, sweat dripped across the corner of my brows. My heart hit a thud and I immediately checked my rear pocket, thanked god a million times, my wallet was with me, I dint keep it on the seat that day else I would have been doomed for sure.

I recapped the situation in my mind, the whole thing goes like this, it is a 2 member gang, 1 person diverts your attention and the other puts his hand through the window and takes your valuables. I still wonder how could he put his hand through a window which was only 1/4th open and reach the bottom of my seat, IKON is not that small a car too. I raised a FIR just for my satisfaction, we know the way our police system works so I had no hopes.

After like another 2 weeks, same time, same place I spotted these rogues again, i was excited. I just couldn’t forget the face of the villager like thief who conned me. I wanted to go and trash them single handed but then I thought what if they use some weapons, bruise me and flee away, so I took the help of the Madivala Police Station inspector. With the help of some constables who helped me I was able to nab them after spying on the same spot for 5 days, but unfortunately they had sold everything so the inspector said once it goes out of Karnataka then its gonna be tough job to trace it. Anyways I dint have hope of getting it back but the content and feeling of satisfaction I got from eliminating some bad elements of the society was priceless .

Last edited by Eddy : 16th February 2011 at 17:53. Reason: Please do not use MS word for copy pasting your posts. It leaves behind formatting tags.
Hammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2011, 18:35   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Damn, more than a year and still no leads? This is ridiculous. One of your earlier posts said the payment receipt was signed off by some Nusrat Ali right, no progress on that too huh? Probably because the thief may have used some other victims card and fake signed for the transaction.
Your story is interesting but your observations are not correct. We have traced Nasrat Ali as the main accused and , no he had not used some other victim's card. I know this thread is very long but the Team-BHP folks have done a nice bit of editing and the most of the story in the first post itself. Please read it for clarification.
Old 16th February 2011, 18:56   #279
BHPian

GTA, hats off to your perseverance. Hope you succeed in catching him !

We had a report of a similar incident where a BHPian had almost lost his Scorpio. And the failed theft attempt happened in Powai, the place where Nasrat is now active. Linking the other topic : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...t-attempt.html (Mahindra Scorpio VLX theft attempt)
Old 16th February 2011, 23:23   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
GTA, hats off to your perseverance. Hope you succeed in catching him !

We had a report of a similar incident where a BHPian had almost lost his Scorpio. And the failed theft attempt happened in Powai, the place where Nasrat is now active. Linking the other topic : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...t-attempt.html (Mahindra Scorpio VLX theft attempt)
Yes, that's my story.

I know how it feels when your car is broken into. I dint lose my car, but I still felt terrible & heartbroken.

I really wish the Pajero is recovered very soon. Yes, i still wish that.
Old 16th February 2011, 23:45   #281
BHPian

Wondering if installing some spy cameras & wireless video transmitter inside the car powered by the battery would help in collecting the evidence. Not sure if anything like this is available in the market.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:28   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
I have another plan. If he survives that Police can have him.

Aisa plan banao ki, saap bhi mar jaye aur lati bhi na tute!
This is the first glimpse I have gotten in the whole thread the rage that is driving you! I am not sure if I would have felt any different if I were in your place!

with all the things you have achieved in spite of the odds, i am sure you will get your man and hopefully and eventually the Pajero, just like in the movies
Old 17th February 2011, 12:40   #283
BHPian

In a light vein! Guess all the BHPians should start mock-campaigning with a poster of this Nasrat and the other cops who've failed to do their duty. News channels cover it. Newspapers cover it. The world knows how vehicles are stolen for the campaigning in U.P. and other parts of our country. These babus are put to alert. This thief is caught. Maybe gta might end up getting his purple beauty back.

But on a serious note. make sure your plan is damn good. You're taking it to a notorious criminal who has the backing of all the cops and politicians. Godspeed to you.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:45   #284
BHPian

Think of something that once the car is stolen, he's locked inside the car. Some device that locks him inside the car. Then track him by GPS or something.

Am i thinking straight?

Better you contact the guy who made the TRANSPORTER or better yet, contact 007 himself.

Fun aside, why must you risk so much time and your life for this filth of the society? Just be careful.
Old 17th February 2011, 13:03   #285
Senior - BHPian

Here is my plan.

Leave the Pajero with some sort of wiring around the seat. As soon as the fellow sits in there and cranks the engine, he gets FRIED in the seat.

Ofcourse you need to disable the system before starting the car yourself.
Closed Thread