Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 3rd February 2011, 11:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft

gtabombay,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

On a separate note: please post your story all at once (how much ever it is). It becomes very inconvenient to readers waiting for it. This is not a suspense movie.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:38   #17
BHPian

As a fellow member who had his car stolen (feb 2010), and still untraced, my heart goes out to you boss.

Hope your insurance claim (if any) comes through painlessly.

Sriku
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:56   #18
BHPian

I will try to give you as many posts as possible. Have patience. It is better than a suspense movie! Please wait.
I am trying to post a photo -- since I am a newbie, I am going through the learning curve. Bear wth me.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Guess you got the car back! Lady requesting to drop at the bus stop - Car gone in 10 minutes - Brave enough to not block the cards... a thriller!

p.s. If you haven't yet got back your car, then I apologize!
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:18   #20
BHPian

So sorry to hear about the car...

This is getting nail-biting now

@gtabombay: please continue with the story
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
I made the decision at that moment not to block my cards and give a free hand to the thief. In the coming days this was to prove to be a good move as it would lead me to the identity of the thief and the magnitude of his operations.
Thats a clever move. Better to reduce credit limit than blocking the cards. This way usage can be tracked.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Story of Pajero Theft - 2

Quote:

Mangaldeep is a men's apparel store . Here they swiped for about Rs 2000/-

We immediately left for Vashi. At Mangaldeep there was no CC-TV and the charge slips were unsigned. The guy at the counter was a bit nervous. The Police inspectors finished their enquiries and we left without any clues
This is turning out to be an interesting story.

Did they deliberately shop at this place knowing that the store does not have CC-TV cameras.?
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:23   #23
BHPian

soopar exciting. Bring the details quick! Sorry to sound like this. But i am sure there is something really interesting to follow.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well, so it happened over a year ago. BUt i get it from one of your posts that you have still not recovered it. DId you finally, at some point in time decide to block your cards or are you still tracing their activity for a year, while they make merry

Quick and detailed posts, save these questions actually, considering it is over a year

Anyways, I am surprised at how fast they stole the car and since you do no stay there, and unless a thief is probably hanging out there everyday to steal some cars, and then saw yours come by. They could have most probably been watching you for quite some time, and the second they saw you leaving your car, they took their chance
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:35   #25
BHPian

This is some thriller. Give us the details please; the wait is killing me. I am seriously hoping you got your car back but in a CID story fashion. Full story

Last edited by markmytravel : 3rd February 2011 at 16:41. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:39   #26
BHPian

As 'gtabombay' has said that initial happenings have a bearing on the story, am guessing that thieves must be keeping an eye on him for sometime, maybe right from the Cafe Coffe Day - sitting on the adjacent table or something. Well, just a wild guess.
Really sorry to hear about the theft, more so as you have not recovered the vehicle even after a year.But please bring on the details without these long breaks, as we are getting impatient to learn what happened next.

Btw, reminds me of my cellphone theft a couple of years back, when I was able to trace the thief from my bills. The moron had used my cell for a few calls. After following a dozen call trail, I was able to make the thief deliver the phone at my door step.
Anyway, time for ur story to move.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:46   #27
BHPian

I am sorry, but my intention is not to keep you all in suspense but to get the early crucial parts in the correct order, so that it can be pieced together properly. It was not a preplanned operation as far as I can tell, because I had just returned from an 800km trip from Bhopal on the 4th and I was away for more than 15 days. So anyone planning to steal my car would have had a long wait.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
...It is the first time I have heard of a Pajero being stolen. It is not a very common car that the thieves can steal and get away easily.
As others have mentioned, you are infact quite mistaken! This goes against conventional logic of rare + colourful cars.

Stolen from Napeansea road & FOUND in Bhandup :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...recovered.html (New Pajero got STOLEN THIS MORNING in Mumbai. EDIT: Now recovered!)

Stolen from Bandra :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ra-mumbai.html (Pajero stolen from Bandra in Mumbai)

Infact i've even heard a story about a person whose Pajero got stolen, recovered, and then stolen AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
This is going to be slow progress as all your posts are going to be moderated.
Hey... maybe the mods are following this thread closely too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Did you leave the car unlocked condition?
Pajero locks are as good as unlocked

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2011 at 17:20.
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:05   #29
BHPian

Aller and Mangaldeep stores at Vashi
Attached Images

gtabombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:

The guy at the counter was smart and polite. He showed me the 100 rupees charge slip. When I asked him what it was for it came out that the entire transaction was for Rs 4500 odd rupees and he had tried first my card and when it failed the customer had given a different card. This was the breakthrough which I had never hoped for. Here I was with the charge slip of the thief himself (signed Nasrat Ali) because he had used his own debit card . This was his biggest mistake and all the risks I had taken had finally paid off. With this, his account itself would become an open book for me.

It was now time to block all my cards and get new ones issued as there was nothing more I could expect from keeping my cards exposed.
Very sad to know about losing a big SUV in less than 10 minutes. I pray that you would have got your car back in the same condition as you were having it before it was stolen.

My doubt here is what if, if the Nasrat Ali is also a stolen Debit card unblocked as the original user might have known that he had lost the card.
Closed Thread